Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€10 off €30 Spend at Dunnes Stores just download app and register

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭slystallone

Techless wrote: »
    Not usable for clothes or household items ?

I had seen before signs around the electronics section that they were included in the 10 off 50 spent voucher,e.g blenders, toasters, kettles and the likes. Can anyone confirm was this just a limited time offer or is that the norm for this voucher?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I had seen before signs around the electronics section that they were included in the 10 off 50 spent voucher,e.g blenders, toasters, kettles and the likes. Can anyone confirm was this just a limited time offer or is that the norm for this voucher?

I recently bought a printer, ink and a pair of headphones and the 10 off 50, as well as a 5 off 25 voucher I used was accepted. Bought them around 2 weeks ago

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

kneemos wrote: »
    Didn't scan on the self service machine.

Obviously haven't caught up with themselves.

Mine scans on the self service in my local Dunnes but the attendant has to come over and override something for the voucher to be accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

Nice app. I like the way the screen auto brightens up to max when presenting the vouchers!

AUDI20 wrote: »
    Dunnes prices have really gone up recently so your not gaining very much on the €10 off scheme, 24 Slab of Diet Coke gone up from €10 to €15.50 dearer than any other Supermarket. just one item of note

I wouldn't shop in Dunnes if it weren't for the money off vouchers (10 off for every 50 euro spent) as it's too expensive.

The cokes were "special offer" at 13,50 today but still you make a valid point.

I've noticed a number of prices rising recently but also (chicken now 10% dearer than it has been for the last year), prices in general are that bit dearer so you need to spend every week to get the vouchers in order to bring the total down to something more like a super-value shop - you certainly don't "save" 20% on your weekly shop with the vouchers when compared to other supermarkets- it's more like 5% when you take their prices into account.

I'm going to register with Super Value one of these days and see what a similar weekly shop comes to as I used to shop there but I like the Whelean's butchers in Dunnes even though i know those meat prices are extortionate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Will I be able to print off these vouchers (take screenshot and print barcode) and give them to relative who doesn't have a smartphone? (They have a club card, which I will register for them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I wouldn't shop in Dunnes if it weren't for the money off vouchers (10 off for every 50 euro spent) as it's too expensive.

The cokes were "special offer" at 13,50 today but still you make a valid point.

I've noticed a number of prices rising recently but also (chicken now 10% dearer than it has been for the last year), prices in general are that bit dearer so you need to spend every week to get the vouchers in order to bring the total down to something more like a super-value shop - you certainly don't "save" 20% on your weekly shop with the vouchers when compared to other supermarkets- it's more like 5% when you take their prices into account.

I'm going to register with Super Value one of these days and see what a similar weekly shop comes to as I used to shop there but I like the Whelean's butchers in Dunnes even though i know those meat prices are extortionate.

Dunnes need to diversify their product range. They have loads of variety of the same products all over the shop. Should drop their own brand stuff too, don't think anybody buys it.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Cheers OP, got the sign up voucher and it already has my latest 10 off €50 recorded as well which is great because I always forget the damn things :)

Hi.
    I wonder can this be used in conjunction with other cash off vouchers ??

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

SheroP wrote: »
    Hi.
    I wonder can this be used in conjunction with other cash off vouchers ??
    Yeah, you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Gooser14

ando wrote:
    Nice app. I like the way the screen auto brightens up to max when presenting the vouchers!

Agree. I nice additional feature would be the saving of the receipt to the app like the Lidl app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Spn744

timple23 wrote: »
    Will I be able to print off these vouchers (take screenshot and print barcode) and give them to relative who doesn't have a smartphone? (They have a club card, which I will register for them)

I don’t know 100% but if it’s printed off as a barcode it will act exactly the same as the app does when scanned.

kneemos wrote: »
    Dunnes need to diversify their product range. They have loads of variety of the same products all over the shop. Should drop their own brand stuff too, don't think anybody buys it.

