Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC External Wired Sabb Siren integration with Ajax Alarm System

• 21-05-2021 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I'm in the process of installing a smart alarm system in my cottage and I am swinging towards the Ajax wireless system.The only aspect of the Ajax system that I don't like is their external siren. And it's purely an aesthetic issue. It will clash badly with the style of my old cottage.

I'm a novice when it comes to home security systems but I have been looking around and the HKC Wired External Sabb is a siren that I think will clash least with the house and also is class 4. Does anyone know if I can and how I might integrate this siren easiest into an Ajax system?

As I said Ajax is a wireless system but they have a 12v relay (that communicates wirelessly) as an optional system compont. It has four terminals, two for incoming power, and two for outgoing power. I have been trying to get my hands on a wiring diagram for the HKC Sabb but so far I have failed. But I did read on a post here that it uses 6 core and the HKC technical spec for the Sabb says it can be run off a 12v input.

Ideally, in my mind at least, I would have a 12v mains and a 12v battery both running into the Ajax relay and this then running to the HKC Sabb? Any thoughts?

If this isn't possible does anyone know of a similiar looking (and spec'd) siren than would work with Ajax?

Thanks guys...
    P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

Pappillon wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm in the process of installing a smart alarm system in my cottage and I am swinging towards the Ajax wireless system.The only aspect of the Ajax system that I don't like is their external siren. And it's purely an aesthetic issue. It will clash badly with the style of my old cottage.

I'm a novice when it comes to home security systems but I have been looking around and the HKC Wired External Sabb is a siren that I think will clash least with the house and also is class 4. Does anyone know if I can and how I might integrate this siren easiest into an Ajax system?

As I said Ajax is a wireless system but they have a 12v relay (that communicates wirelessly) as an optional system compont. It has four terminals, two for incoming power, and two for outgoing power. I have been trying to get my hands on a wiring diagram for the HKC Sabb but so far I have failed. But I did read on a post here that it uses 6 core and the HKC technical spec for the Sabb says it can be run off a 12v input.

Ideally, in my mind at least, I would have a 12v mains and a 12v battery both running into the Ajax relay and this then running to the HKC Sabb? Any thoughts?

If this isn't possible does anyone know of a similiar looking (and spec'd) siren than would work with Ajax?

Thanks guys...
    P

To use the HKC bell you would need to make sure the output card could to set up for strobe and external bell, you may need 2 in your case.
    Also you would need to Tamper the bell back to an input card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pappillon

altor wrote: »
    To use the HKC bell you would need to make sure the output card could to set up for strobe and external bell, you may need 2 in your case.
    Also you would need to Tamper the bell back to an input card.

Thanks for the help Altor.

There were too many unnecessary uncertainties/complications so in the finish I've decided to go with the Ajax siren. I'll put a dummy HKC box (lights and all) on the entrance gable and hide the Ajax external siren away a little..

Thanks again..
    P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

Pappillon wrote: »
    Thanks for the help Altor.

There were too many unnecessary uncertainties/complications so in the finish I've decided to go with the Ajax siren. I'll put a dummy HKC box (lights and all) on the entrance gable and hide the Ajax external siren away a little..

Thanks again..
    P

No problem, always happy to help.

Probably the better solution.

Advertisement