Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

everlast75 wrote: »
    I know. However, that may be the game plan when possible is my point
    It's been recommended by NPHET and is really an attempt to give hospitality some hope while NPHET makes up its mind when we are no longer at risk by throwing numbers in the air.

cgcsb wrote: »
    Media seems a little confused. Can pharmacies now give the J&J vaccine to any adult? Says that NIAC and NEPHET have approved this but don't know if it's in place yet. Should I be ringing the pharmacy does anyone know?
    Not the case yet. Wait until the HSE say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

is_that_so wrote: »
    Then they should just say that. It doesn't require any modelling.
    BTW 36% and 50% of what number?

Of a pretty small number. Exactly the same as the UK.
    Alpha cases drop while Delta increase, but as a whole cases look steady/reducing until the Delta increase becomes noticable and potentially keeps growing.

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Of a pretty small number. Exactly the same as the UK.
    Alpha cases drop while Delta increase, but as a whole cases look steady/reducing until the Delta increase becomes noticable and potentially keeps growing.
    Which is what I assumed. These percentages are headline grabbing so why bother giving actual numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

cgcsb wrote: »
    Media seems a little confused. Can pharmacies now give the J&J vaccine to any adult? Says that NIAC and NEPHET have approved this but don't know if it's in place yet. Should I be ringing the pharmacy does anyone know?

They keep saying that all vaccines are now available to everyone but in the same breath, say that pharmacies can now vaccinate those under 40 with J&J....so, they have been doing over 50's and now can do under 40's.....what about us 41 to 49 year olds?? Where do we fall in that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭cgcsb

boardzz wrote: »
    Has anybody living in Republic close to the border got vaccine in the North?
    It seems they are allowing walk ins and not requiring NHS number. Just ID.

Would also like to know this. You can't book an appointment (I've tried) but the news says for a walk in appointment at the SSE you have to produce photo ID "and, if possible, your health number". So reading that I don't see what's stopping people going to the SSE mass to get it. I'd hate to drive all that way and be told no though, it sounds like too good a loop hole.

They keep saying that all vaccines are now available to everyone but in the same breath, say that pharmacies can now vaccinate those under 40 with J&J....so, they have been doing over 50's and now can do under 40's.....what about us 41 to 49 year olds?? Where do we fall in that??

The media reports are all over the place and only seem to be worried about the vintners association.

I wanna know when I can get my jab and go eat and drink in nearby well run countries. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

I (aged 35) got the first dose (Pfizer) today at 2:15pm. Zero after effects, yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I called a few pharmacies to ask about waiting lists for the under 35's (me)

One nearby is vaccinating today.
    One is starting tomorrow.

Two are waiting for official confirmation from the HSE and other bodies.

So it's a mixed bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Padre_Pio wrote: »

So it's a mixed bag.

What area are the pharmacies in? I've asked around a few in south Dublin and haven't heard anything definite yet.

• Advertisement

Padre_Pio wrote: »

So it's a mixed bag.

Any hints as to where these pharmacies offering today and tomorrow are? I get you don't want to give away your location but some hints would be appreciated 🙂

Local pharmacies for me have taken to not answering the phone unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RavenBea17b

Then they should just say that. It doesn't require any modelling.
    BTW 36% and 50% of what number?

Couldn't agree with you more, be up front and honest- un-certain, don't know for sure, worst case etc. Treat people for adults, but give them information.

Sorry, the German cases of Delta variant have doubled from 15% to 36% of those tested positive and sequenced (my assumption) - the 50% is what the president of the Robert Koch institute mentioned. Article mentioned registered and active cases - but actual numbers not given.

Article link below :

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-digest-delta-variant-cases-more-than-double-in-germany/a-58086507

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RavenBea17b

Which is what I assumed. These percentages are headline grabbing so why bother giving actual numbers.

And that is how it started in UK, small, but rapidly grew in younger population.
    Different thing is UK had opened up alot more by then as the numbers were low ( and continuing to drop/ steady out. Hence the push to get younger people vaccinated. d

• Registered Users Posts: 38,438 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'll take the J&J in a heartbeat through the HSE or local pharmacy

They really really should open it to all ages

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Many young people wont want to choose AZ.

We've been told for months about how it isn't safe due to risk of blood clots.

We've also been told how it's best immune response is after 8 or 12 weeks.

We are now being offered 4 weeks gap between doses.