Their scones and bread are nice but that’s the extent of what I buy from an own label perspective

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Dunnes standard own brand range can be good but is generally a good bit more expensive than other generics. The simply better "high end" own brand is very good quality though and sometimes worth paying extra for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭recyclebin

App requires android 8.0 or higher

Mine is 7.0 so won't work and phone model is only 4 years old!

Same here. Why have they done this? Must be loads of phones on less than 8.0.

Can only be used on groceries too, which isn't mentioned on the posters they have in store in the clothes section! Fiancée has a newer phone so got her to download the app, only to find this out!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

So, app worked great , went to local Dunnes and spent a small fortune albeit reduced on fancy detergent, dishwasher tablets and loo roll etc ,that I could have got for a fraction in “other” shops ..... got €10 off though 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭AhhHere

Signed up a few days ago and got a strange email from them this morning. Subject line was "unsubscribe_webform" and random numbers.

The email told me to download the app. Which I already did as that's how they got my email..

My phone number was in the mail too. Not the best security practice imo. I also did not give permission to contact me via email.

The sloppyness is unsettling.is there anywhere to delete my data?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,883 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

SheroP wrote: »
    So, app worked great , went to local Dunnes and spent a small fortune albeit reduced on fancy detergent, dishwasher tablets and loo roll etc ,that I could have got for a fraction in “other” shops ..... got €10 off though 😂😂

Just used it this morning for the first time too and scanned without issue at the till. It's already updated too with the new voucher as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pickboosgo

Quackster wrote: »
    Yeah, you can.

Wouldn't work for me at the same time as 5 off 25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

downloaded the app this morning and followed the instructions to link it to my online account, but it's not recognising that I have an online account on the app - I don't shop there much anymore, just the odd 2 or 3 things I can't get in Aldi or Lidl, so no real loss

Pickboosgo wrote: »
    Wouldn't work for me at the same time as 5 off 25
    Was the total of your shopping at least the sum of the required spends of the two vouchers (€55 in your case)? I've never had an issue combining vouchers.

You also have to make sure you're not depending on any prohibited items to reach the required spend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Do you have to have a value club card to get this offer or can you just download the app and there is a 10 off 30 voucher there

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Do you have to have a value club card to get this offer or can you just download the app and there is a 10 off 30 voucher there

You need to sign up for a value club card and use that plus a phone number to log in and receive the voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DavidJC

Two of us share the same club card in the house.
    Anyone know will be each get the 10 euro voucher? Is it limited to the clubcard or to each phone number?

Rarely going to Dunnes recently as not hitting the €50 threshold for vouchers since alcohol was removed from the offer and overall prices are higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

DavidJC wrote: »
    Anyone know will be each get the 10 euro voucher? Is it limited to the clubcard or to each phone number?

Rarely going to Dunnes recently as not hitting the €50 threshold for vouchers since alcohol was removed from the offer and overall prices are higher.

Tied to clubcard I imagine, could get another clubcard possibly.

Don't need phone number to sign up, email address will do.

DavidJC wrote: »

It will be whoever the cards name is registered with or whoever signs up first I would imagine.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I used it today in Dunnes. Very zippy at the tills. Handy having the voucher on the phone. I'd forget to bring the paper voucher with me half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mburke

cjmcork wrote: »
    downloaded the app this morning and followed the instructions to link it to my online account, but it's not recognising that I have an online account on the app - I don't shop there much anymore, just the odd 2 or 3 things I can't get in Aldi or Lidl, so no real loss

Same issue, does not recognise existing account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Quackster wrote: »
    Was the total of your shopping at least the sum of the required spends of the two vouchers (€55 in your case)? I've never had an issue combining vouchers.

You also have to make sure you're not depending on any prohibited items to reach the required spend.

Just on this. You could spend 35, use the 10 off voucher, leaving 25, then use the 5 off 25 voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭faolteam

There Vegetables are the worst ever lately

• Advertisement

Just on this. You could spend 35, use the 10 off voucher, leaving 25, then use the 5 off 25 voucher
    No you can't, that doesn't work.

Advertisement