Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paint on interior door hinges

• 21-05-2021 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭

Hi,

Having some work done on the house including interior hall and doors painted.
    Guy is almost finished some touching up to do on Monday.
    After I left I noticed quite a bit of paint on the hinges, just looks sloppy.
    Asked him about it, he says he will clean it Monday.
    However, is this the right way to do things?
    Some of the paint is on the hinge pivot point so naturally some will have become ingressed in the hinge.
    Is this normal?
    Would have thought it was easier to tape up everything and then avoid having the clean the hinges after??
    Also the hinges are new so I don't want paint inside the hinge already

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

andyd12 wrote: »
    Hi,

Having some work done on the house including interior hall and doors painted.
    Guy is almost finished some touching up to do on Monday.
    After I left I noticed quite a bit of paint on the hinges, just looks sloppy.
    Asked him about it, he says he will clean it Monday.
    However, is this the right way to do things?
    Some of the paint is on the hinge pivot point so naturally some will have become ingressed in the hinge.
    Is this normal?
    Would have thought it was easier to tape up everything and then avoid having the clean the hinges after??
    Also the hinges are new so I don't want paint inside the hinge already

Some painters tape, some don't. If there the stainless hinges it's usually not a problem cleaning them afterwards.

A rub of the edge of a Stanley blade will clean them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭andyd12

Some painters tape, some don't. If there the stainless hinges it's usually not a problem cleaning them afterwards.

A rub of the edge of a Stanley blade will clean them

OK fair enough.
    But some of the places are very difficult to access. He won't be able to clean them fully with a Stanley blade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

If I get spray on hinges, I take off the door to clean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭andyd12

Guy came back on Monday and apoligised for the paint. Young guy working for him had done it which I don't mind as we all need to start somewhere.
    He agreed paint on the hinging part was unacceptable.
    Doors and hinges were removed and hinges fully cleaned

Advertisement