Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

Is it going to be the case that under 40’s and over 50’s can be offered AZ & J&J?
    Meaning forty somethings can’t?

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

I can understand the move to 4 weeks. Younger people are at less risk of COVID -> sacrifice the efficacy of a longer interval for the speediness of getting fully vaxxed with the 4 weeks.

Its a war situation.

Covid is the enemy.

We need strong fortifications in the herd.

80-90% of adult population double dosed by end of august would be savage
    protection for the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Stheno wrote: »
    Well hopefully you'll be heading in to get one if you are happy to do so in a few days :)

I have a feeling boots will be busier by Friday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Woody79 wrote: »
    Its a war situation.

Covid is the enemy.

We need strong fortifications in the herd.

90% of adult population double dosed by end of august would be savage
    protection for the country.

Nightmare scenario would be yet another lockdown / Level 5, so they're going to throw everything at it now to try and prevent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Is it going to be the case that under 40’s and over 50’s can be offered AZ & J&J?
    Meaning forty somethings can’t?
    Well, 40 somethings seem to be well advanced with mRNA vaccines and it sounds more like a recommendation to speed up the programme.

• Advertisement

Strazdas wrote: »
    Nightmare scenario would be yet another lockdown / Level 5, so they're going to throw everything at it now to try and prevent it.

They talk about "living with covid".

This is how you live with covid in ireland.

Double dose the ****e out of people as quickly as possible. :cool:

Nobody wants lockdowns again, they break the soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

6k of 60k J&J used according to the below

Plenty there to open up to now

https://twitter.com/LouiseByrneNews/status/1409594258328281092?s=19

Possible to book an appointment online from certain pharmacies ;)

They probably should have made a decision a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

That was always going to happen. Most of the 50+ are done, who in their right minds thought that suddenly 60k 50+ would run to pharmacies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

For under 50s?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

is_that_so wrote: »
    Well, 40 somethings seem to be well advanced with mRNA vaccines and it sounds more like a recommendation to speed up the programme.

You’re probably right- just means no choice but take mRNA if you are forty something.
    Looks like I’ll have to wait 3 years and get one for my 50th birthday present!

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

JPup wrote: »
    For under 50s?

There are other options now in there once you go passed the initial step. Perhaps planning for this eventuality. Worth a shot maybe, considering a likely announcement tomorrow to extend the use of these vaccines.

Why would they refuse it next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭FrankN1

When will 30-34 group be opening up? What's the most likely method of vaccination, GP or MVC?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Awe for feck that is disgraceful if true. I would have happily taken the J and J vaccine but was not offered it even do does in our 40s were supposed to be getting it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Which ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Which ones?

Boots, check site

Boots, check site

Oh yeah see it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 iheartpooner

Oh yeah see it now.

I’m seeing it says it will cancel the app if I’m under 50, which I am. You seeing the same?

I’m seeing it says it will cancel the app if I’m under 50, which I am. You seeing the same?

Yeah I got that too, but I booked anyway, YOLO

• Advertisement

Hopefully AZ and J&J will be rolled out through the pharmacies to those who want them, and the mRNAs continue through the MVCs. Seems the fairest way to do it and it increases coverage.

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Hopefully AZ and J&J will be rolled out through the pharmacies to those who want them, and the mRNAs continue through the MVCs. Seems the fairest way to do it and it increases coverage.

Yeah it does have a consent box incorporated as you book online, not sure if that was there before? I presume before you couldn't proceed if you indicated you were in an age category under 50, or could you do that before today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭smallgarden

If you put Pfizer pharmacy 35 or similar into Facebook and check recent posts it'll give you an idea of pharmacies currently accepting interest, mainly more rural ones away from mvcs. Today's decisions may change it. The hse Jansen list is a good starting point too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Got my first jab Yesterday week. Four days later I went and got my hair done the same colour and same products I've been using for 20 years. 20 minutes in and I suffered a severe allergic reaction and was brought to hospital. The doctor asked me had I had the moderna vaccine as I wasn't the first to have it react with a chemical. He said because its so new they just don't know how it reacts to some things. I've been on a high dose steroids since. I'm worried now about getting called for the 2nd dose which should be in about 3 weeks. I honestly could have died a few days ago, I couldn't breathe, my blood pressure was dangerously low and my face and hands swelled up so much I was like the elephant man. The doctor said Im now at risk for more anaphylactic shocks. He told me I could get the 2nd dose but not to have hair done till at least 2 weeks after. My hair is the least of my worries, I'm worried about getting the 2nd jab. Any advice would be great. The pharmacist today said ring gp and insist on getting the jab in the surgery or hospital (I got the first one in a sports hall)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Yeah I got that too, but I booked anyway, YOLO

Tempted to do this as well but worried that I'll be told to feck off altogether for ignoring the over 50 warning...am I overthinking it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Soooooo, ammmm

What’s the point of vaccines anyone know?

Tempted to do this as well but worried that I'll be told to feck off altogether for ignoring the over 50 warning...am I overthinking it?

Yeah they have options for all age groups now

Assuming once new NIAC advice updates then our appointments will go ahead ?

Worth a try anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I'm very very disappointed at the lack of trust in the vaccines from NPHET. Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

I'm very very disappointed at the lack of trust in the vaccines from NPHET. Very sad.

It's utterly bizarre. To them, it's as if they don't exist and we're in a summer 2020 position.

• Advertisement

lukesmom wrote: »
    Got my first jab Yesterday week. Four days later I went and got my hair done the same colour and same products I've been using for 20 years. 20 minutes in and I suffered a severe allergic reaction and was brought to hospital. The doctor asked me had I had the moderna vaccine as I wasn't the first to have it react with a chemical. He said because its so new they just don't know how it reacts to some things. I've been on a high dose steroids since. I'm worried now about getting called for the 2nd dose which should be in about 3 weeks. I honestly could have died a few days ago, I couldn't breathe, my blood pressure was dangerously low and my face and hands swelled up so much I was like the elephant man. The doctor said Im now at risk for more anaphylactic shocks. He told me I could get the 2nd dose but not to have hair done till at least 2 weeks after. My hair is the least of my worries, I'm worried about getting the 2nd jab. Any advice would be great. The pharmacist today said ring gp and insist on getting the jab in the surgery or hospital (I got the first one in a sports hall)

Jeesh that sounds rough, sorry to hear that, have they ran any tests?

Advertisement