Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windmill Clonsilla Estate

Options
  • 21-05-2021 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,i am a resident in windmill park lately i have noticed alot of activity taking place on the site that has been abandoned for years does anyone know what is happening my friend living in stationcourt has not recieved any information on what is going on?Has anyone else in windmill or sorrounding estates heard anything?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

http://www.windmillshd.ie/

There has been a longstanding plan to "continue" the Windmill development into that space, with a revised planning application being submitted in 2019 and approved in 2020, as outlined in the above link. From passing it on the bridge it looks like they're now moving on this properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chrisam

The developers also have a submission in the latest draft Fingal Dev Plan, with a view to a 3rd phase, essentially building on the east of the site. From what I can tell, it's where the construction office/cars are based now, for this 2nd phase construction works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ewa wosejai

Yes they must be moving on with the construction but there are no planning permission displayed and the website was last updated in 2019 so i was confused if the apartments and park are still coming or is it something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Latest planning application for what the website is outlining was put in in late 2019, granted, and then COVID hit, so no appreciable movement on it for much of 2020 and early 2021 between the spells were no construction was permitted, and presumably builders playing catchup on projects already underway, rather than breaking ground on a new development. Permission applied for in 2019 will still be very much valid in 2021 though, and given the time-stood-still nature of 2020/21, there'd be little reason for the website to have been updated in the interim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Urbeo pays €73m for 211 Dublin rental apartments (irishtimes.com)

So this development will be completely rented out. Not great for the local area really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Yeah...I'm not a big fan of 100% rent. Don't get me wrong, I was a renter 10+ years myself but I think a better community is one with a mix of residents, those who will settle for generations and transient. Having one that is 100 transient is not ideal on my opinion.

Advertisement