Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

What has been the experience with HSE on 2nd dose rescheduling?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Lumen wrote: »
    if we want to avoid vaccinating children and cannot tolerate either endless infection controls in school or naturally acquired immunity through infection, then we're going to need near 100% vaccine coverage of all 3.8m adults.

Very important/interesting topic.
    One thing that further complicates the picture:

As I understand it, herd immunity is based on the unvaccinated mixing with the vaccinated randomly. E.g. vaccinated ppl act like a barrier between unvaccinated ppl.

..but if children are the unvaccinated group, that doesn't satisfy this requirement. As they are kept together in large groups (creche, school, etc...) without say 80% vaccinated (adults) acting as barriers between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Apogee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

twomonkeys wrote: »
    That is something you should ask your doctor.
    For what it's worth, if your procedure is by local anesthetic you should be fine (was in that situation myself) but it’s something to discuss with your doctor, not random people on a public forum.
    degsie wrote: »
    Nobody here is going to give medical advice. You need to consult with your GP or some other qualified medical professional.

I'm not looking for medical advice, I'm looking for any links to official, general HSE FAQ info that may cover this issue. I can't find any such link, but have found it for just about every other country in the world, so assume I'm just missing it in the maze that is the HSE website covid info section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Really flying through the 2nd doses for the 60-69, up about 70000 from the figures given on the 29th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Senor Frog wrote: »
    Can anybody answer this question for me ?
    My mother got the first dose of the A.Z vaccine ,
    She would prefer to get a pfizer vaccine for second dose , as she has read that the mixing of vaccines provides greater immunity to delta variant . She is due to get second dose of A.Z vaccine next Thursday , can she refuse and request Pfizer ?

I have tried to find out by searching online but all the results are for outside of Ireland . Are we currently mixing vaccine types here at all?

T.I.A

No they are not mixing. If she refuses second AZ they won't offer her an alternative. I hope they will give an mRNA booster to over 60s in Winter to balance this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

More than 2.5 million first doses now.

More people with a dose than not in the country now.

Not the most reliable source but this is pretty much what I heard today. They're just trying to speed everything up

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/covid-vaccine-ireland-hse-issue-24452866

This talks about giving consent which step only applies to 1st dose.

What about 2nd dose? There is no consent to be given, but a set of medical questions are still to be answered and I heard it has the bug that can cancel your appointment by accident.

So I wonder can we still skip answering the medical questions before the 2nd dose - in the light of this announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I got the follow up text this morning for a 2nd appointment Tuesday. Logged on and answered question with no problems.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

xboxdad wrote: »
    Very important/interesting topic.
    One thing that further complicates the picture:

As I understand it, herd immunity is based on the unvaccinated mixing with the vaccinated randomly. E.g. vaccinated ppl act like a barrier between unvaccinated ppl.

..but if children are the unvaccinated group, that doesn't satisfy this requirement. As they are kept together in large groups (creche, school, etc...) without say 80% vaccinated (adults) acting as barriers between them.

But with children, who are not really susceptible at all, it should just be a casedemic if anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Bit late to the chat on the Romanian doses but what I don't get it's how there's not a demand from rest of Europe looking for these surpluses? It know take up is a not as high as here but surely there were other countries that would have bitten their hand off for them?

Also does Ireland need to give any of their normal allocation back to Romania as they need them or has the programme just ground to a halt there?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Had the second jab yesterday and last night was sweating, had a headache and energy was gone.

2 people I know who also had the jab yesterday were the same so the side effects seem to be a bit worse for the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭irishlad.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

lbj666 wrote: »
    Bit late to the chat on the Romanian doses but what I don't get it's how there's not a demand from rest of Europe looking for these surpluses? It know take up is a not as high as here but surely there were other countries that would have bitten their hand off for them?

Also does Ireland need to give any of their normal allocation back to Romania as they need them or has the programme just ground to a halt there?

Romania to sell excess COVID-19 vaccines to Denmark
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/romania-sell-excess-covid-19-vaccines-denmark-2021-06-29/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lumen wrote: »

Aren’t we getting some also from Romania?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

leahyl wrote: »
    Aren’t we getting some also from Romania?
    That's the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭techdiver

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1411633546633039874?s=19

HSE in a nutshell. This has been reported for ****in weeks and he's not aware of it whilst simultaneously encouraging people to use it. It's amateur hour when it comes to IT in the HSE. Who do they get to develop these applications? Does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Thats good to know . I did say I was happy to corrected if the issue was remedied . There was an issue in the very beginning as I saw people interviewed who couldn’t apply as they only wanted a day or two a week . Glad its sorted now

I applied the first week the process began, started in the MVC the week it opened - part time work was envisaged all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,438 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

No word back from Mulligans Pharmacy yet (not even an email confirming I registered)

Can't find any other Pharmacy with an online registration portal open

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    No word back from Mulligans Pharmacy yet (not even an email confirming I registered)

Can't find any other Pharmacy with an online registration portal open

Give them a bit of time, you and hundreds others probably registered on Friday when they'd little to no idea what was going on

• Advertisement

But with children, who are not really susceptible at all, it should just be a casedemic if anything.

Unless long covid in asymptomatic ppl is truly a thing and it's not simply "prolonged tiredness". Will know in the coming decades. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭FrankN1

If you are travelling in Europe but fully vaccinated - do you still require negative PCR tests and is this due to change anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Baybay

FrankN1 wrote: »
    If you are travelling in Europe but fully vaccinated - do you still require negative PCR tests and is this due to change anytime soon?

Re-open EU is an app that has each European country requirements. Just select whichever country / countries you expect to be in & the information should be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Baybay wrote: »
    Re-open EU is an app that has each European country requirements. Just select whichever country / countries you expect to be in & the information should be there.

Also a website for those who don't want another app but it advises the app for the latest updates.

https://reopen.europa.eu/en

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Apogee

Reid on RTE This Week
    https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21977410

50k J+J in stock by pharmacies
    Extra 120k will be delievered to pharmacies next week
    Expect a total of 210k J+J administered in July
    850 pharmacies participating

End of July 68% fully vaccinated by including J+J

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LittleBrick

Genuine question: I am late 20's. Would people who have read the data and the research propose getting the J and J vaccine, or waiting an extra month or two and getting the Pfizer one instead?

Genuine question: I am late 20's. Would people who have read the data and the research propose getting the J and J vaccine, or waiting an extra month or two and getting the Pfizer one instead?
    Get a shot as soon as they give you one would be my suggestion.
    You can read about them here on this HSE page.

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The J&J Delta evidence increases the reasons for getting it significantly imo

One million doses now up for grabs from Israel in swap deal. Expire 31 July!
    Israel is in talks with other countries about a deal to unload its surplus of Pfizer/BioNtech COVID-19 vaccines, doses of which are due to expire by the end of the month, officials said on Sunday.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-negotiating-pfizer-surplus-with-other-countries-official-says-2021-07-04/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I'd take the J & J if offered it. It seems to be pretty effective against the Delta variant.

Advertisement