Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Apogee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Why would they cancel your appointment for asking questions? I'm confused :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

funnydoggy wrote: »

they sent me a second text to login to the HSE portal and answer medical questions prior to getting the vaccine ( i supposed to speed up the process of the nurse asking you when your at the center)

and depending on how you answer, the HSE portal will automatically cancel or approve you appointment.

i think i answered my questions correctly, i have no side effects from Dose 1

however due to some reason (i clicked on the wrong button at the wrong time,
    or the HSE portal crashed or my internet froze, i dont know)

my appointment was cancelled after the questions where answered.

I have no way to see what the questions where afterwards and how i answered them and officially its cancelled. and i have to wait again

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    they sent me a second text to login to the HSE portal and answer medical questions prior to getting the vaccine ( i supposed to speed up the process of the nurse asking you when your at the center)

and depending on how you answer, the HSE portal will automatically cancel or approve you appointment.

i think i answered my questions correctly, i have no side effects from Dose 1

however due to some reason (i clicked on the wrong button at the wrong time,
    or the HSE postal crashed or my internet froze, i dont know)

my appointment was cancelled after the questions where answered.

I have no way to see what the questions where afterwards and how i answered them and officially its cancelled. and i have to wait again

Madness :eek:

It seems to be a glitch in their system.

I got the text yesterday asking me to answer the questions online but I'm not going near it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Skygord

Surely one of the simplest ways the HSE could expand the vaccination programme is to use the existing HSE Covid test centres to deliver vaccines:

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19/testing/walk-in-test-centres/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Economics101

Jammyd wrote: »
    Booked yesterday and they cancelled this morning, hopefully yours doesn’t get the chop. Rang a bunch of pharmacies around Naas today all have plenty of Jansen vaccine and literally are waiting on people to register, pure disgrace we have a cohort of people willing to take them and the HSE and Govt haven’t green lit pharmacies to administer immediately after the NIAC approval
    Part of our problem is the excessive bureaucracy and consequent delay in putting anything into effect. In this case Government should agree that once NIAC (as well as of course the EMA) gives approval for J and J then the Government is also deemed to approve it, and furthermore the HSE is obliged to implement it. If the HSE dithers then they should me made account for themselves.

As for NPHET's role in this particular bureaucratic pile-up, they should have none: their role is policy advice, not the details vaccine implementation

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Part of our problem is the excessive bureaucracy and consequent delay in putting anything into effect. In this case Government should agree that once NIAC (as well as of course the EMA) gives approval for J and J then the Government is also deemed to approve it, and furthermore the HSE is obliged to implement it. If the HSE dithers then they should be made account for themselves.
    Eh, it was only approved by NIAC two days ago and it won't be rushed out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

There is a sign up at the helix that the MVC is moving. Anyone got any ideas where it is moving to?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The national show centre in Swords, apparently;

https://www.thesun.ie/news/7209049/hse-dcu-helix-national-show-centre-swords-vaccination/

As usual the North-West of Dublin is being left out in the cold, Swords is even more of a pain to get to than the Helix.

They really need another one in Blanchardstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Flying Fox wrote: »
    It seems to be a glitch in their system.

I got the text yesterday asking me to answer the questions online but I'm not going near it.

Do we know for 100% we're still going to get vaccinated if we don't answer the questions online? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Leinster90

is_that_so wrote: »
    Eh, it was only approved by NIAC two days ago and it won't be rushed out this week.

We’re supposedly in a “race against the variant.” It’s not too much to expect them to shift their arses into gear and get the ball rolling instead of their usual dithering and inaction.

It would take 15 minutes to write an e-letter to pharmacies saying “you can distribute the J&J vaccines to under-40s now” and leave it up to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Raoul wrote: »
    There is a sign up at the helix that the MVC is moving. Anyone got any ideas where it is moving to?

They said National Show Centre in Swords to me yesterday when I got my 1st jab. Will be a pain to get to, no pedestrian access at all if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Apogee wrote: »

Did Paul Reid get the memo? He needs to tone down the positivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Part of our problem is the excessive bureaucracy and consequent delay in putting anything into effect. In this case Government should agree that once NIAC (as well as of course the EMA) gives approval for J and J then the Government is also deemed to approve it, and furthermore the HSE is obliged to implement it. If the HSE dithers then they should me made account for themselves.

