Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Lumen wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether you are moaning on your own behalf or on behalf of the old people, so let me invent a hypothetical old person, Gramps, for me to direct my scorn.

Look Gramps, we largely shut down the country to keep you alive. Young people lost their jobs, put on hold their social lives, their sex lives. Businesses have been ruined. Self-employed people have ploughed their entire life savings into keeping their heads above water. You were prioritised for the earliest available vaccines, after the very frail and the healthcare workers (whose vaccination ensures that should you need medical care you won't get infected by them).

If your fear of variants and imperfect vaccine protection bothers you, hide under the duvet for a few weeks longer until your second dose kicks in. In the meantime, a bit of graciousness would be appreciated.

GRAMPS , ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭ucdperson

Vaccination centre opening in UCD next Monday. This might ease things at the Aviva.
    https://www.ucd.ie/newsandopinion/news/2021/may/24/oreillyhalltoactasdublinsfifthcovid-19vaccinationcentre/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

Any updates on vaccinations during pregnancy, mrs is hesitant and tbh the handouts the hospital gave her would put you right off, asked staff and they didn't really know much about it (seriously???).

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭celt262

bladespin wrote: »
    Any updates on vaccinations during pregnancy, mrs is hesitant and tbh the handouts the hospital gave her would put you right off, asked staff and they didn't really know much about it (seriously???).

Mine is the same boat there isn't a pile of information to go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

celt262 wrote: »
    Mine is the same boat there isn't a pile of information to go on.

Honestly stunned at how bad the info pack actually is, mrs was given what looks like a bad photocopy handout like we used to get at school.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭celt262

bladespin wrote: »
    Honestly stunned at how bad the info pack actually is, mrs was given what looks like a bad photocopy handout like we used to get at school.

Don't know if mine even got that was just told she had to decide for herself and they wouldn't advise either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Has anyone rang there GP to ask if they have spare vaccines to get one quicker? I’m looking to get away in august and want to be vaccinated to avoid quarantine. I’m 27 a few people I know have done this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Has anyone rang there GP to ask if they have spare vaccines to get one quicker? I’m looking to get away in august and want to be vaccinated to avoid quarantine. I’m 27 a few people I know have done this

If you know a few people that have done it would it not be best to ask them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,029 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I know two 60 year olds who did that today, as there are problems locally with their age group, and both were told the GPs were either finished and doing no more or not doing 'healthy' people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

If be wary of people’s stories on this sort of thing, they may be fibbing so as to not be telling people that they are group 4. All you can do is ring your doctor but I’d say the chances are they’ll have plenty of candidates ahead of you.

pawdee wrote: »
    Any idea how long after registering before appointment texts come through?

Depends on area and mvc assigned
    None are the same
    City west is fast,48hrs last I heard
    Greystones 10 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

How much Pfizer is being administered versus Moderna?

As in, what's the supply of both and the ratio difference? It's hard to see now that we don't have Vaccination breakdowns due to the hack

Maybe a 5:1 ratio? (the 5 being Pfizer obviously)

Maybe even more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    How much Pfizer is being administered versus Moderna?

As in, what's the supply of both and the ratio difference? It's hard to see now that we don't have Vaccination breakdowns due to the hack

Maybe a 5:1 ratio? (the 5 being Pfizer obviously)

Maybe even more?
    Last time we had proper days there were 1,278,103 pfizer administered and 90,956 moderna administered.

So about 14 times more pfizer than Moderna.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

Depends on area and mvc assigned
    None are the same
    City west is fast,48hrs last I heard
    Greystones 10 days

its a bit of a lottery, Aviva - 12 days for me 2 for my wife

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Last time we had proper days there were 1,278,103 pfizer administered and 90,956 moderna administered.

So about 14 times more pfizer than Moderna.

Cheers

Was there a ramp up in Moderna expected this month?

Ya'd miss the daily data all the same

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Any ideas when the portal will open for 40-44?
    Hoping the portal will open sometime this week so i can register. Will take any of the vaccines now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

If its late August or early September you might be double jabbed without trying to skip the Q. They are motoring through them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Hoping the portal will open sometime this week so i can register. Will take any of the vaccines now

Shouldn’t be too long. I would expect it to open sometime this week or at the latest on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭eoinbn

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Cheers

Was there a ramp up in Moderna expected this month?

Ya'd miss the daily data all the same

Current supply is 182k Vs 32.5k. In June it will be 280k Vs 36k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Anyone know when 27 year olds are expected to get their first dose? Roughly speaking?

Anyone know when 27 year olds are expected to get their first dose? Roughly speaking?

Could be looking at the end of June

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Missus got J&J yesterday..not feeling great at all today..in bed since lunchtime...anyother J&J experiences?

• Site Banned Posts: 58 ✭✭mikeorange

Zipppy wrote: »
    Missus got J&J yesterday..not feeling great at all today..in bed since lunchtime...anyother J&J experiences?

Supposedly if you had covid already J&J can hit you hard like getting covid again for a day or two, anecdotal observations from doctors in USA.

There is a good vaccinated thread on reddit with a load of J&J experiences, won't be much experience here with J&J

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

eoinbn wrote: »
    Current supply is 182k Vs 32.5k. In June it will be 280k Vs 36k.

That will be a nice ramping up of Pfizer. How much AZ and JJ will there be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Could be looking at the end of June

If they stick to the age cohorts it will be the end of July, not June
    That will be a nice ramping up of Pfizer. How much AZ and JJ will there be?

We are due a big delivery of AZ this week - 160k doses. June is unknown.
    J&J might continue to trickle in but it is pretty much irrelevant due to restrictions.

mikeorange wrote: »
    There is a good vaccinated thread on Reddit with a load of J&J experiences, won't be much experience here with J&J

If memory serves there's two main Covid sub Reddits

Which do you find the best for information on vaccines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Raphael Picard

Zipppy wrote: »

I got the Janssen (J&J) this morning. Feeling fine so far. Arm is a bit sore around the injection area but no other side effects so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Am I right in calculating ~14 days until a 33 year old can register for a vaccine?

Love having a tangible target to count down to :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Am I right in calculating ~14 days until a 33 year old can register for a vaccine?

Love having a tangible target to count down to :D

Hopefully I’m 32, love to know when we can register but we’ll have to be patient I suppose!

Advertisement