Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

I'm 33, and I hope a situation occurs where I can get a vaccine sooner than later. Ideally J&J as it's single-dose. Would be ideal.

Does anyone know, with the AZ time between doses changing all the time (think it's 8 weeks now?), if you got your 1st dose with the HSE, can you doddle into a pharmacy for your 2nd dose, or must it be done via the HSE?

Does anyone know when or if any pharmacy's in cork will be offering the covid vac to under 35s in cork ?

I'd advise checking Facebook pages.

I'm 33, and I hope a situation occurs where I can get a vaccine sooner than later. Ideally J&J as it's single-dose. Would be ideal.

Does anyone know, with the AZ time between doses changing all the time (think it's 8 weeks now?), if you got your 1st dose with the HSE, can you doddle into a pharmacy for your 2nd dose, or must it be done via the HSE?

I'd say they dont even know that.

HSE working on plans currently.

I personally would want to stick with one venue.

After 1st dose they tell YOU what to do not the other way round.

Think of this as a military operation, keep things simple for your sake and others.

Get your first dose as soon as possible and follow THEIR instructions.

Pharmacies would be more flexible I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Saw a tweet earlier from a pharmacist. Seems to be genuine so worth checking your local pharmacist facebook page to see if they are doing it.

We got confirmation today that we will be allowed to administer the Pfizer vaccine to any age group 18+. Only 350 pharmacies in Ireland got chosen to give Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭secman

secman wrote: »
    Did my best on Friday to get my second AZ jab whilst wife was getting her second one in citywest. Supervisor told me if I was at 56 days and not 52 days since my first jab they would have given it to me.
    I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and waiting for the text .

Got text today for second AZ on Friday evening Citywest :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Saw a tweet earlier from a pharmacist. Seems to be genuine so worth checking your local pharmacist facebook page to see if they are doing it.

We got confirmation today that we will be allowed to administer the Pfizer vaccine to any age group 18+. Only 350 pharmacies in Ireland got chosen to give Pfizer.

Do you have a link, guidance has been to date that pharmacies are to vaccinate in line with current MVC age groups. 35 plus is what we are currently working from based on IPU/HSE circular sent last Friday

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    chosen to give Pfizer.

Would i be correct in saying J&J are the one 1-dose vaccine? or is Pfizer also a single shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Would i be correct in saying J&J are the one 1-dose vaccine? or is Pfizer also a single shot?

Pfizer's two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Is anyone worried at some stage they'll say that the one shot Jansen vaccine is not enough protection and that you'll need a top up later and so you'll go from being deem 'fully vaccinated' back to 'half vaccinated'? I'd be happy take J&J but I travel a good bit so would be a lot of hassle not to be deemed 'fully vaccinated' again.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭robinbird

Sorry if it's been asked already, but do you need to book or register for your second Pfizer dose or do they automatically notify you?

I had my first dose 25 days ago and still no text has come through for an appointment for the second dose. Can't find the answer on HSE website anywhere..

They notify you. And can be up to 42 days in some MVCs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

Klonker wrote: »
    Is anyone worried at some stage they'll say that the one shot Jansen vaccine is not enough protection and that you'll need a top up later and so you'll go from being deem 'fully vaccinated' back to 'half vaccinated'? I'd be happy take J&J but I travel a good bit so would be a lot of hassle not to be deemed 'fully vaccinated' again.

Yeah that's concerning me as well. There seems to be a lot of talk of boosters for J&J in the US media.

I was enthusiastic to take J&J if offered so I could travel sooner, but I'm beginning to think at I might be better off waiting a few more weeks for an mRNA vaccine. I'm not mad on the idea of vaccine mixing without proper trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Apogee

VG31 wrote: »
    Yeah that's concerning me as well. There seems to be a lot of talk of boosters for J&J in the US media.

I was enthusiastic to take J&J if offered so I could travel sooner, but I'm beginning to think at I might be better off waiting a few more weeks for an mRNA vaccine. I'm not mad on the idea of vaccine mixing without proper trials.

The initial data on mixing vaccines (AZ/Pfizer in this study) is quite promising:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57636356

• Registered Users Posts: 10,349 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Klonker wrote: »

I’m not worried about that as I assume that will be the case. There’s no reason for a single J&J to be better than a single AZ. The single dose was to fit a marketing niche. Will you really care if you get a dose of Pfizer or Moderna in 6 months time? I doubt the travel restrictions will vary for a ling while, ie single dose J&J=acceptably vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,349 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

VG31 wrote: »

It’s being run out in Germany in that basis. A lot more real life experience than a trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Reported that the HSE are working on the new NIAC advice and hope to be able to reveal details of the amended rollout schedule 'very soon'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Booked an appointment in Boots for 3 weeks time, not cancelled yet so hoping NIAC actually announce something before Boots get around to looking at it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Second Pfizer jab this morning

Sister got hers 5 mins after mine

Dad getting his second AZ tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Dose 2 Pfizer appointment text 2 days ago.

then, got a updated text yesterday from the HSE to answer online questions, i logged in, answered no to 2 questions (do/did you have covid-19 / blood clots)

and now my appointment is cancelled :mad:

i have to wait for a new appointment

I rang them this morning, they cant do anything, its already being cancelled

im not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

AdamD wrote: »
    Booked an appointment in Boots for 3 weeks time, not cancelled yet so hoping NIAC actually announce something before Boots get around to looking at it..

Booked yesterday and they cancelled this morning, hopefully yours doesn’t get the chop. Rang a bunch of pharmacies around Naas today all have plenty of Jansen vaccine and literally are waiting on people to register, pure disgrace we have a cohort of people willing to take them and the HSE and Govt haven’t green lit pharmacies to administer immediately after the NIAC approval

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    Dose 2 Pfizer appointment text 2 days ago.

then, got a updated text yesterday from the HSE to answer online questions, i logged in, answered no to 2 questions (do/did you have covid-19 / blood clots)

and now my appointment is cancelled :mad:

i have to wait for a new appointment

I rang them this morning, they cant do anything, its already being cancelled

im not happy

I think someone posted here not to answer those questions online as your appointment will be cancelled. Really not sure why you answer them online if this happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

How many days in advance are people getting the text for the second dose?

I think someone posted here not to answer those questions online as your appointment will be cancelled. Really not sure why you answer them online if this happens.

complete madness, and to be honest a computer programe messing with your chance to get a vaccine or not is crazy.

im going to keep ringing them to see if i can get an earlier appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I answered them online and my appointment was not cancelled.

Lumen wrote: »

can you remember the questions they asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭secman

Galego wrote: »
    How many days in advance are people getting the text for the second dose?

Got my text yesterday for Friday evening. AZ 2nd jab Citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Lumen wrote: »

That's very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Christ I hope not

Dad got a text from the HSE to answer the questions online

Very unfair if your appointment is cancelled after doing what you are requested

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

For people that got theirs in a GP, did anyone try to get their second dose in an MVC?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    complete madness, and to be honest a computer programe messing with your chance to get a vaccine or not is crazy.

im going to keep ringing them to see if i can get an earlier appointment.

I did the same 2 weeks ago, and made myself Ineligible for Vaccine. Have rang 3 times, 2 cases open but still waiting for system to be reset. It's crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,246 ✭✭✭✭km79

Raoul wrote: »
    For people that got theirs in a GP, did anyone try to get their second dose in an MVC?

I’d be interested to know this too as I am likely not to be able to make my second GP appointment and they only do them every two weeks

Advertisement