Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy and sell sticky?

Options
  • 20-05-2021 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Would there be any interest in this? I generally have nonissue buying 2nd hand Apple devices, provided they are cared for the same as mine would be.

Adverts and DoneDeal are a nightmare for selling high end products.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

Would there be any interest in this? I generally have nonissue buying 2nd hand Apple devices, provided they are cared for the same as mine would be.

Adverts and DoneDeal are a nightmare for selling high end products.

Sounds like a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Would need a mod to setup I think, defo think it would be worthwhile. Like minded people selling/buying like minded tech second hand. Saves the “would you consider swapping a football for your iPad Pro” on adverts etc

Any interest in getting this going?

I’d be good with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Yep, seems like a good idea. The autumn is nearly on us, and depending on what's launched, I may be upgrading watch and phone etc, in which case I'll have well cared for units to sell. Would be great to have a way to sell them without having to go to Facebook adverts or adverts.ie etc.

• Advertisement

Agreed, sick of the nonsense trying to sell decent products on adverts.

not sure how we go about setting it up, presumably it needs a mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Okay, I'll start. I have three genuine boxed Apple products to sell.

Lost my Apple Pencil 2 last year, bought another one and then found it yesterday down the back of the sofa. So, one barely used, boxed Apple Pencil 2 for sale - €135 new, I'll sell it here for €65.

Iphone 11 Pro navy silicon case - opened but never used. Managed to buy the wrong size last year. Never got around to returning it to Apple - £45 new, will sell here for €20.

Ipad Smart Cover (for 7th gen iPad, 3rd gen iPad Air and 10.5in iPad Pro.) €55 new, €25 here. Unopened.

No offers - there are great prices. DM me if you want one or all of these. I'll accept PayPal/revolute and will post in Ireland happily.

Great prices to be fair, hopefully the thread takes off and people can grab some bargains

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The Forum charter doesn’t allow selling. This needs to be approved by Mods first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

This is a giid idea, I have bought both new and second hand apple products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

There is a sub forum over on Cycling called Cycling Adverts so perhaps a mod could set something similar up on the Apple Devices forum. I reckon there would be plenty of interest in it and make selling 2nd hand tech a lot more straight forward.

How do we get a mod to look at it? Thread has been live for weeks….

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

There wasn't much Mod activity for a long time on this forum, and even less since the changes. I'll ask around tomorrow and see what the story is.

Advertisement