Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

As someone waiting patiently to register that is a bit disheartening.

Yeah I'm waiting myself it will open soon enough, happy for my siblings though too as they are dealing with family members with cancer and that, I'm sure there is a lot taking the piss in my GP but it's hard to stop that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Swedish numbers have been updated. They now contain a breakdown for Q3.

For us it would mean

Pfizer 180k per week.
    Moderna 44k per week in July and August. Moderna to to deliver 1m doses in September. This would probably come from the US supply chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lyle

eoinbn wrote: »
    Swedish numbers have been updated. They now contain a breakdown for Q3.

For us it would mean

Pfizer 180k per week.
    Moderna 44k per week in July and August. Moderna to to deliver 1m doses in September. This would probably come from the US supply chain.

That makes sense so for Reid's estimate of 200k - 220k per week. Going by that we're basically going to be plateaued at that that rate per week rate until September so, with a possible rise in September from a dump of Moderna that'll hopefully help to speed up the final round of first doses in the youngest cohorts between 18 and 25. Bit of road still left to travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Polar101

So is Janssen pretty much "out" now, except for whatever the pharmacies are going to do with it? It doesn't seem to be included in any numbers any more.

Polar101 wrote: »
    So is Janssen pretty much "out" now, except for whatever the pharmacies are going to do with it? It doesn't seem to be included in any numbers any more.

Yep, in terms of progressing through the remaining younger age cohorts, J&J is a bust because of the NIAC age restrictions. It'll be funnelled into pharmacies for the foreseeable in the hope that those 50+ who haven't registered or reported to an MVC will take it there and eventually we'll probably have leftovers that'll be sent back for COVAX donation. It really couldn't have ended up further away from "silver bullet" hype it had a few months ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

I think we are getting a bit negative about July/August in terms of the vaccine rollout.

by end of July, I reckon we will have received:

4.14 million Pfizer doses
    0.63 million Moderna doses

(this is based on Belgium/Sweden data, both are pretty consistent)

= enough to vaccinate 2.4 million people with 2 doses

in addition, we will have c550,000 people with 2 doses of AZ and maybe 200,000 with J&J (there should be enough over 50s to get to that sort of level).

that's enough to fully vaccinate 3.15 million people by end July = 85% of the 3.7 million over 18s. There's no reason why everyone won't have one dose by mid August.

when Paul Reid says vaccine deliveries will slow in July, that's true but we will get a large Pfizer delivery at end of June and we should still have a bit of a surplus in stock. We should still be vaccinating 300,000 plus people per week for much of July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Lyle wrote: »
    Yep, in terms of progressing through the remaining younger age cohorts, J&J is a bust because of the NIAC age restrictions. It'll be funnelled into pharmacies for the foreseeable in the hope that those 50+ who haven't registered or reported to an MVC will take it there and eventually we'll probably have leftovers that'll be sent back for COVAX donation. It really couldn't have ended up further away from "silver bullet" hype it had a few months ago!
    J&J have their own production issues as well so it's not necessarily a bad thing it's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Updated Eu table including the HSE numbers from yesterday:

Country per capita Date Reported
    Malta 138 June 16th
    Cyprus 83 June 16th
    Belgium 78 June 16th
    Germany 77.3 June 17th
    Lithuania 75.5 June 17th
    Netherlands 75.5 June 17th
    Spain 74.5 June 16th
    Austria 74 June 17th
    Italy 73.5 June 17th
    Luxembourg 73.5 June 17th
    Portugal 71 June 17th
    Denmark 70.5 June 16th
    Greece 69.5 June 17th
    France 68.5 June 16th
    Ireland 68.5 June 17th
    Poland 68.5 June 17th
    Finland 67 June 17th
    Slovenia 66 June 17th
    Estonia 66 June 17th
    Sweden 66 June 17th
    Czech Rep 65.5 June 17th
    Slovakia 58 June 17th
    Latvia 55 June 17th
    Croatia 54 June 16th
    Romania 45 June 16th
    Bulgaria 23.5 June 17th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I know they're still recovering from the hack, but in the future we need to know if any of these mortalities announced yesterday were half or even fully vaccinated

Hopefully not and I doubt it tbh

But it would still be reassuring to know once they're fully up and running again

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1405552401449357316

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

35-39 registration is open now.

