Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Dublin Need a New Central Bus Station?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

The current Docklands station land is required for the portal. Although accommodating a DU station in Spencer Dock isn't too difficult the Portal causes all sorts of problems. The recent submission for Spencer Dock have somewhat brushed aside the portal issue and if the tunnel is to proceed sooner rather than later I'd suspect they'd need to reexamine they're plans as the capacity of the surface station will be severely effected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

The College Gate apartments been demolished for MN could offer a potential site for a new bus station in the future. It would be prime spot especially if DU was to be re-routed via Tara St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

I'd love to see Hawkins Hse/Apollo Hse as the site of a new Central Bus Station, replacing Busaras, with a walkway bridge linking to the new Tara Street Dart Station.
    Luas would be outside the door.
    An underground walkway could link to any future O'Connell Bridge MN station - or an underground station box could be built to be used as part of any future Dublin Underground or the Inter-connector.
    The makings of a city centre transport hub?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭D.L.R.

BowWow wrote: »
    I'd love to see Hawkins Hse/Apollo Hse as the site of a new Central Bus Station, replacing Busaras, with a walkway bridge linking to the new Tara Street Dart Station.
    Luas would be outside the door.
    An underground walkway could link to any future O'Connell Bridge MN station - or an underground station box could be built to be used as part of any future Dublin Underground or the Inter-connector.
    The makings of a city centre transport hub?

I hear taoiseach Cowen himself will open O'Connell Bridge station in two thousand and never.

Advertisement