Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(WHO) expert believes Ireland will have to re-impose regional restrictions

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Lumen wrote: »

This is my age group and we're still mostly hiding except from our vaccinated parents.

My age group as well, far from hiding though, my BMI would allow me identify as at risk if I chose to, it's just a regular Saturday morning feeling a big groggy after some lovely draft pints with the lads last night.
    World feels normal until I head out and see people walking around with gloves and masks in the fresh air, it turns me off shops and outdoor urban areas tbh, probably head for an outdoor meal and take away pints later on and some watersports, doubt I'll see any rubber gloves folk there thankfully.
    This has probably damaged us all mentally in some way, think I'm ready to whiplash back to fully normal once the mandate lifts it's the only thing left stressing me out when going about my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

My age group as well, far from hiding though, my BMI would allow me identify as at risk if I chose to, it's just a regular Saturday morning feeling a big groggy after some lovely draft pints with the lads last night.
    World feels normal until I head out and see people walking around with gloves and masks in the fresh air, it turns me off shops and outdoor urban areas tbh, probably head for an outdoor meal and take away pints later on and some watersports, doubt I'll see any rubber gloves folk there thankfully.
    This has probably damaged us all mentally in some way, think I'm ready to whiplash back to fully normal once the mandate lifts it's the only thing left stressing me out when going about my day.

Those "mentally damaged" are very few in between. I work in retail, and if you removed the masks from peoples faces you wouldn't be able to tell any difference to pre-covid times. Social distancing is totally non-existant anymore, apart handful of super cautious individuals throughout the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,079 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Unless you physically build borders around our county boundaries and patrol them 24/7 then local restrictions simply won't work, too much arm chancing in this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Dr. Em

Yes, the local restrictions (as in closing things in one area) have never gotten the cases down quickly. The only type of local restrictions I can see working would be a proper carrot and stick approach: a 2 week ban on non-essential journeys outside of the effected county (with no extension beyond 2 weeks), plus a huge ramping up of drop in testing and vaccinations in that area.

Advertisement