Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

KCC (Control of Consumption & Possession of Alcohol in Public Places) Bye-Laws, 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

I thought it was always illegal. There you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

I thought it was always illegal. There you go

Rule of thumb: It's legal unless a local bye-law makes it illegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,612 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It was illegal in some areas of the county before, good luck finding the old bye laws online - there'd be old UDC/Town Council ones and there was a partial one for Maynooth also I'm fairly sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭charlesanto

The mapped areas seem a little crazy...
    In Celbridge, they have gone out of their way yo include Castletown house, but the grounds are excluded. One half of Celbridge GAA grounds are in, and the other half out.
    If you know the areas it seems very deliberate.

Maps Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

L1011 wrote: »
    It was illegal in some areas of the county before, good luck finding the old bye laws online - there'd be old UDC/Town Council ones and there was a partial one for Maynooth also I'm fairly sure.

Wouldn't be unusual if there was a problem. First place I remember a bye-law being introduced was to cover Eyre Square when it was constantly full of bums and winos.
    The mapped areas seem a little crazy...
    In Celbridge, they have gone out of their way yo include Castletown house, but the grounds are excluded. One half of Celbridge GAA grounds are in, and the other half out.
    If you know the areas it seems very deliberate.

Maps Here

It seems to me to be obstructionist. Council should serve the public, not hinder it. Reminds me of when Leixlip Louisa Bridge only had a small car park and people used to park on Accommodation Road when the car park was full. Kildare County Council's answer was to cover the place with double yellow lines. It wasn't till years later that the big car park opened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement