Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

darem93 wrote: »
    Stupid question, but the Boots website is saying to make sure I'm over 50 but yet when I enter all my details it's still giving me available appointments.

Am I able to take one of these or are these only for the over 50s?

It's hard to say. I tried booking one earlier in the week and they called me to cancel. That might not be the case now given the announcement this morning. Might also depend on your local branch. I'd say the best thing to do is call them and ask before booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭shawki

darem93 wrote: »
    Stupid question, but the Boots website is saying to make sure I'm over 50 but yet when I enter all my details it's still giving me available appointments.

Am I able to take one of these or are these only for the over 50s?

Sounds you are on the Pfizer page or you selected the wrong age cohort. When I got into J&J, I had to select my age cohort which was "25-34"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Has anyone registered with boots today even though it still says over 50s? im 33

Registered with boots, 32. J&J booked for Tuesday coming. Magic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

shmeee wrote: »
    Registered with boots, 32. J&J booked for Tuesday coming. Magic!

Where are you :pac:

Era. I've contacted lots of local pharmacies and registered my interests!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

Padre_Pio wrote: »

Boots in the Jervis Shopping seems to have several free slots for the end of July, booked myself one just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I'm just after picking up a few things from my local pharmacy, asked if they were taking names for the vaccine, they were. The woman taking my details said they only found out this morning like the rest of us so yeah I'd say it will be a while before they get details on deliveries.

She also mentioned they already have a long list so I'd advise anyone interested to give their details to their pharmacy as early as they can.

No surprise that it's very popular, can see the portal opening on the 12th also being very popular. Great to see though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hickeys wont let you book yet

No surprise that it's very popular, can see the portal opening on the 12th also being very popular. Great to see though

Definitely great to see. Despite all the absolute sh"ite we've gone through the last few days, our vaccine roll-out is getting better and better.

We'll have the virus on its knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭elefant

But every piece of this has been absolute chaos.

Is my positive Covid result from April tied to my PPS number? I seriously doubt it. I would have my doubts it's logged anywhere bar the text on my phone.

I fully expect to be offered a Johnson jab and have to correct them that they are wasting it on me.

Unfortunately some people who have already Covid wont bother.

You're stressing about something you're just completely guessing about - there's enough to be worried about without adding extra conjecture.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Hickeys wont let you book yet

I rang Hickeys in Cork City and they said they don't have any, but would be happy to sell me a hammer or a bucket of paint.. :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

So if you are between 18-34 and want to wait for a mRNA vaccine you have to wait to mid July to register on the portal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Xenji wrote: »
    So if you are between 18-34 and want to wait for a mRNA vaccine you have to wait to mid July to register on the portal?

30-34 from next Friday

Early August for 25-29 and mid August for 18-24

30-34 next Friday is the first day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Where are you :pac:

Era. I've contacted lots of local pharmacies and registered my interests!

Tipperary.

Tried Clonmel and they had about 5 slots Tuesday and 3 Wednesday. Got lucky as took 4 attempts as time I got form filled out, original booking time was gone.

Email and text confirmation received.

Now to get my passport renewed!

Pure luck to be honest and now boots booking portal seems to have crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Yes.
    And looking at the waiting lists for Jansen, it might end up faster at this rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

Cant get onto boots.ie but meaghers and mccabes pharmacy have bookings opened

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

I have an appointment for J&J in Boots in Cavan for next Saturday the 10th. Over the moon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

elefant wrote: »
    You're stressing about something you're just completely guessing about - there's enough to be worried about without adding extra conjecture.

Not stressing at all. Just fullt aware that our useless government will give thousands of Covid recovered people a one jab dose that should be used on others. Why wouldn't they? It's what they do

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Not stressing at all. Just fullt aware that our useless government will give thousands of Covid recovered people a one jab dose that should be used on others. Why wouldn't they? It's what they do
    Well, it's a choice between getting yet another list together and asking you your age. Simple is always better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Mr.S wrote: »
    I popped into 2 local pharmacies on my way home just to ask about demand - they said they have to turn off the phone because they are getting hounded.

Happy out with my Boots appointment in 2 weeks.

I've rang ten pharmacies and getting dial tones haha - cant find one to book. Also whoever says they are putting their names down with loads of pharmacies - stop that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

How are people booking with boots? I cant even get on the website...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,971 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

BrosnanL27 wrote: »
    It's sh1te being 35-39....how long will we be waiting I wonder.

I am sure it was sh1t been older or underlying condition for quiet s long time last year and this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

How are people booking with boots? I cant even get on the website...

All bookings are gone. I should have booked 2 weeks in the future last week when this announcement was hinted at :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

BrosnanL27 wrote: »
    It's sh1te being 35-39....how long will we be waiting I wonder.

Ah get over yourself. You'll have a vaccine in the next two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭airy fairy

As I said in another post, I booked in my local pharmacy in kinsale at 9:10, no issues, booked in for Saturday July 10th

What Kinsale pharmacy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

This is my understanding re change in ages for vaccines. It's not that they weren't safe. All vaccines have risks of side effects.
    They decided that the risks of side effects from the vaccine was greater than the risk of covid in younger age groups.
    Now with delta which is highly transmissible and resulting in higher numbers of younger people with serious illness from it, the risk from covid is higher than the risk for the vaccine so younger age groups now able to get it.
    It's all about balancing the risk from covid vs the risk from the vaccine as best as possible

In addition they now understand the risks better and have better treatments to the most severe side effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mumser

My sons are trying to get slots for boots but coming up with none in lots of the stores. They are 18-24. Might the stores be implementing slots according to age?

Government statement on the latest changes.

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/eba88-covid-19-vaccine-rollout-at-pharmacies-expanded-to-include-younger-age-groups/#

"people are asked to contact their local participating pharmacy from Monday to book an appointment for the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,971 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

But every piece of this has been absolute chaos.

Is my positive Covid result from April tied to my PPS number? I seriously doubt it. I would have my doubts it's logged anywhere bar the text on my phone.

I fully expect to be offered a Johnson jab and have to correct them that they are wasting it on me.

Unfortunately some people who have already Covid wont bother.

You do know just because you had Covid it does not mean you are now safe. Yes it gives you antibodies but not for as long as a vaccine. So no getting the full vaccine be it 1 or 2 shot is not wasted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cian59

Jervis Boots has lots of slots available but nearly 3 weeks away

Advertisement