Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Bit confused but is this correct ? Following this evening's announcement.

Age 70+ Pfizer/Moderna
    Age 60-69 AZ/Pfizer/Moderna
    Age 50-59 J&J/Pfizer/Moderna
    Age 40-49 Pfizer/Moderna
    Age 18-39 AZ/J&J/Pfizer/Moderna
    Age 16-18 Pfizer

And if/when Irish Govt follows EMA authorisation

Age 12-15 Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭secman

secman wrote: »
    I'm awaiting text for 2nd AZ vaccine, my wife has an appointment for next Friday morning, I'm considering calling HSE on Monday to see if we can get both of us done on Friday. Quite a few of the neighbours have been vaccinated on the same day. I have to bring my wife to Citywest and wait for her as it happens. Anyone else do this?

Did my best on Friday to get my second AZ jab whilst wife was getting her second one in citywest. Supervisor told me if I was at 56 days and not 52 days since my first jab they would have given it to me.
    I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and waiting for the text .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Soooooo, ammmm

What’s the point of vaccines anyone know?

No point in getting vaccinated per NPHET tonight.

Open indoor and we will see peak deaths in August.

5 million vaccine doses will do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cork2021

I'm very very disappointed at the lack of trust in the vaccines from NPHET. Very sad.

ISAG that is all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cork2021

TheDoctor wrote: »
    No point in getting vaccinated per NPHET tonight.

Open indoor and we will see peak deaths in August.

5 million vaccine doses will do nothing.

I’ll go against NPHET advice and still get my vaccine on Thursday though! Twats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

I'm very very disappointed at the lack of trust in the vaccines from NPHET. Very sad.

What happened?

lukesmom wrote: »
    Got my first jab Yesterday week. Four days later I went and got my hair done the same colour and same products I've been using for 20 years. 20 minutes in and I suffered a severe allergic reaction and was brought to hospital. The doctor asked me had I had the moderna vaccine as I wasn't the first to have it react with a chemical. He said because its so new they just don't know how it reacts to some things. I've been on a high dose steroids since. I'm worried now about getting called for the 2nd dose which should be in about 3 weeks. I honestly could have died a few days ago, I couldn't breathe, my blood pressure was dangerously low and my face and hands swelled up so much I was like the elephant man. The doctor said Im now at risk for more anaphylactic shocks. He told me I could get the 2nd dose but not to have hair done till at least 2 weeks after. My hair is the least of my worries, I'm worried about getting the 2nd jab. Any advice would be great. The pharmacist today said ring gp and insist on getting the jab in the surgery or hospital (I got the first one in a sports hall)

Christ, thats horrific, Im so sorry to hear that. Must have been very frightening.
    If it were me, I would seriously reconsider getting the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Got my first jab Yesterday week. Four days later I went and got my hair done the same colour and same products I've been using for 20 years. 20 minutes in and I suffered a severe allergic reaction and was brought to hospital. The doctor asked me had I had the moderna vaccine as I wasn't the first to have it react with a chemical. He said because its so new they just don't know how it reacts to some things. I've been on a high dose steroids since. I'm worried now about getting called for the 2nd dose which should be in about 3 weeks. I honestly could have died a few days ago, I couldn't breathe, my blood pressure was dangerously low and my face and hands swelled up so much I was like the elephant man. The doctor said Im now at risk for more anaphylactic shocks. He told me I could get the 2nd dose but not to have hair done till at least 2 weeks after. My hair is the least of my worries, I'm worried about getting the 2nd jab. Any advice would be great. The pharmacist today said ring gp and insist on getting the jab in the surgery or hospital (I got the first one in a sports hall)

That's awful for you , hope it has settled down.

Yes . You do need to contact your GP .
    Have the hospital written to your doctor ? Should have . And should be notified by the doctor to the HPRA if it is believed to be a vaccine reaction .
    Also you know it's possible that it was a reaction to something the hairdresser used , but obviously they would want to err on the side of caution with the fact that you had just had a vaccine . EDIT . just read that you have been having the same stuff for 20years?

If getting a second dose should be notified to the vaccinator who are trained to respond appropriately , whether in a sports hall or a doctors surgery .
    You will need intravenous access/ cannula in case you need adrenaline/ or steroid injection and you will be monitored for longer .
    Not sure if you would be happy with it though having had such a fright .
    Might be a candidate for a different vaccine or an early booster .
    Your GP is the best person to advise on this really .

• Registered Users Posts: 22 penguinbaby

I registered for vaccine but had to request a new apt when it came up as had a family funeral, did anyone else request a new app and if so how long did it take to get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Leinster90

When I try to book on Boots, I complete the questionnaire and it just says “thank you, your answers have been received.”

