Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify App Problem - Shortcut functionality gone?

Options
  • 20-05-2021 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've a Premium Spotify account for a number of years and one of the things I like doing is adding shortcuts to some playlists to my homescreen. The function has always been available by opening the Spotify App, long pressing on a playlist name which opens an options menu and selecting the "Add to Homescreen" option but today all the Spotify playlist shortcuts I'd previously added disappeared and when I go to re-add them from the app the option to "Add to Homescreen" is no longer listed.

I've checked online expecting there to be grumpy users like myself complaining about the loss of this function but whilst there are threads discussing problems with adding shortcuts they are all several months or years old and seem to be user or app version related, there's nothing to indicate the app has suddenly dropped the ability to add shortcuts to the homescreen.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but the option to add shortcuts is still not listed in the pop up menu when you long press a playlist.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone know if there's a way to restore the ability to add playlist shortcuts to the homescreen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Try doing it in reverse, open the Android widget menu. Probably means holding on you wallpaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

54and56 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've a Premium Spotify account for a number of years and one of the things I like doing is adding shortcuts to some playlists to my homescreen. The function has always been available by opening the Spotify App, long pressing on a playlist name which opens an options menu and selecting the "Add to Homescreen" option but today all the Spotify playlist shortcuts I'd previously added disappeared and when I go to re-add them from the app the option to "Add to Homescreen" is no longer listed.

I've checked online expecting there to be grumpy users like myself complaining about the loss of this function but whilst there are threads discussing problems with adding shortcuts they are all several months or years old and seem to be user or app version related, there's nothing to indicate the app has suddenly dropped the ability to add shortcuts to the homescreen.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but the option to add shortcuts is still not listed in the pop up menu when you long press a playlist.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone know if there's a way to restore the ability to add playlist shortcuts to the homescreen?

Try going into the actual playlist and pressing the menu at the top right hand side - the "Add to Home Screen" option should appear near the bottom of the menu

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

Try going into the actual playlist and pressing the menu at the top right hand side - the "Add to Home Screen" option should appear near the bottom of the menu

That works!!! Thank you Pizzahead77, normality has been restored.

Advertisement