Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hudur

"Awaiting appointment 1
    Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive a text message with details on which vaccine you will get and where you will be vaccinated. You should get this message within 3 weeks of registering."

It actually says now that it can take 3 weeks. 2.5 weeks waiting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I'm a bit stumped here and thought someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

Is someone with an over active or under active thyroid classed as part of cohort 7.

I can't see anything to say they are but maybe I've not looked hard enough

Does anyone know when 30-34 can register?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,269 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Avgeek2101 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when 30-34 can register?

It hasnt been announced yet but previous cadence has been 2 week gaps, last one was 3 weeks and 30-39 is a big group so it seems to getting longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭JPup

My guess right now is sometime on the week starting the 12th of July.

Could be the week before hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I'm a bit stumped here and thought someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

Is someone with an over active or under active thyroid classed as part of cohort 7.

Not sure a person with an over or under active thyroid would be considered 'at risk' for Covid-19? It really just regulates their metabolism, not their immune system, and it's hard to imagine it would leave them at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Seems to be some delays in Limerick, my wife had her first vaccine 4 weeks ago today and has not heard anything back yet for the second appointment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I had a look and no mention of over or under active thyroid
    It does mention disorders of metabolism but seems to be more inherited metabolic disorders

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kleiner feigling

Discussed this briefly on another thread, but interested to find out more, if anyone can comment/conribute?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2021-01-08/covid-19-vaccine-injection-upper-arm-muscle-deltoid-immune/13031918

Link above discusses how vaccines (old and new) cause antigens (eg. viral proteins) to be transported into the lymph, where the immune response is recorded to fight future infection.
    For the new technologies, the Lipid Nanoparticle is also transported to a number of organs. These nanoparticles contain the mRNA (the instructions to produce spike protein).
    That means cells in multiple organs will contain the instructions to produce spike proteins.
    Standard vaccines teach us to produce antibodies in response to a controlled amount of antigens, introduced in the arm-muscle usually.
    They do not teach organs of the body to produce said antigens.

It is quite concerning that cells in the spleen, kidneys, ovaries etc. will contain instructions for producing spike protein, which is a known antigen. Antigens by their nature illicit an immune response.
    We don't need an immune response in other organs. Is this likely to cause an unnecessary autoimmune response in those areas?

The data on where these lipid nanoparticles end up is extremely limited, because the assumption with vaccines is that the controlled quantity of antigen doesn't travel to any organs - so testing in this area is usually not required for regulatory submissions.
    The link below is from the Japanese regulatory submission for Pfizer (Japan requires this data, but EU, US etc. don't).
    Animal model showed lipid nanoparticles (containing mRNA instructions for production of spike protein) accumulating in kidneys, spleen, ovaries, adrenals etc. (pg. 5-6)

https://www.docdroid.net/xq0Z8B0/pfizer-report-japanese-government-pdf#page=23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Limerick91 wrote: »
    Seems to be some delays in Limerick, my wife had her first vaccine 4 weeks ago today and has not heard anything back yet for the second appointment

same situation in Cork, up to 5 weeks now for some people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Highest vaccine hesitancy among 25 to 34-year-olds, 7pc are unsure and 13pc will choose not to be vaccinated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Had my 2nd Pfizer vac last week. No major effects
    My arm fell off but it grew back again so it was OK.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

No .
    Normal hormone treatment not included .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Thanks all for the replies, confirming what I indeed thought myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭MizMix

Are there many in their 40's still waiting? I'm 41 (an old 41! with Jan dob) and nothing yet- called today and they won't escalate until 23rd. I'm in Louth and know a few 40 year olds nearby who got vaccinated (although they were sent to other centres). fairways must be well behind still? I know it's not 3 weeks but I'm getting tetchy esp with under 40's getting apps today

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sharon_B

Had my first Moderna five weeks ago tomorrow and havent had any word yet about getting the second jab, anyone else in the same boat? A mate who got his first jab same day as me had his second last Monday, exactly 4 weeks after his first.

