Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭guyfawkes5

crossman47 wrote: »
    How come GPs are still vaccinating? I didn't think they had any role in the age group based roll out.
    From experience, some GPs are 'done' and no longer receiving deliveries and others are still receiving a trickle of deliveries as they are still administering vaccines. Presumably this is because they still have vulnerable patients on their books?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Lets hope it will be easy to register and get it done from a Pharmacy while also getting the one shot J&J which would be great

So if you register through the HSE portal you wont get the J&J ?

I wouldn't imagine so, they'll keep going with the mRNA vaccines. I'm more interested to see what will happen with AZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

guyfawkes5 wrote: »
    From experience, some GPs are 'done' and no longer receiving deliveries and others are still receiving a trickle of deliveries as they are still administering vaccines. Presumably this is because they still have vulnerable patients on their books?

Not my experience, GPs in my area are doing a day a week of vaccines in relatively large quantities. I think its great but does lead to some discrepancies in certain people getting done "out of line"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭FrankN1

If you are travelling abroad, could you get a free HSE test or does it have to be a private PCR test?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

FrankN1 wrote: »
    If you are travelling abroad, could you get a free HSE test or does it have to be a private PCR test?

It has to be a private one as you need a travel certificate. The HSE result text is not sufficient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

FrankN1 wrote: »

Pay for it yourself alas (through a private company) and it's quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭guyfawkes5

duffman13 wrote: »
    Not my experience, GPs in my area are doing a day a week of vaccines in relatively large quantities. I think its great but does lead to some discrepancies in certain people getting done "out of line"
    I know of two ~30 year olds that have received Pfizer vaccines, one had a first dose very recently and the other was fully vaccinated a few weeks ago. If these doses were going to be wasted, then this isn't a "discrepancy".

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

guyfawkes5 wrote: »
    I know of two ~30 year olds that have received Pfizer vaccines, one had a first dose very recently and the other was fully vaccinated a few weeks ago. If these doses were going to be wasted, then this isn't a "discrepancy".
    It depends on the makeup of the surgery and doses received. Sure, it does happen but better that than waste them.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Strazdas wrote: »
    Apparently they are working on a plan to vaccinate the under 35s with J & J through pharmacies in the next month. It's thought there could be as many as 180,000 doses available by the end of July (Irish Times).

"working on a plan"? "in the next month"? They should have started going into arms from Tuesday morning, how much of a "plan" do you need... just tell the pharmacies they can start using the stock on the shelves to vaccinate anyone interested ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 38,438 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

rm212 wrote: »
    "working on a plan"? "in the next month"? They should have started going into arms from Tuesday morning, how much of a "plan" do you need... just tell the pharmacies they can start using the stock on the shelves to vaccinate anyone interested ffs

The HSE reps prob on there holiers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mr.S wrote: »
    It's a strange one alright, there's obviously some level of bureaucracy but it can't be that much?

I'd imagine they'll be ready to go soon.

Its the HSE . Enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Strazdas wrote: »
    Apparently they are working on a plan to vaccinate the under 35s with J & J through pharmacies in the next month. It's thought there could be as many as 180,000 doses available by the end of July (Irish Times).

We've been disappointed by J&J so many times that I wouldn't hold my breath. Is that Emergent Biosolutions facility even up and running again?

I feel like this thread knew J&J was going to disappoint months before the Irish government did.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

We've been disappointed by J&J so many times that I wouldn't hold my breath. Is that Emergent Biosolutions facility even up and running again?

I feel like this thread knew J&J was going to disappoint months before the Irish government did.

Well, we should know what is happening very soon. The under 35s portal is due to open later next week and this pharmacies idea should be part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DoodleDooBoo

Hi Guys,
    Hopefully putting this in the right spot and hopefully someone might be able to either offer assistance or might be in the same boat and make me feel better! I got my first vaccine, Moderna at my GP on the 13th May as I qualifed under a medical cohort. At the time they had told me they were advised by the HSE that they wouldn't receive any further doses of moderna so I wouldn't be able to get my second shot there, but that they would assist me in locating one through the HSE.

Today marks the 3rd week that I am overdue for my second dose,ie i should have gotten it today 3 weeks ago. I've got a case logged with the HSE for the last 3 weeks and one day since I was advised by the GP to follow up with them, and every time I call the HSE for an update they just say your case is logged there's no update. I'm also unable to register myself online since my PPS number is in use from when the GP sent my name to the HSE. I've asked to speak with a supervisor or team lead at the HSE call center but they just say no one is available. Basically, I feel like I am up against a brick wall and its quite upsetting at this stage. The GP just keeps saying its nothing to do with us we cant help you.
    Has anyone got any ideas or advice? All gratefully received at this point!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Hi Guys,
    Hopefully putting this in the right spot and hopefully someone might be able to either offer assistance or might be in the same boat and make me feel better! I got my first vaccine, Moderna at my GP on the 13th May as I qualifed under a medical cohort. At the time they had told me they were advised by the HSE that they wouldn't receive any further doses of moderna so I wouldn't be able to get my second shot there, but that they would assist me in locating one through the HSE.

