Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

home file sharing help

Options
  • 21-05-2021 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

hi,hope someone can help.i have wired and setup a home network.computer in house wired to router,tv wireless,sonos music player wireless and then home office at the end of the garden(with access point router)with a computer and a hifi with a network player(marantz na 6006)....i am trying to share my music on my computer(in the house) to my marantz(end of garden) and cant do it.i can switch on my tv and see the marantz and play music from its hard drive and i can play music on my sonos(wireless) from the computer in the house so the network between all devices are seeing each other apart from my main computer to everything apart from the sonos(it has its own app on the computer).i have googled sharing files and set up sharing in settings in the network and sharing center on my computer(where i can see all devices)i also allowed all the individual files i want to share to share.but when i go to marantz and look up music server all i get is my name@outlook.com and lots of folders and playlists but everything is empty.

i was seeing nothing until i made changes on sharing center and now i am seeing something but actual music files are missing....can anyone point me in the right direction.cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭johnboy8

Scratch that question.just got it sorted.typical.

Advertisement