Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airwire Issues?

Options
  • 21-05-2021 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Anyone else have their Airwire SIRO connection drop off a cliff in the last 20 mins?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭michaelheno

tazzzZ wrote: »
    Anyone else have their Airwire SIRO connection drop off a cliff in the last 20 mins?

Yes can’t connect to anything last 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

Possibly another DDOS :(

Nothing mentioned on twitter yet though

Possibly another DDOS :(

Nothing mentioned on twitter yet though

More than likely I’m on FTTH

• Registered Users Posts: 54,119 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Heard that providers are expecting big DDOS attacks at the weekend

Seem to be ok now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

Seem to be ok now

It seems all regional ISP's are getting DDOS attacked over the last week.

Having the same drop off now as the other day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Having the same drop off now as the other day...

Yeah same here.

chris_ie wrote: »
    Yeah same here.

Same here

They didn't tweet about the issue the last day... Wonder if it is more ddos attacks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Same here just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

They've been dropping a lot since early this morning. Completely gone now. Their website's down now too, though they haven't announced an outage yet (do the work Sundays?)

https://twitter.com/airwire/with_replies

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Yup, another DDoS attack. Its on their Twitter feed now.

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

Yes, we are currently being DDoS'd and this is primarily our DNS servers that are the target.

We are currently modifying our authentication profiles for our customers with new DNS servers, but those will only kick in, when the session gets restarted.

Alternatively, Google DNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) or CloudFlare DNS (1.1.1.1) can be used and most of the Internet should be accessible then.

There are certain networks, like Microsoft, that we had to block off though, as some of the attacks come out of their Cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Falconire wrote: »
    It seems all regional ISP's are getting DDOS attacked over the last week.

Not only regional providers. Over 20 irish networks have been attacked in the last 10 days. 2 or 3 every day. One big irish hosting provider is also under attack today.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

Yes, we are currently being DDoS'd and this is primarily our DNS servers that are the target.

We are currently modifying our authentication profiles for our customers with new DNS servers, but those will only kick in, when the session gets restarted.

Alternatively, Google DNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) or CloudFlare DNS (1.1.1.1) can be used and most of the Internet should be accessible then.

There are certain networks, like Microsoft, that we had to block off though, as some of the attacks come out of their Cloud.
    I've used CloudFlare for DNS since I switched to Airwire almost 2 years ago. 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

What should I change my DNS to? I currently have no service?

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

Service is up, if you use those. Even our DNS servers should work now.

There are though a lot of international destinations, that you can't reach because of these DDoS attacks.

They are also not limited to our network. At least 2 networks in Ireland are being attacked today and I've also heard from a few elsewhere in Europe.

You should be able to get to places like Google, Facebook, etc. Basically everything that is on INEX apart from Microsoft, which we had to block off, because the attacks also come out of their cloud service.

Still down for me

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

Dcully wrote: »
    Still down for me

There is some very limited service. I can connect to some apps and websites but it's not usable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Mostly down here (Laois), although some sites loading very slowly.

• Advertisement

Darwin wrote: »
    Mostly down here (Laois), although some sites loading very slowly.

Monasterevin here so close enough.

Still nothing here in d24. I've tried all dns's recommended but still nothing atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Any update when this is fully fixed my broadband like mobile some websites won't work. Netflix and amazon prime won't work these DDos attack are happen to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

This seems to be on the increase. I presume there’s no defence except to react when it happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Unfortunately seems to be on the increase everywhere. No real options except proxying off to Cloudfare who can handle the load better.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

alan4cult wrote: »
    Unfortunately seems to be on the increase everywhere. No real options except proxying off to Cloudfare who can handle the load better.

there are plenty of options but they come at a price

java wrote: »
    If these DDos attacks keep on happening there gona lose customers.There doing there best but having a half functioning internet is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

java wrote: »
    Agreed but I really think cloud based options are the only viable option as they can scale to handle the load.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

alan4cult wrote: »
    Agreed but I really think cloud based options are the only viable option as they can scale to handle the load.

As opposed to physical servers? Can you elaborate on that please, as I’m no expert.

I like the Airwire setup, but is there an ISP who wouldn’t be affected in this way?

• Advertisement

It clear to me Airwire can't handle DDos attack well.Im hoping this sorted tomorrow.

Advertisement