Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Room to Improve": The Late Late Show - Friday 21st May 2021.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Light touch interview for daughters of RTE royalty

They've been running down the clock since last week. This season is all but over apart from actually turning off the lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Irish funeral is done well.

Maybe there's more to the 'adoption' than we think!

My mother always thought about the girls likewise... Crona, when not laryngitis, has a voice like Kathleen. It's possible there might have been a family situation with a very good outcome for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

It's all about feelings with Tubridy. it wasn't like this with Gay. Yet Gay is responsible for Tubridy and Duffy. Not a great legacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

But RTE will always ask every other adoptee about their birth parents(s), any time PJ Gallagher is on, Joanne McNally etc.

That is because both of those comedians work those stories about their lives into their comedy sketches.

To thine own self be true

PieOhMy wrote: »
    If the Late Late Show was a person it would actualy end up as a guest on itself due to the fact it clearly is in terminal decline and should be in palatative care itself. Its the sickest one of all.

They've clearly stopped even trying with 2 weeks to go, already talking about next season for some reason, interviewing the same staff yet again and as far as I know not even relasing the guest line up mid week as I assume they know themselves it is so pathetic? Still the wages will be paid regardless of the shameful program put forth. It's been a terrible week generally and this is what we get? What happened the positive shows post McGuigan?

I wasn't afraid to mention palatative care before the show started Ryan!!!!! It's where this programme should be along with the careers of the people who accept their wages for torturing the nation like this at such a difficult time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

He/she was an avid reader is a phrase I totally disdain.

A lot of intelligent people don't read much. Pretentious rubbish.

My mother always thought about the girls likewise... Crohns, when not laryngitis, has a voice like Kathleen. It's possible there might have been a family situation with a very good outcome for the day.

So like Gay around her mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Illium

Lucky to have the LLS Best of by Gay Byrne on sky plus.

Think it was a series on RTÉ last summer.

Throw it on some nights during the week.

Great guests.

Thanks Gay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He/she was an avid reader is a phrase I totally disdain.

A lot of intelligent people don't read much. Pretentious rubbish.

Loads of avid readers as dull as fooking dishwater..

And as thick as two planks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fook me..

Homelessness, MS, breast cancer, palliative care/death and now sick children..

What a sick show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

After the break, A Prime Time Special

Macdarack wrote: »
    Gaybo and his Late Late show was much better than this guys.
    Way better variety with Gaybo.

No denying that. But the real Gaybo the person, was seen in the Annie Murphy interview when he tried to bully her.

I'd say he was a cantakerous little bollix to live with.

Who's voice is doing the AXA ad does anyone know? Sounds familiar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I think so far in my life I've witnessed maybe 3 or 4 nostalgia sessions for Gay Byrne and the same for Gerry Ryan. That seems like alot.

They got serious mileage out of Brendan Grace lately too

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Loads of avid readers as dull as fooking dishwater..

And as thick as two planks!!

I'm a librarian, and it can be annoying all the what I read crack. A lot of them have no balance in their lives, humour, exercise, love of the outdoors etc. They're like a cult :D 20 years in the job and going to change.

M

The Doireann Project, ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Jesus ****ing christ... MORE misery

Will they be interviewing the chair?!

I'm a librarian, and it can be annoying all the what I read crack. A lot of them have no balance in their lives, humour, exercise, love of the outdoors etc. They're like a cult :D 20 years in the job and going to change.

I am a retired librarian! We are very organised multi-taskers with a hell of a lot going for us :D

• Advertisement

Ryan must need to take a shower after this every Friday to try and wash the disgusting feeling away but it will never go away. If he had any decency and has exhausted all avenues to change this shows direction he should resign.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

I know it's said every week that it's a misery show but ffs, any ould f&&kin craic. Jesus H tiddy *F*uk

M

Why ask the Taoiseach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Am I heartless when watching interviews like this when I think.... why do parents not buy this equipment themselves? Why is it up to the state to provide them?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

What kind of chair she's after.? How much for the chair I wonder.

I'm off. Going to watch season two of 'succession'.
    it's a show about the media and nepotism so it will never be talked about on rte for obvious reasons.

I hope everyone who was involved in tonight's show is truly ashamed of themselves and that everyone who read and posted in the thread wasn't too badly effected and their weekend gets better from here on out.

M

Does the father not give money?

No there is 'none'.

I am a retired librarian! We are very organised multi-gaskets with a hell of a lot going for us :D

There since Branching Out 1998 Catmaniac?

A lot are fine but a lot, where I am at least, aren't!!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭B2021M

mloc123 wrote: »
    Am I heartless when watching interviews like this when I think.... why do parents not buy this equipment themselves? Why is it up to the state to provide them?

Everything seems to be up to the state these days. Not sustainable.