Today marks the 3rd week that I am overdue for my second dose,ie i should have gotten it today 3 weeks ago. I've got a case logged with the HSE for the last 3 weeks and one day since I was advised by the GP to follow up with them, and every time I call the HSE for an update they just say your case is logged there's no update. I'm also unable to register myself online since my PPS number is in use from when the GP sent my name to the HSE. I've asked to speak with a supervisor or team lead at the HSE call center but they just say no one is available. Basically, I feel like I am up against a brick wall and its quite upsetting at this stage. The GP just keeps saying its nothing to do with us we cant help you.
    Has anyone got any ideas or advice? All gratefully received at this point!

Sorry to hear you are in limbo and I don’t really have an answer for you but I feel your GP should not have given you the first shot if they knew they were not going to be able to administer a second shot.
    All you can do is keep ringing the HSE daily or multiple times a day till you get an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

There's 100k in storage here already + 40k with chemists.

Need to get them administered asap. Not sure what the big hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

harr wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you are in limbo and I don’t really have an answer for you but I feel your GP should not have given you the first shot if they knew they were not going to be able to administer a second shot.
    All you can do is keep ringing the HSE daily or multiple times a day till you get an answer.

Yes . Agree with you there as second doses are meant to be accounted for , maybe the HSE were not notified in time or GP should have called dbb in for their second dose .
    All can do is keep on to HSE helpline every day .
    Probably waiting on another delivery of Moderna , and there must be some others needing odd doses like that .

harr wrote: »
    I completely agree, the GP definitely shouldn't have administered the first dose, but I guess at the same time no one wants these things wasted! I just wish I hadn't been left out on a limb on my own to deal with the HSE.. wouldn't even mind waiting if I knew the GP was also advocating for me on my behalf with them.

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Yes . Agree with you there as second doses are meant to be accounted for , maybe the HSE were not notified in time or GP should have called dbb in for their second dose .
    All can do is keep on to HSE helpline every day .
    Probably waiting on another delivery of Moderna , and there must be some others needing odd doses like that .
    I will keep calling the HSE. I wouldn't mind but I have been so polite to the guys in the call center any time I spoke with them and I keep hoping one of them will think here is there anything further I can follow up with for this nice lady on the phone to help her out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Apogee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Apogee wrote: »

+64, 867

Amazing

In the next few weeks we'll have sorted the vulnerable and then even more of the younger cohort will be done. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭Cork2021

funnydoggy wrote: »
    +64, 867

Amazing

In the next few weeks we'll have sorted the vulnerable and then even more of the younger cohort will be done. Brilliant.

On the younger cohorts,
    Asked the nurse today at the GPs vaccine clinic what were they actually doing she said 30-39 year olds with some 40+ second doses this Thursday and hopefully next 2 Thursdays finish the 30’s and move to the 20’s and so on! Gp is moving quickly through his patient list

Cork2021 wrote: »
    On the younger cohorts,
    Asked the nurse today at the GPs vaccine clinic what were they actually doing she said 30-39 year olds with some 40+ second doses this Thursday and hopefully next 2 Thursdays finish the 30’s and move to the 20’s and so on! Gp is moving quickly through his patient list

Where are you based in Cork? Haha! My GP is great but not heard a peep from him. Great to see though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Cork2021 wrote: »
    On the younger cohorts,

Heard the same. Friend in late 20s got the call this week from his GP and said there was near 30 people queued up outside waiting for the vaccine.

My parents early 60s got the second AZ dose recently too.

Where are you based in Cork? Haha! My GP is great but not heard a peep from him. Great to see though!

Kanturk, I dunno how they all differ though, why some do it and others don’t

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Heard the same. Friend in late 20s got the call this week from his GP and said there was near 30 people queued up outside waiting for the vaccine.

My parents early 60s got the second AZ dose recently too.

That’s brilliant, will plough through them so

These vaccines will catch up with the variant in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Bsharp

Jealous but great to hear, sounds like there'll be whole swathes of Ireland where Covid will struggle to take hold very soon.

Bsharp wrote: »
    Jealous but great to hear, sounds like there'll be whole swathes of Ireland where Covid will struggle to take hold very soon.

Little pockets of herd immunity which will grow and grow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,438 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

These vaccines will catch up with the variant in no time.

Hopefully but then the problem will be the government/NPHET won't accept it

Advertisement