Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Mumser wrote: »
    My sons are trying to get slots for boots but coming up with none in lots of the stores. They are 18-24. Might the stores be implementing slots according to age?

I think stephenjmcd is right in terms of them trying to get some stuff sorted given the short notice. Best try again Monday maybe but keep registering in other pharmacies like me! I've registered with at least 4 now (29). Gonna stop though in all fairness.

EDIT: Just saw Stephen's post above -- https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117568833&postcount=4525

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

My sons are trying to get slots for boots but coming up with none in lots of the stores. They are 18-24. Might the stores be implementing slots according to age?
    Probably doing nothing yet. It's only been announced and they are not Ticketmaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

How are people booking with boots? I cant even get on the website...

https://www.boots.ie/health-pharmacy-advice/vaccinations/covid-vaccination

Select the J&J and then you select your age group during booking process.

Pure luck TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

No its to do with supply, pharmacy's have an existing supply in store, looks like they've not been told yet what their allocation will be out of circa 100k J&J in HSE storage, expect more slots when that's clarified, I'd check in on the site every now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Boots booked for myself and the wife in Jervis, anything local was completely gone

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

I've booked a slot for Boots, went in by the Pfizer link and then changed the drop-down to "COVID-19 Vaccination" (non-Pfizer).

Under 25 here, not sure if it'll be cancelled but worth a shot I suppose (no pun intended :pac: )!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

Weird, boots just cancelled my appointment.

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    Weird, boots just cancelled my appointment.

Were you sneaky and tried to get Pfizer?

Why are people registering in 5 or more pharmacies? At some point pharmacies will stop taking names due to demand, so you're potentially preventing four other people from getting their name down. Have a small bit of patience FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

Vicxas wrote: »
    Were you sneaky and tried to get Pfizer?

Nope j&j

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Why are people registering in 5 or more pharmacies? At some point pharmacies will stop taking names due to demand, so you're potentially preventing four other people from getting their name down. Have a small bit of patience FFS.

Who's doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

I went through my list and saw I booked 4, but said I'd stop as it's not fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    Nope j&j

Under 50? Their site still says they're only taking appointments for over 50s at the moment.

Who's doing this?

A poster on the previous page.

Under 50? Their site still says they're only taking appointments for over 50s at the moment.

It asks you for your age bracket when you're filling out the form

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Can't seem to get past stage 1 - Appointment Type.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

There are also stories that pharmacy’s will not open a vial until they have 5 people there. If someone doesn’t show, they send the rest home. Seems a bit extreme to me, maybe at the end of the day that could be needed but I’d imagine you just hold those who showed until someone from the next slot arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cian59

Mr.S wrote: »
    It's very likely most places haven't a clue how much stock they are getting, so next week is probably when a lot of places will issue bookings.

I have a small doubt that the Boots bookings will be cancelled and are based on current stock levels for 50+.

I have a feeling they will be. However, you could argue that if there's an appointment there it was because they did have stock for the 50+ group.

It depends if they see the stock for 50+ as different to the U35 stock

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mumser

They got slots for Jervis Centre. Thanks a million.
    Entered all data truthfully so hopefully it won’t be cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

I despair, here we are going into a 4th wave with this India Varient, when are we going to get serious about this Pandemic. You can forgive the 1st wave and maybe the second but the Govt could have done more to stop the 3rd and 4th wave. While most of use were staying in and following rules people were flying in and out of this country willy nilly and afaics it is still happenning. We are an Island, how can it be so hard to keep varients we know about that originated abroad out of the country.

Completely agree. Should be mandatory isolation facilities for positive cases and their close contacts as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭airy fairy

I've went into all the nearby Boots and it's still reading over 50, fair enough. But I go ahead with the yes' and it brings me to appointments.
    No appointments available for July.
    Local chemists taking names, but have no idea of supply.

Was this announcement a peace offering for the indoor dining fiasco during the week?
    Is there a huge delivery of J&J or is it simply getting rid of the surplus from chemists we've read about all week?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,246 ✭✭✭✭km79

Boots booking page won’t load for me ?

km79 wrote: »
    Boots booking page won’t load for me ?

Lots of people trying to get on, keep trying refresh

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Booked in for July 21st in Jervis.

Entered all of my details truthfully and didn't pretend to be over 50. If they cancel, so be it. But I don't think they will after the announcements of this morning.

airy fairy wrote: »
    I've went into all the nearby Boots and it's still reading over 50, fair enough. But I go ahead with the yes' and it brings me to appointments.
    No appointments available for July.
    Local chemists taking names, but have no idea of supply.

Was this announcement a peace offering for the indoor dining fiasco during the week?
    Is there a huge delivery of J&J or is it simply getting rid of the surplus from chemists we've read about all week?
    It came from NIAC before the NPHET letter, the HSE have been asking them about it. The CMO claims he asked too, not actually his job mind, but he still asked!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Best try again Monday maybe but keep registering in other pharmacies like me! I've registered with at least 4 now (29).

Mother of God!

Completely agree. Should be mandatory isolation facilities for positive cases and their close contacts as well.
    Yeah, just as well you're nowhere near any decision making, every hotel in the country would be full.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Vicxas wrote: »
    It asks you for your age bracket when you're filling out the form

I know, I filled it out earlier in the week and had my appointment cancelled :pac:

Hopefully that won't be the case for people registering today after the update, but given the fact the main vaccination page still says over 50s only it's really hard to be sure what will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Jammyd wrote: »
    Sorry I’m confused still plenty of people who haven’t gotten appointments myself included 35 and from next week 18-34 can essentially Walk into a pharmacy and get the 1 dose shot, you couldn’t make this s$$t up

They shouldn't put an age on it. Should be anyone over 18. I'd gladly take the j&j next week if I could and just be done with the whole thing. But I already got my first shot of Pfizer last week.

Advertisement