Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping a Global Payments deduction from debit card

• 21-05-2021 8:04pm

Quick question - how can I cancel a deduction being taken from a debit card, weekly? The card processor is Global Payments.

My daughter has recently paid of her credit union loan (in full). The repayments were taken from from her debit card weekly. This was set up directly on the credit union's website.

However, even though the loan is fully paid off, and she has deleted her card from the credit union website, Global Payments are still trying to deduct the repayment weekly, and sending her "card declined" messages each time. This has gone on for several weeks now.

The Credit union say they can't help as its not within their power to stop the card payments and its nothing to do with them?!?!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Go back to the Credit Union and ask to speak with a supervisor - they will have the ability to contact Global Payments and stop this recurring payment from happening, as the loan is paid off - it's up to them to tell GP to stop the deductions

I have done that.

I spoke to the manager himself and he said it was nothing to do with them. :/

Has anyone else had any experience of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,021 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I have done that.

I spoke to the manager himself and he said it was nothing to do with them. :/

Unless you daughter authorised you, then the manager had no authority to speak to you about your daughter's affairs. Are you sure that's not what he was telling uou?

Suggest your daughter goes to see them herself.

I spoke to him with my daughter's authorisation, thank you for your input

Have you any advice to offer on dealing with the actual issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Global payments are just a payment gateway. I'm guessing it's the Cu that set it up.

They need to go into the global payments portal and cancel it.

It should take about 30 seconds once the right person with the access is told

Advertisement