My partner had his 1st the day after mine 4 weeks ago. I got my text for my second last week and had it on Sunday but he never received a text (his would have been due today). So when I was at the MVC yesterday I asked the registrar lady and she made a hand written note and said to tell him to come on at 11 today. He went in for 11 today and they couldn’t find the note but as he was on the system for having received 1st dose and die 2nd they vaccinated him.

So I’d say go up to the MVC as they’ll most likely do it for you regardless of appointment made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

civdef wrote: »
    At the MVC I’m at, at the entrance MVC you will be asked:

Have you an appointment?
    Have you Photo ID?
    Have you had COVID in the last 4 weeks?
    Have you been a close contact in the last 2 weeks?
    Have you had a COVID test recently?
    Have you been out of the country in the past month?
    Have you any allergy issues?

These are asked by a vaccinator who is tasked with this job and is known as a “wellness checker”.

I got my own vaccination at a different MVC earlier this year and was asked similar questions- the questions are modified fairly regularly- main intent is to keep someone who might be Covid +ve out of the queue for reception.

Thanks for that. This is the question I mentioned being asked. A bit odd the comment got deleted. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Just got my second dose, in and out of the GPs in 20 minutes.
    Roll on normality :D

Any time I see your posts I'm reminded of the early covid threads where you were one of the regular posters

In a weird way, the fact that you are now fully vaccinated reminds me how much progress has been made!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

The Irish Times has quoted McCallion as saying that 30-39s who are registered won't receive appointment dates until midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I have an overactive thyroid. I would be astonished if it qualified me for cohort 7.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Dr. Em

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Highest vaccine hesitancy among 25 to 34-year-olds, 7pc are unsure and 13pc will choose not to be vaccinated.

Media are guessing in advance of their data. Reports from the UK show that 80% of those who were vaccine hesitant in December ended up getting a vaccine when they were called up. This is why it is important to reach out and follow up on anyone who does not sign up to the online portal. This is one of the reasons why coverage has been so comprehensive here in older age groups and is also one of the reasons why the US rollout has stalled (they didn't follow up on older age groups who did not, for various reasons, sign up to the online registration).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

harmless wrote: »
    That's what I hope to find out. I just replied with "new".
    I wanted to see if it had happened to anyone else?
    I'll report back when I know more.

Give the HSE live a call. Check your Eircode address is correct with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭MizMix

CZ 453 wrote: »
    The Irish Times has quoted McCallion as saying that 30-39s who are registered won't receive appointment dates until midweek.

My younger brother lives a few miles from me got his app text today after just registering yesterday...meanwhile I'm still waiting (4 years older). Raging to say the least- they won't escalate it till wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,214 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Not me, but a friend:

39 - Registered yesterday.
    1st Dose this Friday, Gorey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Not me, but a friend:

39 - Registered yesterday.
    1st Dose this Friday, Gorey.

Some quick turnaround in fairness.

Me. 40. South Dublin. Registered two weeks ago.

Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Seems they expect all adults to be vaccinated a lot quicker than what was said in the last couple of days.

The Health Service Executive's national lead on the vaccine roll-out programme Damien McCallion has said based on supply, he expects that people in their 20s to be fully vaccinated by the end of September.

He said those in their 20s will receive their first dose in August and their second dose in September.

He said close to 66% of the population are partially vaccinated, while around 35% are fully vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Luluk

I'm 40, registered on June 6th, Dublin 15. Still waiting on appointment for first jab. Expecting it this week according to their SLA. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

40. Mid west.
    Registered June 2nd.
    Text this afternoon.
    Appointment on Thursday. Pfizer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,125 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    The Health Service Executive's national lead on the vaccine roll-out programme Damien McCallion has said based on supply, he expects that people in their 20s to be fully vaccinated by the end of September.

He said those in their 20s will receive their first dose in August and their second dose in September.

He said close to 66% of the population are partially vaccinated, while around 35% are fully vaccinated.
    FYI those percentages are for the adult population, not the whole population.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0621/1229401-covid-vaccines-ireland/

Advertisement