Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

No major symptoms after Pfizer jab for me, arm is quite sore and I’m a bit tired but nothing else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Johnson and Johnson on Saturday evening, absolutely shattered on Sunday with very sore Head, Monday still a bit feverish but hopefully that's it. Only describe it as a very bad hangover. Wife got vaccinated same day and no affects at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

On the plus side, at least you know your immune system is doing something when the vaccines cause it a reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I’m seeing an amazing number of online comments using data last updated on 11 May (due to HSE hack) claiming Ireland is way, way behind on vaccines.

The lack of data on vaccines & on the COVID figures is getting a bit worrying at this stage. It’s going on far too long.

I wonder will they similarly comment on the miraculous catch up when the numbers are reporting again. It is a shame as I'd love to se the 300k we've been doing per week reflected.

Hope its back in the next few days. Obviously, priorities should be getting health services back working 100%, as long as vaccinations are still happening, the stats are just "nice to have".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

On the plus side, at least you know your immune system is doing something when the vaccines cause it a reaction.

A good session of beer must be the same then because it was just like a mega hangover.
    On a serious side bad day Sunday but still glad to have it done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

mikeorange wrote: »
    Hard to know really, alot of threads get pulled there if are too negative and attract alot of comment's, especially one's on horrible rashes, seen a few threads where guys have gotten gyno type male breast tissue swelling from mRNA one's, swollen lymph nodes under the arms cause it apparently, can go away in a few days or persist longer, as you can imagine men lose there **** when that happens and threads get closed.

Anyway I better shut up, i'll get banned for talking about side effects here

Give it a rest mate, you're only registered 2 days and have almost 60 posts posting predominantly anti vax info. Don't act like you don't have an agenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I think it’s just using the Eircode provided to get you to your nearest MVC. So it’s going to be relative to your home address, not your work.
    I wouldn't bet on that either. A friend of mine in Newbridge was sent to Citywest while her husband had been sent to Punchestown a week earlier. Both work and live in Kildare.

And I know people in south Kildare who have been sent to Carlow IT (fine, it's closer than Punchestown) but people from Carlow town who were sent to Kilkenny! The Kilkenny vaccination centre is bigger apparently, but still...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭boccy23

Friend of mine went to Carlow IT. Wife had to go to Kilkenny! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

It’s consultant prescribed but I haven’t been to the consultant in a long long time. One of those things you just keep managing via the GP.

I’ve no underlying cardiac issues (at least that they could fine), I don’t smoke (never did), my diet isn’t a cause - practically veggie, get plenty of exercise, not over weight, yet without meds my BP will wander up to 190/110.

With the ARBs, zero issues and it stays low. No side effects at all, so pretty simple.

I’m guessing I’m probably grand, but if it’s just a few weeks away at this stage it’s neither here nor there. It would have made more difference if it was prioritised months ago and work wise, I’m at zero risk as it’s all in a home bubble and I take a cautious approach to avoiding getting it. I’m not living in a hermetically sealed bubble, but I am just not putting myself into risky situations, as tempting as it would be to hang out and have a few drinks, I’m just chilling and doing my own thing.
    Hope you get sorted soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭feelings

Any recent information regarding the number of vaccines delivered, vaccines administered etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Latest information from CDC on breakthrough infections. Exceptional numbers
    https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

taoiseach-says-it-is-full-steam-ahead-for-eu-digital-green-pass.jpg

2.4 years for us to get to 75% of the [population surely a mistake?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Troll nuked, let's move on and not give them anymore oxygen cheers folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Lucas Hood wrote: »

If they know this why can't we get more detailed updates?

I wouldn't bet on that either. A friend of mine in Newbridge was sent to Citywest while her husband had been sent to Punchestown a week earlier. Both work and live in Kildare.

And I know people in south Kildare who have been sent to Carlow IT (fine, it's closer than Punchestown) but people from Carlow town who were sent to Kilkenny! The Kilkenny vaccination centre is bigger apparently, but still...

Wait longer in Carlow or get vaccinated sooner in Kilkenny. Its a good thing that they are sending people to nearby vaccination centres with larger capacities than the local one. Reduces the "postcode" lottery element in getting timely access to vaccines where one area may run well ahead of another based purely on MVC capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Lucas Hood wrote: »

That's interesting. 2.5 million equates to 51% of Ireland's population. The percentage for the UK is 57%. We're catching up.

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Your answer is right there in the graphic - based of 7 day average to Feb 7th. Even the most vocal naysayers will admit things have moved on a bit since feb 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭JPup

[QUOTE=KrustyUCC;

2.4 years for us to get to 75% of the [population surely a mistake?[/QUOTE]

The graphic you posted says using the 7 day average rate from February. I don't know how or why you are sharing such old information, but it is useless. If that was recently shared on social media, I would block the source. It's probably someone deliberately trying to spread misinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Cork2021

That's interesting. 2.5 million equates to 51% of Ireland's population. The percentage for the UK is 57%. We're catching up.

That’s just doses administered so more like the 45% of adults with at least 1 dose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Thats based on the rolling 7 day rate from almost 4 months ago.

AdamD wrote: »
    If they know this why can't we get more detailed updates?

Because its the detail that is missing with the IT issue. General numbers, easy to estimate. Specific details, you will need the systems reporting accurate figures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭eoinbn

OwlsZat wrote: »
    I'm 34 and the vaccine calculator are giving an estimation of between 2 and 4 weeks.

It is clearly based on nonsense data.

Look at it another way. Right now we are about 7 weeks behind the UK. England are offering vaccines to people in their early thirties right now. Our rate will pick up next month but not by that much.
    The average 34 year old will get vaccinated about 6 weeks from now - so early to mid July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭JPA

72% of UK adults have had one dose, 43% have had two.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/60-million-doses-of-covid-19-vaccine-administered-in-uk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

JPup wrote: »
    The graphic you posted says using the 7 day average rate from February. I don't know how or why you are sharing such old information, but it is useless. If that was recently shared on social media, I would block the source. It's probably someone deliberately trying to spread misinformation.

Graphic came up in an article I read from today

I did think it was off

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mid-july-the-target-for-eu-digital-green-pass-to-be-operating-in-ireland-1132284.html

The equivalent UK figure is 89. 2.5m is total doses not total people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭eoinbn

UK is at 90%+. We are going at about the same rate as them now. They have been going close to this rate since late January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

When you text New for a new appointment anyone know how long it takes to get that new appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

1huge1 wrote: »
    I wonder will they similarly comment on the miraculous catch up when the numbers are reporting again. It is a shame as I'd love to se the 300k we've been doing per week reflected.
    ".

God no! That would be positive and would fly in the face of “only in Ireland” discussions. Self flagellation is a national pass time here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

According to ourworld in data UK are at ~90 doses per 100 and are currently dosing about 0.8% per day, which is about where we are currently at, so no catch up at the moment.

Advertisement