Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account restricted text

Options
  • 21-05-2021 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭

Is this from BOI or fraud?
    It it's from BOI is it something to do with hse  hack?

Screenshot of text

Screenshot-20210521-104252.jpgbellco customer service number

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,555 ✭✭✭✭kippy

blade1 wrote: »

Screenshot of text

Thats a scam text - not from BOI.
    The link is a dead giveaway.

This kinda thing is going on all the time - very little to do with the HSE hack I'd expect.
    Worth a read:
    https://blog.bankofireland.com/text-message-scams/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

blade1 wrote: »

Screenshot of text

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

We are aware that fraudulent messages are circulating at the moment. Bank of Ireland will never contact you by phone/text/email asking you to follow a link to disclose any of your banking information in full. 

Thank you for taking the time to check with us and for being vigilant. 

Have a nice weekend!

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I just got this text a few minutes ago and I don't even have a BoI account any more. My phone immediately marked it as spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Just received this text too. It actually appears in the text chain along with all my other BoI texts. Have spammers hijacked the BoI text number to do this kind of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,531 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Passenger wrote: »
    Just received this text too. It actually appears in the text chain along with all my other BoI texts. Have spammers hijacked the BoI text number to do this kind of thing?
    No, they have set the sender ID to "BOI" and your phone has merged them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Passenger wrote: »
    Hi There, thanks for getting in touch with us here. It is very easy for fraudsters to do this, if they use the same sender ID of 'BOI' your phone will presume it is coming from the same place as before. They do this to make their texts appear more genuine. I hope this clarifies.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement