Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Jailed for Threatening Calls

Options
  • 20-05-2021 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭

On the call he said we would need a fire extinguisher as he was going to destroy our son Alan. Alan heard this threat as the three of us were standing listening to the call in the kitchen.

“I thought I was going to collapse and felt physically sick thinking I could lose my remaining son. As a mother I felt like a failure for not being able to protect my child against such horror.

“I often lie awake at night and vividly remember that call. It is impossible to unhear what Noel Barry said. How could you?”

Barry previously pleaded guilty to threatening to kill or cause serious harm to named members of the Blair family in nuisance calls answered by his father Noel.

The calls occurred on the evening of 4 September 2020.

Detective Inspector Daniel Colohan said that just before 11pm on the night of the offence Noel Barry rang Noel Blair in a call that lasted just over 40 seconds.

He said “You better be standing beside your wife and other son with a fire extinguisher. They will be burned.”

Barry then went on to tell the family that a Loyalist should not threaten a Republican.

https://www.thejournal.ie/man-threatened-cameron-blair-family-jailed-5443200-May2021/

This is an absolutely despicable thing to do. He was obviously trying to intimidate the family and wanted them not to pursue the case. It seems like he hadn't worked in some time and had a history of criminality.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Horrible pr!ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

10 previous, should have been tucked away safely in prison long before this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

hawley wrote: »
    On the call he said we would need a fire extinguisher as he was going to destroy our son Alan. Alan heard this threat as the three of us were standing listening to the call in the kitchen.

“I thought I was going to collapse and felt physically sick thinking I could lose my remaining son. As a mother I felt like a failure for not being able to protect my child against such horror.

“I often lie awake at night and vividly remember that call. It is impossible to unhear what Noel Barry said. How could you?”

Barry previously pleaded guilty to threatening to kill or cause serious harm to named members of the Blair family in nuisance calls answered by his father Noel.

The calls occurred on the evening of 4 September 2020.

Detective Inspector Daniel Colohan said that just before 11pm on the night of the offence Noel Barry rang Noel Blair in a call that lasted just over 40 seconds.

He said “You better be standing beside your wife and other son with a fire extinguisher. They will be burned.”

Barry then went on to tell the family that a Loyalist should not threaten a Republican.

https://www.thejournal.ie/man-threatened-cameron-blair-family-jailed-5443200-May2021/

This is an absolutely despicable thing to do. He was obviously trying to intimidate the family and wanted them not to pursue the case. It seems like he hadn't worked in some time and had a history of criminality.

Walter Mitty Republican, a pretend hard man, I wonder how prison will suit him. That poor family have had enough sadness in their lives, that fella sounds like the kind of scumbag who would Rob pensioners or vulnerable people, and couldn't mix it with a real criminal. I had a Scottish mate, who was an old school armed robber, he was in London in the sixties, I asked him what did you think of the Kray twins, and he replied in a matter of fact way, we were nay afraid of 2 cockney poofs. He was a bit wild, but didn't try to justify his actions, he just told me he had 3 go's at it in this life, the first one was a success, the second one wasn't (17 years) and the third one was, he packed it in then with a decent strike rate. When I hear of people like this, proper criminals don't even like them. Lowest of the low

Advertisement