Is anyone else the same? How can I book an appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Leinster90 wrote: »
    When I try to book on Boots, I complete the questionnaire and it just says “thank you, your answers have been received.”

Is anyone else the same? How can I book an appointment?

It let me book an appointment after finishing the questionaire. Could be the site playing up, could be them taking the system down because plenty of us are chancing our arms :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

If you lost your vaccine card from your first vaccination so got another card when you got the second vaccination, how can you show you’ve been fully vaccinated without that first card?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

It let me book an appointment after finishing the questionaire. Could be the site playing up, could be them taking the system down because plenty of us are chancing our arms :pac:

The Boots website is garbage.

They'll call and cancel tomorrow.
    I tried two weeks ago and got a call within a few hours.

I presume they can't risk the chance of some adverse affect in an under 50 until they get the go-ahead from NIAC or whoever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Goldengirl wrote: »
    That's awful for you , hope it has settled down.

Yes . You do need to contact your GP .
    Have the hospital written to your doctor ? Should have . And should be notified by the doctor to the HPRA if it is believed to be a vaccine reaction .
    Also you know it's possible that it was a reaction to something the hairdresser used , but obviously they would want to err on the side of caution with the fact that you had just had a vaccine . EDIT . just read that you have been having the same stuff for 20years?

If getting a second dose should be notified to the vaccinator who are trained to respond appropriately , whether in a sports hall or a doctors surgery .
    You will need intravenous access/ cannula in case you need adrenaline/ or steroid injection and you will be monitored for longer .
    Not sure if you would be happy with it though having had such a fright .
    Might be a candidate for a different vaccine or an early booster .
    Your GP is the best person to advise on this really .

Thanks I've been ok the past few days but left the steroids until the afternoon on Friday (stupidly) and took a turn while collecting my kids from school. The symtpoms began to flare again and I took the steroids in the chemist with water opposite the school and waited until symptoms ceased. I will be off the steroids from tomorrow and worried it was all begin again. No the doctors are pretty convinced its definitely related to the vaccine reacting with the hair dye. I will call my gp and in the meantime hopefully no more symptoms

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Padre_Pio wrote: »

I presume they can't risk the chance of some adverse affect in an under 50 until they get the go-ahead from NIAC or whoever

Never know might get the go ahead fairly quickly

https://twitter.com/LouiseByrneNews/status/1409622275121369089?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

gaiscioch wrote: »
    If you lost your vaccine card from your first vaccination so got another card when you got the second vaccination, how can you show you’ve been fully vaccinated without that first card?

Did they not write details of the first dose on the second card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Never known might get the go ahead fairly quickly

I'm off Wednesday and Thursday... Imagine if I timed it right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

funnydoggy wrote: »
    It's utterly bizarre. To them, it's as if they don't exist and we're in a summer 2020 position.

If someone had said to me we'd be in a worse situation restriction-wise in summer 2021 with 40% of adults fully vaccinated than summer 2020 I'd have called them crazy!

Never know might get the go ahead fairly quickly

saupload_lloyd-300x300.jpg

• Advertisement

VG31 wrote: »
    If someone had said we'd be in a worse situation restriction-wise in summer 2021 with 40% of adults fully vaccinated than summer 2020 I'd have called them crazy!

I was in sunny Ardmore this time last year enjoying a beer thinking "ahhh, cases and deaths are low - things are gonna be better from here on".

Did I jinx it or something???

saupload_lloyd-300x300.jpg

I just choked on my water :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭omicron

Tried to book a boots appointment there despite being under the age, it confirmed but got a text 15 mins later to cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

omicron wrote: »
    Tried to book a boots appointment there despite being under the age, it confirmed but got a text 15 mins later to cancel it.

Really, haven't cancelled on me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Padre_Pio wrote: »

F*ck it.
    Booked on the boots website again.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭omicron

Really, haven't cancelled on me yet.

Unless it was a specific issue with the time and shop I booked for? It did send a link to rebook.

omicron wrote: »
    Unless it was a specific issue with the time and shop I booked for? It did send a link to rebook.

Might have been, no cancellation for me either and I booked an hour or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RavenBea17b

How awful and scary. Hope you are feeling alot better. Understandably nervous, of course it is human nature. Def speak to your Dr. Also, please make sure that this is added and reported to the side effects list portal. The Doctor at the hospital commenting and querying is it Moderna - result of chemical event, needs to be more known. It is the first I have heard of and I am sure if more aware, people choosing to get hair highlights, coloured etc need to be aware as do hairdressers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

Might have been, no cancellation for me either and I booked an hour or so ago.

They wouldn't cancel now anyway because they are closed. If they are gonna cancel, then it would be tomorrow onwards when they are checking the appointments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Maybe stop booking if you're not in the age range yet. I'd say they're busy enough without dealing with chancers all day.

Advertisement