If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centered pull-out TV mount

Options
  • 21-05-2021 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi there, recent RS customer (LG CX 55, Vanya VLL5 mount, Sonos Arc) & v happy with the service so far.

I was in touch by phone today with David in RS Sales looking for recommendations for a TV mount that extends from its fully retracted position in a straight/centred line, rather than shifting slightly left or right from centre when starting to extend it. It's for the 55" CX.

Reason: it's for a media unit that only has about a 4cm gap between each side of the TV to the media unit's vertical uprights (which are 30cm in depth, so the mount would need to extend the TV beyond 30cm). If the cantilever tv mount does shift left or right upon extension before centering it could easily mean that the TV would hit off the media unit uprights, in effect trapping the TV, making the mount useless.

David was very helpful but although he suggested the below 2 Sanus mounts he wasn't able to confirm for sure if they shift left or right at the start/end of extension/retraction & therefore if they'd suit my use-case as he didn't seem to have access to the items to test during our call. 

I don't have access to a RS store to check them out myself & unfortunately ordering one without first confirming if it fits my use-case is not an option I can afford, money or timewise. 

I know it might be a non-standard ask but would it be possible for one of RS's staff to test your cantilever/pull-out TV  mounts & identify which, if any, is the cheapest which would suit my use-case please? It would be a big help & I'd then happily/confidently purchase it from RS. 

Suggestions from David in RS Sales;
    Sanus VLF728
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204142-sanus-vlf728-black-42-90-inch-cantilever-tv-bracket.aspx?swapstore=1
    PROS:
    1. The mount arm is centered at the rear instead of at the left or right hand side, so higher chance that it extends/retracts without shifting to the side. 
    2. I'ts apparently smoother than older Sanus models
    CONS:
    1. Very big & bulky judging by the images & videos on Sanus' website.
    2. V expensive. €269 seems overkill for my needs. I know there's a lot of much cheaper ones out there.

SANUS BLF213-B1 Cantilever 
    PROS:
    1. Cheaper, sleeker than Sanus VLF728
    2. Double-arm.
    3. Doesn't sit too far out from wall (1.8" is one of the slimmest). 
    3. Decent reviews it seems.
    CONS:
    1. Still pricey for my needs, but if it's  guaranteed to fit my use-case then i'll consider it. 

The videos on Sanus website & elsewhere don't make it clear if they shift on extension/retraction or not. 

Any help appreciated. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Paremon wrote: »
    Hi there, recent RS customer (LG CX 55, Vanya VLL5 mount, Sonos Arc) & v happy with the service so far.

I was in touch by phone today with David in RS Sales looking for recommendations for a TV mount that extends from its fully retracted position in a straight/centred line, rather than shifting slightly left or right from centre when starting to extend it. It's for the 55" CX.

Reason: it's for a media unit that only has about a 4cm gap between each side of the TV to the media unit's vertical uprights (which are 30cm in depth, so the mount would need to extend the TV beyond 30cm). If the cantilever tv mount does shift left or right upon extension before centering it could easily mean that the TV would hit off the media unit uprights, in effect trapping the TV, making the mount useless.

David was very helpful but although he suggested the below 2 Sanus mounts he wasn't able to confirm for sure if they shift left or right at the start/end of extension/retraction & therefore if they'd suit my use-case as he didn't seem to have access to the items to test during our call. 

I don't have access to a RS store to check them out myself & unfortunately ordering one without first confirming if it fits my use-case is not an option I can afford, money or timewise. 

I know it might be a non-standard ask but would it be possible for one of RS's staff to test your cantilever/pull-out TV  mounts & identify which, if any, is the cheapest which would suit my use-case please? It would be a big help & I'd then happily/confidently purchase it from RS. 

Suggestions from David in RS Sales;
    Sanus VLF728
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204142-sanus-vlf728-black-42-90-inch-cantilever-tv-bracket.aspx?swapstore=1
    PROS:
    1. The mount arm is centered at the rear instead of at the left or right hand side, so higher chance that it extends/retracts without shifting to the side. 
    2. I'ts apparently smoother than older Sanus models
    CONS:
    1. Very big & bulky judging by the images & videos on Sanus' website.
    2. V expensive. €269 seems overkill for my needs. I know there's a lot of much cheaper ones out there.

SANUS BLF213-B1 Cantilever 
    PROS:
    1. Cheaper, sleeker than Sanus VLF728
    2. Double-arm.
    3. Doesn't sit too far out from wall (1.8" is one of the slimmest). 
    3. Decent reviews it seems.
    CONS:
    1. Still pricey for my needs, but if it's  guaranteed to fit my use-case then i'll consider it. 

The videos on Sanus website & elsewhere don't make it clear if they shift on extension/retraction or not. 

Any help appreciated. 
    Hi Paremon,

I actually have a BLF213 on the wall in the demo room - if you PM me your contact number I'll take a video of it extending and Whatsapp it to you.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.