No, we were told that the benefit of getting AZ was not sufficient to make the very slight risk of a clot worthwhile. That was in the landscape of the alpha variant. Delta variant makes the balance tip the other way again - the benefit to getting it outweighs the risk.

We were told it was safe to extend the interval to 12 weeks as immunity continued to increase to this point and didn’t fall off so more people could be given their first dose, while getting good protection. Now it’s recognised that in the current landscape second doses are more important than they were previously so it can be given at 4 weeks. The response still continues to grow after the 4 weeks. Getting the second dose doesn’t stop immunity increasing all it does is add in even more protection

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'll take the J&J in a heartbeat through the HSE or local pharmacy

They really really should open it to all ages

It is going to be open to all, that's the whole point of the NIAC advice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Sorry if it's been asked already, but do you need to book or register for your second Pfizer dose or do they automatically notify you?

I had my first dose 25 days ago and still no text has come through for an appointment for the second dose. Can't find the answer on HSE website anywhere..

Sorry if it's been asked already, but do you need to book or register for your second Pfizer dose or do they automatically notify you?

I had my first dose 25 days ago and still no text has come through for an appointment for the second dose. Can't find the answer on HSE website anywhere..
    You should get a notification text automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

They automatically notify you as far as I know, but it can take up to 41 days before you get next appt - not bang on 28 days all the time; depends on where you are in the country Id say. Keep checking the online portal anyway and don’t rely on a text alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Mr.S wrote: »
    I think this is why pharmacies need to follow age cohorts or else it’s going to get messy with every young person running around asking for a vaccine :D

And? What's wrong with that? I think following the age cohorts is quite pointless as the majority in the current cohort will go with mRNA via the portal and won't bother with the pharmacy; they want to use up these doses prior to expiration. If younger people want to get it ASAP to protect them, their families and people they interact with, and they are happy with Janssen, allow them to try via the pharmacy route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I think this is why pharmacies need to follow age cohorts or else it’s going to get messy with every young person running around asking for a vaccine :D

A pharmacy in my area invited bookings from those aged 18-70 in early June. Only found out about it today.

I’m joking, relax.

When I rang my pharmacy this morning they said it was the 10th person!

For what it’s worth, my boots appointment is still active and I rang them, they said they’ll keep it open as guidance is coming.

Sorry, misinterpreted the joke as often happens in text form :D

Boots was cancelled on this end despite writing a message asking to keep the appointment for now, given that guidance seems to be imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 iheartpooner

I’m joking, relax.

When I rang my pharmacy this morning they said it was the 10th person!

For what it’s worth, my boots appointment is still active and I rang them, they said they’ll keep it open as guidance is coming.

Same as myself, appointment hasn’t been cancelled. I chose a date mid July so maybe boots cancelled people’s appointments here if chose too soon a date.

I purposely booked one for the second week of July (the latest it would let me) vs right now as I assumed it would be a few days minimum before they are able to do it officially. Might be worth trying again.

I'll rebook in a different branch for a little further out this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Same as myself, appointment hasn’t been cancelled. I chose a date mid July so maybe boots cancelled people’s appointments here if chose too soon a date.

Ya was able to register for end of July

It may well be cancelled, but I’d rather have it and have it cancelled than not

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Have any of you received a call from a landline number starting with 01 511...? Just a bit suspicious as I missed a call couple of hours ago and from what I can find others who have received a call from such a number are not sure if it was actually a HSE number or part of some scam as the callers asked for personal details and did not clearly say what for. No SMS or a voice mail message which I would expect if it was in relation to my second jab which I'm due to have in a couple of weeks (if lucky).

Surprised there was no chatter from gov or anything in leaders questions regarding the vaccine changes

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Have any of you received a call from a landline number starting with 01 511...? Just a bit suspicious as I missed a call couple of hours ago and from what I can find others who have received a call from such a number are not sure if it was actually a HSE number or part of some scam as the callers asked for personal details and did not clearly say what for. No SMS or a voice mail message which I would expect if it was in relation to my second jab which I'm due to have in a couple of weeks (if lucky).

My girlfriend got rung by 01 511 9755. They said they were HSE. She rang the 1850 number and they confirmed it was HSE and had that department ring back. It was something to do with her registration. All calls came from that number

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

https://twitter.com/redouad/status/1409809917364641793

Time to get from zero to one billion doses: 137 days
    Time to get from one billion to two billion: 40 days
    Time to get from two billion to three billion: 26 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Does anyone know when or if any pharmacy's in cork will be offering the covid vac to under 35s in cork ?

Advertisement