Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation account compromised.

Options
  • 21-05-2021 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi feel free to move this thread if it's in wrong section but I have a problem. I cant access my account as I think my sign in email has been changed by someone. I've tried ringing playstation support but they are closed. Are they open tomorrow? I'm panicking as that account has my card details saved and I've no idea if whoever accessed my ps account can just use my card or not. Do I have to wait until morning to try recover my account?

Comments

Hi feel free to move this thread if it's in wrong section but I have a problem. I cant access my account as I think my sign in email has been changed by someone. I've tried ringing playstation support but they are closed. Are they open tomorrow? I'm panicking as that account has my card details saved and I've no idea if whoever accessed my ps account can just use my card or not. Do I have to wait until morning to try recover my account?

Happened to a buddy and his card was charged for games purchased. It might be worth ringing your bank if you can't get hold of Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

Happened to a buddy and his card was charged for games purchased. It might be worth ringing your bank if you can't get hold of Sony.

I just went on the AIB app and froze my card. If I need to use it I'll just unfreeze it for few minutes and freeze it again until I can contact Sony. I hope their support number is open tomorrow. That account is over 10 years old and has over 1250 trophies. Might not be a big deal to some but holds alot of history for me. I need it back.

I just went on the AIB app and froze my card. If I need to use it I'll just unfreeze it for few minutes and freeze it again until I can contact Sony. I hope their support number is open tomorrow. That account is over 10 years old and has over 1250 trophies. Might not be a big deal to some but holds alot of history for me. I need it back.

My understanding is that you'll get it back. I think they might have a policy that if they refund you in the instance of fraud they might delete your account. So you might want to Google into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just be sure when you get it back that you turn on 2FA

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Vyse Remastered

Happened to me not so long ago. Happened to be checking my mails and saw that my username had been changed. Didn't really think much of it until I logged in. Sure enough, profile picture and name had been updated.

I was lucky though in the sense that they hadn't changed my password so I got in and changed it straight away. Set up 2 step verification.

Mine also happened at a weekend. I reckon they do this as they know playstation support is offline for this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just be sure when you get it back that you turn on 2FA

I wonder what % of Playstation users have it setup. Always hear about compromised accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

lertsnim wrote: »
    I wonder what % of Playstation users have it setup. Always hear about compromised accounts.
    You would think Sony would make it the default security setting at this stage?

Advertisement