As for NPHET's role in this particular bureaucratic pile-up, they should have none: their role is policy advice, not the details vaccine implementation

NIAC's role is to advise the CMO and the Minister for Health. It's not to make decisions on anything.

xboxdad wrote: »
    Do we know for 100% we're still going to get vaccinated if we don't answer the questions online? Thank you.

They'll just ask on the day. If they mention not filling it out online (which I doubt they will) I'll just say that I'm aware of people having their appointments cancelled when they did it, so I didn't want to risk it.

seamus wrote: »
    The national show centre in Swords, apparently;

https://www.thesun.ie/news/7209049/hse-dcu-helix-national-show-centre-swords-vaccination/

As usual the North-West of Dublin is being left out in the cold, Swords is even more of a pain to get to than the Helix.

They really need another one in Blanchardstown.
    Actually, it's not that bad, literally just off the M1 and you get to it from the end of the M50 handy enough too. There are a load of airport and Swords buses too to get you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

hardybuck wrote: »
    NIAC's role is to advise the CMO and the Minister for Health. It's not to make decisions on anything.

And the CMO's role is to advise the government, not to make decisions on anything... but look at where we are...

rm212 wrote: »
    And the CMO's role is to advise the government, not to make decisions on anything... but look at where we are...
    Christmas put paid to any likelihood that the government will oppose NPHET, bar on small things. There should be no issue with them advising but most people are annoyed that they made it off the back of some very risible figures.

Flying Fox wrote: »
    They'll just ask on the day. If they mention not filling it out online (which I doubt they will) I'll just say that I'm aware of people having their appointments cancelled when they did it, so I didn't want to risk it.

I know they'll ask on the day, I'm waiting for my 2nd appt now.
    I did answer the questions online for the 1st appt and the portal worked well.
    I was just wondering if I need to do it differently for the 2nd dose due to some new(ish) portal bug.
    It'd be nice to know for sure answering the questions online isn't mandatory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Correct. Government make decisions. End of story.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Correct. Government make decisions. End of story.

This is head in the sand stuff. They effectively rubber stamped exactly what NPHET wanted, and you say they make the decisions?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

In the exact same position as before, with NPHET making recommendations and the Government making decisions?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

This is head in the sand stuff. They effectively rubber stamped exactly what NPHET wanted, and you say they make the decisions?

Yes, because they made a balls of it in December when NPHET were right....and just maybe they're right again.

Modelling isn't guesswork. It's based on evidence and while not an exact science there's a certain degree of certainty of outcomes within certain ranges.

In the exact same position as before, with NPHET making recommendations and the Government making decisions?

With NPHET making 'recommendations', throwing a hissy fit if government even thinks about going against them, and dictating to government what compromises are permitted on restrictions, rather than vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Leinster90 wrote: »
    We’re supposedly in a “race against the variant.” It’s not too much to expect them to shift their arses into gear and get the ball rolling instead of their usual dithering and inaction.

It would take 15 minutes to write an e-letter to pharmacies saying “you can distribute the J&J vaccines to under-40s now” and leave it up to them.

Exactly, a race against the virus. I hate them being so slow at opening the age groups as well. They should be sticking needles into anyone and everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yes, because they made a balls of it in December when NPHET were right....and just maybe they're right again.

Modelling isn't guesswork. It's based on evidence and while not an exact science there's a certain degree of certainty of outcomes within certain ranges.

Especially when the range spans from 80000 to 700,000 cases.

And I agreed with most of NPHET's caution when restrictions were dropped too loosely in December, but this modelling now is just borderline insanity. They actually, seriously presented a scenario where our total cases to date, since March 2020, through the number of waves we've had WITHOUT any vaccinates, are going to almost triple by September, despite almost all older and vulnerable people now being vaccinated?

And I agreed with most of NPHET's caution when restrictions were dropped too loosely in December, but this modelling now is just borderline insanity. They actually, seriously presented a scenario where our total cases to date, since March 2020, through the number of waves we've had WITHOUT any vaccinates, are going to almost triple by September, despite almost all older and vulnerable people now being vaccinated?

40-60% more transmissible variant can outweigh the benefits coming from our current state of vaccination. I assume this is why the modelling algorithm returned those results.

• Advertisement

O' Sullivan's Pharmacies Cork:

Screenshot-20210630-130203.jpg

Advertisement