As I suspected from the last time, they're obviously paying a Salesforce contractor to update the age cohorts, so rather than pay premium rates to get it done on a weekend, they just ask him to open it up before he finishes on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

seamus wrote: »

As I suspected from the last time, they're obviously paying a Salesforce contractor to update the age cohorts, so rather than pay premium rates to get it done on a weekend, they just ask him to open it up before he finishes on Friday.

Just seen that myself last thing on Friday before heading home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Can’t see this at all? Still says 40-69 on HSE website?

Just click past the questions into the registration screen.

https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/SelfRegister

Just click past the questions into the registration screen.

https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/SelfRegister

What questions? you mean setting up an account? It would have been open anyway for 40-69. Does it mention 35-39 when you go past account registration? Don’t really want to do it now as I’m 36 so should prob be a good girl and wait :-D

It was open but blocked you if your birth year was later than 1981.

Go ahead and register, it won't skip you up the queue.

The whole opening day-by-day thing is a bit of theatre.

It was open but blocked you if your birth year was later than 1981.

Go ahead and register, it won't skip you up the queue.

The whole opening day-by-day thing is a bit of theatre.

I registered! Yay, hope I hear in next week or so :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

leahyl wrote: »
    I registered! Yay, hope I hear in next week or so :-)

Might need to temper your expectations.

Highly unlikely you'll hear anything for the next 3 weeks or so

Might need to temper your expectations.

Highly unlikely you'll hear anything for the next 3 weeks or so

Well, we’ll have to see

Well, we’ll have to see

Well your 36, other age groups ahead of you and the HSE said themselves yesterday 3-4 weeks.

Standard wait time as it is now is 3 weeks anyway

Just the fact that you were hopeful of hearing in the next week or so, don't be.

Just being realisic

Well your 36, other age groups ahead of you and the HSE said themselves yesterday 3-4 weeks.

Standard wait time as it is now is 3 weeks anyway

Just the fact that you were hopeful of hearing in the next week or so, don't be.

I am being hopeful is all; I’m not saying I expect to hear in the next week.

• Advertisement

I am being hopeful is all; I’m not saying I expect to hear in the next week.

Yes but I'm saying there's hopeful and realistic.

Being realistic says you'll be waiting a few weeks. They won't get to calling 36 year olds in a week its not realistic

Being realistic says you'll be waiting a few weeks. They won't get to calling 36 year olds in a week

Ok sure that’s grand ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,389 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Registered there. Cheers for the heads up lads!

36 year olds aren't even supposed to register until the middle of next week so yeah, I'd say you'll be looking at around July 14 - 21st really!

Being realistic says you'll be waiting a few weeks. They won't get to calling 36 year olds in a week its not realistic
    It's the most exciting thing most of us have had to look forward to in 15 months, don't suck the fun out of it :p

It's the most exciting thing most of us have had to look forward to in 15 months, don't suck the fun out of it :p

Exactly, Christ, what is wrong with people! It’s great just to be registered. A friend of mine is 42, registered 2 days before she was “supposed to” (a Wednesday), got a text on the Friday with appt for the following Tuesday - I’m not expecting this myself like but it just goes to show that it can happen very quickly. I do know there are more of us in 35-39 though

Haha I can't wait for my own but better to be realistic than get my hopes up unrealistically and then feel let down Seamus.

Don't get me wrong it's good to see people excited about it, just need to be realistic as to when they'll actually get the text and not be thinking unrealistically in terms of timelines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Exactly, Christ, what is wrong with people! It’s great just to be registered. A friend of mine is 42, registered 2 days before she was “supposed to” (a Wednesday), got a text on the Friday with appt for the following Tuesday - I’m not expecting this myself like but it just goes to show that it can happen very quickly. I do know there are more of us in 35-39 though
    Be sure to pick a probable date too - like with July in it!

is_that_so wrote: »
    Be sure to pick a probable date too - like with July in it!

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Hudur

No text to 41yos in Dublin yet? Just wondering if they forget me :)

Advertisement