Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Think it would make sense to use Curevac in younger populations based on those results.

I'd be surprised if Curevac features at this stage. Pfizer deal has sown up supply for the foreseeable and unless Curevac is on stream in the next week or two then it'll be very low numbers that would be getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Apogee

Reid/HSE:

Uptake
    >80s 99%
    70-79 98%
    60-69 93%
    50-59 90%
    40-49 79%

300-330K doses next week. 42 MVCs now operational.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1410562428581122052?s=20

140k J&J that should be used asap.

Surely they could have started working out the logistics while NIAC made their decision.

Skygord wrote: »
    Mine 2nd was faster. My appointment for 2nd dose (with GP) was scheduled for 2.30pm. I was standing outside at 2.20. At 2.25 I was invited in, given my card already filled out (as my GP didn't issue them after 1st dose), sat down and was done. I was walking out at 2.30pm - 5 minutes! That included 2 mins chat about another issue!

No 15 minutes observation time? Usually compulsory after vaccination in the event of a reaction

Revised plan including AZ/JJ option for under 50s now with Minister

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,437 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Given me that J&J one shot asap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Surely they could have started working out the logistics while NIAC made their decision.

That's 140,000 fully vaccinated people

A significant figure that needs to be used asap

Few weeks tops

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Could he not give the figure delivered. Can't be that bloody hard to check the delivery docket ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Does anyone have the vaccine delivery schedule for July and august?

Am I right in saying 200,000 pfizer per week on average?

Wonder what adult % we will have fully vaccinated by end of July and august? Once it’s 70-80% surely it’s all over given how effective they are against delta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Ha you wusses do ye need a nurse to come in and wipe your foreheads? :D:D :pac: :P

Well if she’s hot and the wife doesn’t mind then no bother 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Few weeks tops

I mean by right they should be used within the next 14 days tbh

Does anyone have the vaccine delivery schedule for July and august?

Am I right in saying 200,000 pfizer per week on average?

Wonder what adult % we will have fully vaccinated by end of July and august? Once it’s 70-80% surely it’s all over given how effective they are against delta

Can't remember exactly but somewhere in the region of 235k I think.

In 4 weeks time we should have a minimum of 67% vaccinated fully and probably close to 80% first doses(may be higher with AZ/JJ) Number of first doses will drop a chunky amount in July

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭Cork2021

If we got 140000 18-29 dosed that would be huge for reopening

Pharmacies can do 100k in a week if it's mandated and supplies are made available efficiently so the above should be the aim

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Good to see about 30-34s. Seemed a bit of anecdotal evidence of people that age if not younger getting vaccines through GP already so guess as age cohorts go down there's more chance of that

• Registered Users Posts: 38,437 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So for us 30-34 will we get a choice ?

I imagine big demand for the J&J for obvious reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Eod100 wrote: »
    Good to see about 30-34s. Seemed a bit of anecdotal evidence of people that age if not younger getting vaccines through GP already so guess as age cohorts go down there's more chance of that

I would be in that cohort and I know of loads that have already got jabbed through their GP, underlying conditions or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Few weeks tops

Ppl usually say J&J is very similar to 1 dose of AZ which we don't consider full protection.
    I'm confused about this, can you shed some light on this please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

TheDoctor wrote: »
    I would be in that cohort and I know of loads that have already got jabbed through their GP, underlying conditions or not.

Only personally know a few but through friends of friends seems to be happening a bit. Seems to depend on GP having spares so varies a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭cgcsb

I managed to secure a vaccine appointment from boots in just over 2 weeks time, they may cancel because I'm officially too young for it at the moment. Should I still register when it opens up for 30-34s and then cancel one of them (whichever is first).

Why does the government create all this uncertainty for people?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

xboxdad wrote: »
    OK, I agree this is too complex of a topic to try and discuss in detail.
    What I mean when I say they "experiment" is evolution. E.g. trial and error. Mutations happen on a regular basis, but most of them are less successful than the existing strain(s), e.g. you only ever hear about the mutations that were more/similarly successful as the existing strain(s). The larger the "sandbox" (=unvaccinated population) the virus has to do this trial&error the faster we'll see successful mutations/strains appear in our stats.
    This is what I attempted to avoid typing in by just saying "experimenting" :)

What has that got to do with the issues surrounding NPHET's latest modelling and the vaccine rollout? It's a very simplistic analogy I gotta say, and the "sandbox" you refer to is a rapidly-shrinking thing. Also I think it's disingenuous to talk about elimination of cases/strains as the vaccines' successful endpoint is the avoidance of hospitalisation and death.

Reducing transmission and symptomatic cases is an additional bonus if you will. some informed commentators also believe on available evidence, the Mac n Chise tweeter, that e.g. the mRNA vaccine induced immunity is so effective that the virus would no longer be able to readily bind with huACE2 receptors if it were to escape vaccine-induced immunity (in effect that would make the "variant fear" basically moot).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Agree wih Alan Kellys sentiment but as a 32 year old i would like to be included in that. 30-34 year olds haven't been offered a jab yet.
    Agreed also, plus there are those in the 40+ age group who haven't availed of vaccines for whatever reason. It should be available to all, not yet another age group.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Agree wih Alan Kellys sentiment but as a 32 year old i would like to be included in that. 30-34 year olds haven't been offered a jab yet.
    Not his call, that is down to NIAC. He likes grandstanding and really has shown a very poor grasp of what's going on at times during this!

8,000 J&J administered via pharmacies.

Total J&J administered ~70K.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So for us 30-34 will we get a choice ?

I imagine big demand for the J&J for obvious reasons

You'll be able choose to get J&J or AZ (probably in a pharmacy) or wait for an mRNA vaccine through the MVCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

According to Colm Henry on HSE briefing, " the vaccine wall is holding in UK and Scotland preventing deaths from Delta" unlike Russia where deaths are going up, as vaccinations there are at a much lower level.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Apogee wrote: »
    Revised plan including AZ/JJ option for under 50s now with Minister

We should have an announcement fairly quickly then. They know full well the urgency of the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭celt262

xboxdad wrote: »
    Ppl usually say J&J is very similar to 1 dose of AZ which we don't consider full protection.
    I'm confused about this, can you shed some light on this please?

I would like to see some information on this also have seen charts and information on AZ and Pfizer against delta but nothing on j&j.

Advertisement