Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

Does anyone know what Ennis are doing now? Hopefully there soon for mine

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

OwlsZat wrote: »
    1.2M fully vaccinated = 2 x 1.2M = 2.4M
    1.2 first doses = 1.2M

Total vaccines administered = 3.6M

Nope.

The tweet says

1.2 million people fully vaccinated
    1.2 million who registered have now received at least one dose

At least one dose includes people with two doses.

Can nobody read or write English any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Lumen wrote: »
    I have little faith in this data until someone in the HSE makes a statement about vaccine stocks.

I don't watch any briefings but are none of the journos asking about this?

None of the "journalists" have asked about this. It's absolutely baffling that we haven't been given proper data on vaccine deliveries. IT systems are irrelevant for this - it's 4 deliveries a week, you could write them down and tot them up on a piece of paper.

The only reason we are not being told the number of vaccines delivered is that going as fast as we should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

VonLuck wrote: »
    GP. It's a bit confusing having conflicting information.

I got it from Pfizer themselves and it was 19 days between the two doses. So I wouldn't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

Nope.

The tweet says

It says 61% of adults had received one dose as of a week or so ago. Maybe up to 65% by now.

• Advertisement

Saw large queue's at Greystones this morning, they were outside Shoreline and queuing down towards the roundabout

JPup wrote: »
    It says 61% of adults had received one dose as of a week or so ago. Maybe up to 65% by now.

That percentage includes the people who got a 2nd dose

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

Nope.

The tweet says

So you think the correct interpretation is that everybody who registered has been fully vaccinated since both numbers are equal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Apogee

The f**king stream is down just as they get onto vaccine numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Apogee wrote: »
    The f**king stream is down just as they get onto vaccine numbers.

Just muttering the same thing to myself. :mad:

Pharmacists also asking for permission to administer J&J to under 50s
    https://twitter.com/PriscillaLynch/status/1408051438522093571

Headline figures:
    https://twitter.com/PriscillaLynch/status/1408053386742665222

GP interface up and running. Vaccine data dashboard will be public next week as they work on it over w/e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

GP interface up and running. Vaccine data dashboard will be public next week as they work on it over w/e.

Thank christ! Self confessed nerd and I need data!! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Wonder if they are seeing people not getting the second dose of AZ, so are being forced to look at it. I can’t see them lowering of age of AZ as the UK is over 40 only and I can’t see us doing anything differently. Maybe they lessen J&J age group as more data is available on it (personally I think this should be made available to males of all ages and females over 30.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

191,000 people aged 35-39 have registered for vaccination. The HSE is not saying yet when registration will open for those 30-34 years, as it wants to see uptake in the other group first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

I see in the link above they asked about mixing vaccines. Which is good as I mentioned my aunt isn't allowed her second AstraZeneca vaccine and she's in her late 60s so hopefully she will get Pfizer or Moderna soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Just seen notification of Pfizer for selected pharmacies next week. In around 300 pharmacies recieving ot primarily in rural locations more than 5k from a vaccination centre.

No guidance yet issued on patient eligibility but planned for a potential 30-45k doses a week from 1st week of July

700 other pharmacies who recieved J&J won't be receiving Pfizer due to proximity to vaccination centres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭techdiver

Does anyone know who the HSE contracted to develop the vaccine system? It just seems so hap hazard. Far too many anomalies of younger people getting called before older people in the same centre despite registrations taking place at the appropriate time. Seems to be there is no intelligent filtering of people by DOB at all. Like how difficult would that have been to implement?

This all on top of the fact that the system can't validate a DOB properly when people register.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    191,000 people aged 35-39 have registered for vaccination. The HSE is not saying yet when registration will open for those 30-34 years, as it wants to see uptake in the other group first.

My GP said it would open next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

techdiver wrote: »
    Does anyone know who the HSE contracted to develop the vaccine system? It just seems so hap hazard. Far too many anomalies of younger people getting called before older people in the same centre despite registrations taking place at the appropriate time. Seems to be there is no intelligent filtering of people by DOB at all. Like how difficult would that have been to implement?

This all on top of the fact that the system can't validate a DOB properly when people register.

Also no online booking . My son is in Canada and they register and can book a slot online . Very handy as they have a young baby so needed to space their slot a few days apart in case they had symptoms . As far as I know the booked when asked to according to age groups
    I don’t understand why that couldn’t have been possible here . So many have work or family commitments etc

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭eoinbn

techdiver wrote: »

The HSE is the problem, as usual. The requirements for this application are trivial so I can't see it been an implementation issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

OwlsZat wrote: »
    My GP said it would open next week.

They won't open it until all 40+ have been sorted with at least one dose I'd say. Hopefully that means the end of next week on both counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Puts us at 76.5 per 100. Updated EU table below:

Country per capita
    Malta 144
    Cyprus 86
    Belgium 85
    Germany 83
    Spain 80.5
    Netherlands 80
    Lithuania 79
    Austria 79
    Italy 79
    Luxembourg 78.5
    Ireland 76.5
    Portugal 76
    Greece 74
    Finland 72.5
    France 72.5
    Poland 72.5
    Denmark 70.5
    Sweden 70.5
    Czech Rep 70.5
    Estonia 69
    Slovenia 68
    Slovakia 62.5
    Croatia 58
    Latvia 58
    Romania 45.5
    Bulgaria 24.5

snotboogie wrote: »
    Puts us at 76.5 per 100. Updated EU table below:

Country per capita
    Malta 144
    Cyprus 86
    Belgium 85
    Germany 83
    Spain 80.5
    Netherlands 80
    Lithuania 79
    Austria 79
    Italy 79
    Luxembourg 78.5
    Ireland 76.5
    Portugal 76
    Greece 74
    Finland 72.5
    France 72.5
    Poland 72.5
    Denmark 70.5
    Sweden 70.5
    Czech Rep 70.5
    Estonia 69
    Slovenia 68
    Slovakia 62.5
    Croatia 58
    Latvia 58
    Romania 45.5
    Bulgaria 24.5

Can I ask what you are using for your total population estimates?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

I wonder should we be doing antibody tests on people receiving their 1st vaccination- if it comes back positive for previous infection they should then be deemed fully vaccinated (1 jab + previous infection) Booster could then be considered at a later date? Would speed things up.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Tyrone212 wrote: »

That seems lower than the HSEs estimate for this group last week.

From experience a lot of 30s have already been dosed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

TheDoctor wrote: »
    That seems lower than the HSEs estimate for this group last week.

From experience a lot of 30s have already been dosed.

Yes some HCW’s , Cohort 4 and 7 and some done by Gps

Advertisement