Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

So, I need to know if you get the jassen can you still get the mrna?

xboxdad wrote: »
    My wife got her appointment for her 2nd dose of Pfizer.
    I'm wondering if I can advise her to ignore the questionnaire and just show up/play dumb at Aviva? I know she'll be asked at the MVC again - anyways, but we really don't want her appointment cancelled and I'm not sure which is more risky - exposing ourselves to the portal bug or not complying with the requirements.
    Does anyone here have 1st hand experience on this please?

It's fine. I ignored the text and got my vaccine yesterday, they don't even ask if you did it online. They ask the questions anyway and it takes no more than a minute. There's nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Flying Fox wrote: »
    It's fine. I ignored the text and got my vaccine yesterday, they don't even ask if you did it online. They ask the questions anyway and it takes no more than a minute. There's nothing to worry about.

Thank you. It's nice to hear it went well at the MVC. Let's just ignore those texts so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

They cancelling boots Jannsen appointments?

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

They cancelling boots Jannsen appointments?

Why?

Because how can they commit if they don’t know how many doses they’re getting?
    The government publication says make appointments from monday, not today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

There were slots there so assuming doses in stock already

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Bsharp

A lot of pharmacies are registering interest before assigning appointments. Makes sense to have an idea of demand beforehand to effectively plan for supplies available.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

On a related (pedantic) question, I can see that there are separate stages in the portal for "consent" and "medical questions". I know that it's best to avoid the medical questions due to the glitch and you'll get to answer them in the centre anyway, but is it the same for "consent", i.e. can you ignore this part too and just show up at the centre with your text?

Still no appointment for me anyway, haven't seen any 35's in Dublin getting their appointments yet. Getting eager now, attending a wedding at the end of the month and I figure literally even a bare one dose of protection is better than no protection!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

SusanC10 wrote: »
    In light of the concern on the Delta variant and the acceleration of the Vaccine Programme, has NIAC made any decision yet on extending the programme in due course to children aged 12-15 to receive Pfizer as approved by EMA ?

I know that it will take some time to reach this Group but even just to know the decision would be helpful.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0702/1232591-virus-covid-19/

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-records-over-300-new-daily-covid-cases-for-first-time-since-april/

Eagerly awaiting this to happen, have a 13 year old who’s immune system is poor due to various medical issues.. it would take us back to some normality to have him vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

stevek93 wrote: »
    So, I need to know if you get the jassen can you still get the mrna?

Not immediately, but there will likely be booster doses offered eventually. Maybe over the winter.

• Advertisement

On a related (pedantic) question, I can see that there are separate stages in the portal for "consent" and "medical questions". I know that it's best to avoid the medical questions due to the glitch and you'll get to answer them in the centre anyway, but is it the same for "consent", i.e. can you ignore this part too and just show up at the centre with your text?

Still no appointment for me anyway, haven't seen any 35's in Dublin getting their appointments yet. Getting eager now, attending a wedding at the end of the month and I figure literally even a bare one dose of protection is better than no protection!

Yeah, I didn't go anywhere near the portal after I got the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Yeah, I didn't go anywhere near the portal after I got the text.

Brilliant to get this clarity, thanks!

Now just need to stop refreshing the portal 5 times a day. Think I could be waiting awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

I know some people who won't be getting vaccinated and won't be telling their bosses citing privacy reasons.
    A mates sister also won't be as Facebook has some information an their that vaccines are too dangerous. Absolute no talking to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

SusanC10 wrote: »
    In light of the concern on the Delta variant and the acceleration of the Vaccine Programme, has NIAC made any decision yet on extending the programme in due course to children aged 12-15 to receive Pfizer as approved by EMA ?

I know that it will take some time to reach this Group but even just to know the decision would be helpful.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0702/1232591-virus-covid-19/

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-records-over-300-new-daily-covid-cases-for-first-time-since-april/
    Doubt there will be time this summer in the scramble to do all the adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

is_that_so wrote: »
    Doubt there will be time this summer in the scramble to do all the adults.