M

Would she be entitled to a compensation from the IVF place?

• Advertisement

I think in practice a fair few actually do... but they are probably speaking on behalf of parents who genuinely have few resources and are trying to highlight the issues on behalf of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Would she be entitled to a compensation from the IVF place?

For what because a baby happened to have a very extremely rare condition.

M

Those who shout the loudest get 3 bed forever homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

Because it’s often extremely expensive. How heartless could one be to think a young innocent child who only has a few short years to live should not be provided by her state with vital equipment to keep her safe and comfortable and give her dignity for those few years. Why should the state provide any supports to anyone? The dole, the PUP? Because we’re a civilised society who supposedly looks after it’s people especially the most vulnerable in society who cannot speak for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I know we joke about Tubridy being a vampire for misery.

But Every. Fecking. Week!!!! Come on!!!

Did she not just say earlier those who shout loudest are forgotten. Now saying those who shout loudest get most. While I am sorry for them and I know a few carers they seem to me woe is me I can't have the life I want

M

Not calling the prize winner again, odd and could be perceived as crooked like a Credit Union draw for a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

The off-screen running comments, encouragement grunts, and fake forced laugh were at record levels tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Not Cark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭B2021M

The off-screen running comments, encouragement grunts, and fake forced laugh were at record levels tonight.

Seemed especially so when Gay's daughters were talking about how embarrassing he was to them as teenagers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Till tomorrow night, my leedle European chooms!

URE-O-VEESH-ON!

Nos da :)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

Did she not just say earlier those who shout loudest are forgotten. Now saying those who shout loudest get most. While I am sorry for them and I know a few carers they seem to me woe is me I can't have the life I want

They’re just asking from support from the relevant authorities for help for their children. Christ, who would swap places with a parent in their position, as if being told your young child is going to die isn’t enough you have to fight for even the most basic supports to help that child even wash in safety. Where is the compassion for people, for young kids? I can only assume you’re not a parent yourself. That could be anyone of us in their position, thank whatever god you believe in if your kids were born healthy because it could so easily not have been the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Not calling the prize winner again, odd and could be perceived as crooked like a Credit Union draw for a car.

Yes this has been very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I know we joke about Tubridy being a vampire for misery.

But Every. Fecking. Week!!!! Come on!!!

Oh I don't joke about it-I'm absolutely serious.

The man has a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Lol at my credit union the guy who won the last draw works in the credit union as a teller. I thought employees would be barred from entering those type of contests usually. The previous winners were all people with loads of money (probably lots of shares too) who didnt need a car.

On topic: painful painful show to listen to, I ahd to turn it off. Listening to mothers whinge about their children's conditions does my head in, I know that sounds awful especially in this case but I'd be lying if I said otherwise. I definitely don't want to watch a talk show about it.

When you watch a good talk show like, say, Conan O'Brien or Graham Norton they are funny and interview interesting people that are relevant and current. The Late Late does neither. Ryan is about as funny as a backfist to the balls and the guests are barely famous.

• Advertisement

Toastytoes wrote: »
    They’re just asking from support from the relevant authorities for help for their children. Christ, who would swap places with a parent in their position, as if being told your young child is going to die isn’t enough you have to fight for even the most basic supports to help that child even wash in safety. Where is the compassion for people, for young kids? I can only assume you’re not a parent yourself. That could be anyone of us in their position, thank whatever god you believe in if your kids were born healthy because it could so easily not have been the case.

The first lady yes it was who son was it. At the very end she mentioned she lost her life. But the 2nd unless Ryan asked a specific question (the only time I will praise him) it was about her, she wanted a baby she is exhausted, she has no life, she has no career. It just sounded like she was looking for that accessory of a kid to say look I am single successful and can raise a kid and now is sad she was robbed.

I said nothing of no other careers or special needs kids so I don't see how you got what you said. I may have no kids but I know a lot of people with kids a few with special needs as I am disabled myself (luckily a whole lot milder then other with what I got) and none would have spoken like the 2nd lady.

1 couple I know just lot there 30 year old son which they were carers to and would not say a bad word about the last 30 years like she did

Till tomorrow night, my leedle European chooms!

URE-O-VEESH-ON!

Nos da :)

Is Wales not entered?

M

Is Wales not entered?

They need Wexit first :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

They need Wexit first :D

BWexit

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

I don't like this 'oh I never took a sick day' I'm great BS.

It's just luck. When you're very sick you won't be able to work. It's only chance how healthy you are. Not some great act of will power.

THANK YOU! It really annoys me. Like it makes one morally superior. Getting seriously ill only has to happen once. For some it happens younger than for others. And it happened to Gay when he was elderly. It’s hardly the biggest shock for somebody in their late seventies to get an illness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement