Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jammyd wrote: »
    Sorry I’m confused still plenty of people who haven’t gotten appointments myself included 35 and from next week 18-34 can essentially Walk into a pharmacy and get the 1 dose shot, you couldn’t make this s$$t up

Im the same. I'm 34 but 35 this year so I'm wondering if i can chance going in to a pharmacy

Vicxas wrote: »
    Im the same. I'm 34 but 35 this year so I'm wondering if i can chance going in to a pharmacy

Course you can, you're 34. Ring them and make an appointment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Vicxas wrote: »

You could have registered weeks back if you were born in 1986.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I see one of my friends today got vaccinated with astrazeneca, she's 32, so they most have relaxed a lot of restrictions on age groups.

ugh should have read the full tweet

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Potis 2020

everlast75 wrote: »
    I know a guy who can get you a good fake i.d. :)

I suspect it's about getting that younger cohort vaccinated quickly and allow the regular roll out to continue as it has been for the last few months. A pincer movement if you will

Does this mean that the 35 - 40 age bracket will have to take Astra Zeneca? I'm 36 and registered last week and not too pleased at the prospect of AZ considering that it is now miraculously 'safe' to take if you're under 60. Maybe I missed something in the news to state otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Potis 2020 wrote: »
    Does this mean that the 35 - 40 age bracket will have to take Astra Zeneca? I'm 36 and registered last week and not too pleased at the prospect of AZ considering that it is now miraculously 'safe' to take if you're under 60. Maybe I missed something in the news to state otherwise.

35-40 are getting Pfizer atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The miniscule risk from side effects is now outweighed by the larger risk from COVID infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

josip wrote: »
    This is disingenuous.
    Vaccine rollout is not linear which makes your association of "18 months", with the percentages, invalid.

That's correct, but doesn't change the fact humanity still didn't suppress the virus on a global scale 18 months in. Not even close.
    Do you think we have unlimited time? I don't. I think we should have grasped the initial opportunity way better. There aren't always second chances. Again, I hope you guys are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

So, J&J will be available to people from 18-34 and over 50?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

35-40 are getting Pfizer atm.

39yo and received Moderna this week in vaccination centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭MeheeHohee

Have an appointment in boots for Janssen vaccinebookd for tomorrow, am in the under 40 cohort. Wondering should I ring them and see if it will go ahead or just play dumb and show up tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Its extremely unlikely that you will get AZ as it's being prioritised to complete the vaccination for over 60's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Mr.S wrote: »
    I am happy I spent the last few days registering on lists for J&J :D Who's going to ring me first!

This will slow down the process, register on 1 maybe 2 lists at most :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

33 and getting my first dose of Pfizer on Wednesday. Wonder could I cancel and go for the single-jab J and J in the meantime? Although I am happy enough to get my original vaccine, especially when the second appointment is only four weeks later, after waiting this long.

No, you'll get Pfizer or Moderna.

Looks like when they open registration to the next group there will be an option to put yourself forward for AZ if you want, but you don't have to. Another thing people on here suggested months ago but were told it was far to difficult to do, turns out it's really not!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'm 39 and had a BioNtech-Pfizer on Tuesday
    My partner is 38 and she had a BioNtech-Pfizer yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Boots still down. They're definitely doing the last few bits to the registration process before going live.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Boots still down. They're definitely doing the last few bits to the registration process before going live.

I'm refreshing their page every couple of minutes here :D

I'm refreshing their page every couple of minutes here :D

I have the mammy on it too. She has my PPS and work schedule in front of her lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭cgcsb

I despair, here we are going into a 4th wave with this India Varient, when are we going to get serious about this Pandemic. You can forgive the 1st wave and maybe the second but the Govt could have done more to stop the 3rd and 4th wave. While most of use were staying in and following rules people were flying in and out of this country willy nilly and afaics it is still happenning. We are an Island, how can it be so hard to keep varients we know about that originated abroad out of the country.

We would have haven to bomb both Belfast airports' runways because they refused to put any control on flying to England, even when it was rampant there and the kent variant emerged. Over christmas people used the Belfast airport to travel between Ireland and England because flights to the UK were banned in the republic for a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Timeline for younger age groups if they wanted to wait for Pfizer or Moderna.

Personally I think J&J and AZ will be very popular with younger groups. Already reports of pharmacy phone lines being very busy

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1410875798333034498?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭cheezums

Online system seems to be experiencing a lot of problems. I rang helpline and she said there are delays of 4 to 5 weeks for some reason. Rang gp got an appointment immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Registered here for my local pharmacy for the J&J.

https://www.mccabespharmacy.com/covid-register

Rang them and they said they have no info at present and it will be late next week when in contact with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Mr.S wrote: »
    If it speeds it up for the general population, then it's a good thing either way.

If you are 35 you are going to get your shot very soon, regardless.

I’m all for accelerating the rollout, I know countless people in the 35-39 cohort still waiting for appointments. Would it not make sense to open to everyone at this point, essentially they are skipping over an entire cohort who will now be potentially weeks behind the cohort below some areas mine included have massive backlogs, seems a bit unfair to have to wait even longer to be honest but fairness and transparency seem to have gone out the window with this rollout

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cian59

From ringing the pharmacies, it seems like the first they heard of this was with everyone else this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

https://twitter.com/ZaraKing/status/1410874095374327808

Is this accurate? Do you need to book with the pharmacy or just show up?

shmeee wrote: »
    Registered here for my local pharmacy for the J&J.

https://www.mccabespharmacy.com/covid-register

Rang them and they said they have no info at present and it will be late next week when in contact with people.

Yeah I think from reading more on this it'll probably be Monday before they get around to making appointments and probably Monday to accept names onto waiting lists if they aren't already doing so.

Prof MacCraith says registration from Monday
    https://twitter.com/muirtheimhne/status/1410877630371536899?s=20

wadacrack wrote: »

You'll need to register with a pharmacy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

wadacrack wrote: »

Book. list of pharmacys here.

https://www2.hse.ie/Apps/Services/PharmaciesServiceList.aspx

• Advertisement

Mammy rang boots (though I told her online is best):

"I got through to south douglas rd and she told me they cant take appointments yet because they dont know how much stock their getting until later on"

O Sullivan's pharmacy told me the same thing a minute ago when I rang them.

Advertisement