No, I don't expect it over the Summer. But I would like confirmation that Pfizer will be offered to Age 12-15 in Ireland. Whenever they have sufficient stocks to do so.

baldbear wrote: »
    I know some people who won't be getting vaccinated and won't be telling their bosses citing privacy reasons.
    A mates sister also won't be as Facebook has some information an their that vaccines are too dangerous. Absolute no talking to her.
    Best not to talk to her about it if all it does is start arguments; it is a personal choice. It's only an issue for the population at large if too many people take that approach By the looks of things it's not a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

For me, it's my boss who won't get it... :confused:

techdiver wrote: »
    What is the thoughts on mixing AZ and J&J. My mother is still waiting on her second AZ dose bit could easily get a J&J shot at her pharmacy instead. From my reading their is no concern about mixing of vaccines, but I'm assuming the since both vaccines are quite similar that a J&J dose could substitute as a second AZ dose?
    I doubt they'd give it to her and AZ second doses are underway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Honestly I wouldn't be bothered either, but Im happy to take it to avoid the hassle and testing costs of travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Brilliant to get this clarity, thanks!

Now just need to stop refreshing the portal 5 times a day. Think I could be waiting awhile.

I think the portal is just there as a way for them and you to have a record so they know you got the vaccine and as to when you got the vaccine.

I got a call the day before I went over for my first one and then a text on the morning. I think the text was meant to be on the day before I got mine however I went over on the day I got the text and still got my vaccine a day early :)
    I am still raging that I was not giving the Janssen vaccine do as that's what was promised for 40 years and above but yet now they are going to give them to the 18 to 35 age group which is not fair and was never even mentioned before.
    I just want to get my second dose now hopefully whitin a couple of weeks time and not have to worry about getting the Delta strain of Covid.

Ye I know a few as well however I am hoping they will see sense and change there minds.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

Tony H wrote: »
    Thanks , she is a very determined kind of person so she might give it a lash anyway ,
    It's irritating that they are not sticking to sorting it out by age
    but I can't talk I registered early and she didn't want the Az vaccine under any circumstances ,how things change .

had my second a couple of hours ago and the missus came with me , queried why she hadn't gotten an appointment yet and asked if they could help ,

two minutes later a very friendly guy said all sorted , go in and get your vaccine so a very successful day all around ,
    at least some people are not sticking to a script and using a little bit of cop on .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Had registered on the portal a week ago but then the local GP had a slot today so I've had my first jab there, is there anything I need to do regarding my original registration?

Had registered on the portal a week ago but then the local GP had a slot today so I've had my first jab there, is there anything I need to do regarding my original registration?

Maybe call the helpline and cancel the portal process?

Now getting vaccinated in Northern Ireland, since the Government says the EU Travel Cert will apply to northern residents.

Interesting thing about booking on their portal, is they ask under-40s whether you would accept Astra Zeneca or not (I said No, and still got an appointment for tomorrow)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Tony H wrote: »
    had my second a couple of hours ago and the missus came with me , queried why she hadn't gotten an appointment yet and asked if they could help ,

two minutes later a very friendly guy said all sorted , go in and get your vaccine so a very successful day all around ,
    at least some people are not sticking to a script and using a little bit of cop on .

That's great. I would say they were delighted. The more they get done the better for them and for everyone else in the country.
    I would say just let them know so they can update it if it's possible. I have only been on my portal once. Its not the easiest to log into.
    Also I know your doctor might have the date you got your first jab down or in his computer but better to mark it or right it down somewhere yourself and maybe mark 4 or 8 weeks from it so you will know when you are due you second vaccine jab.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Ah get over yourself. You'll have a vaccine in the next two weeks.

Haha fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I'm 31 and want to get the Jannsen vaccine in a pharmacy. It said on RTE news that's available to people who have "opted in" how do I do that? Just contact the pharmacy?

I'm 31 and want to get the Jannsen vaccine in a pharmacy. It said on RTE news that's available to people who have "opted in" how do I do that? Just contact the pharmacy?

sounds like it. Probably ideally shop around, as one pharmacist on the radio said 200 people rang and joined her waiting list only this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes indeed. It simply means you ring (or email perhaps) the pharmacy and request an appointment for a vaccination with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Ok thanks very much there are ten within 2km of me so surely one can fit me in.

Advertisement