Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do do with bacon & cabbage wather? Something other than parsley sauce.

Options
  • 21-05-2021 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

It's very tasty and yummy, but I end up throwing most of it out.

I know people use some to make parsley sauce.

Anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Pea and ham soup.

Just throw a bag of frozen peas into the water with a few bits of bacon scraps, bring to the boil and blitz.

I usually add carrot, onion and celery when boiling the bacon but it works fine without.

Add decent amounts garlic and onion powder/granules and paprika to the bacon+cabbage+water mix. Add a little cayenne pepper too if you like heat. Cook as normal. Serve with schpudz.

Been doing this for about a year now and cant see meself going back to traditional bacon and cabbage.

Save the peas for lunch the next day using the leftovers (bacon and pea soup).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Pea and ham soup.

Just throw a bag of frozen peas into the water with a few bits of bacon scraps, bring to the boil and blitz.

I usually add carrot, onion and celery when boiling the bacon but it works fine without.

This is what i do and i look forward to it as much as the bacon.

(a few peppercorns when boiling the bacon as well, plus a little fresh mint in the soup)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

eeepaulo wrote: »

(a few peppercorns when boiling the bacon as well, plus a little fresh mint in the soup)

I usually do both these things, too.
    Was keeping it simple, though.

Advertisement