Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Elessar wrote: »
    36 this year, North Dublin, still waiting...

Tried my GP too but they stopped doing vaccinations

If you don't mind travelling a bit looks like some Hiickeys Pharmacys are taking registrations for Pfizer

https://www.hickeyspharmacies.ie/services/covid-vaccine/

Of interest - I note they are asking people to not to register with multiple pharmacies

I do think this could be an issue down the line ...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

mcgovern wrote: »
    38, North Kildare so would be City West, registered on 19th and nothing yet. All pharmacies near me are fully booked.
    That's only 16 days. Pharmacies will be like that for a week or two anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    120k J&J vaccines expected to be delivered to 750 pharmacies across the country this week. That's an average of 160 for each pharmacy.

Outside the headline, I have confirmed deliveries to 5 pharmacies so far. The earliest is Thursday, all 5 have been 100 but 3 of them are not until next monday. Bit of a disaster as we were hoping to run a large clinic over the weekends to get through them quicker. Two of the pharmacies would have capacity to deliver 300 a week so the headline 120k is questionable particularly the "this week" bit.

Positive news is at least its not 50.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Outside the headline, I have confirmed deliveries to 5 pharmacies so far. The earliest is Thursday, all 5 have been 100 but 3 of them are not until next monday. Bit of a disaster as we were hoping to run a large clinic over the weekends to get through them quicker. Two of the pharmacies would have capacity to deliver 300 a week so the headline 120k is questionable particularly the "this week" bit.

Positive news is at least its not 50.
    Baby steps! Good news anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

There is a vaccination appointment thread & many people seem to have done this successfully. Maybe have a read through that.

Only people who are registered on the portal can do this. Not registered & they have no record of you. It doesn't always work because I think they have a standby list for leftover vaccines.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

The normal registration for 30-34 opens friday presumably for MRNA vaccines. I've heard of some other portal opening friday also too for i guess az and jansen? Is this for anyone over 18? Can people register for both and see what comes up for them first if they are in the 30-34 age bracket?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The normal registration for 30-34 opens friday presumably for MRNA vaccines. I've heard of some other portal opening friday also too for i guess az and jansen? Is this for anyone over 18? Can people register for both and see what comes up for them first if they are in the 30-34 age bracket?

No, I believe the AZ and J & J portal opens for the over 18s next Monday in fact (the 12th).

Not sure about registering for both portals, but I assume it would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

L1011 wrote: »
    Depends very much on the MVC

Have you heard anything on rescheduled appointments for Croke Park.

The text I received after I requested a "New" appointment said they would get back in touch with me in the next few weeks. Seems a bit vague, I prefer definite time lines when dealing with government bodies.

I was reading in the Irish Times that, in older people anyway, leaving 12 weeks between Pfizer shots creates more antibodies and longer lasting immunity.

Link: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/delay-in-giving-second-pfizer-vaccine-dose-improves-immunity-study-finds-1.4564997

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

Strazdas wrote: »
    No, I believe the AZ and J & J portal opens for the over 18s next Monday in fact (the 12th).

Thanks. Just seems awkward to have 2 portals and just add the changes to the one we have but tbf don't want to mess up something that works already and could be very hard to operationalise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

Texted 'New' last Wednesday evening (to reschedule an appointment for Sunday).

Got new text late Friday evening with slot for tomorrow.

Cheers

Thanks. Just seems awkward to have 2 portals and just add the changes to the one we have but tbf don't want to mess up something that works already and could be very hard to operationalise.

The thing about registering for two portals is that the system knows when you have been vaccinated and I've heard it immediately cancels the other appointment for you i.e. the other guys know you are not coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Lucas Hood wrote: »

In 2 weeks time that Jansen number is going to rocket with all the pharmacists getting harassed for doses.

I wonder how they'll reflect the Jansen doses in the total doses given stat. Will they count one dose as 2 to keep the data consistent as it is a single dose vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Those figures (which match the hub) don't add up.

It adds up if you replace first doses with 2,510,189 as per the HSE dashboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭blackcard

Got my second Az dose today in Kilkenny, 8 weeks since my first dose. Told me that they were operating 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1400 doses per day. Arrived 22 minutes before my appointment time, got dosed 11 minutes before my appointment time and was back in my car 6 minutes before my appointment time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Jassgal wrote: »
    Hi all I've heard a few reports from people in the 20s and early 30s age groups who have shown up at the covid vaccine centres towards the end of the day and have been giving 'left over' vaccine. Not sure how true this is but worth a shot for anyone in that age group who would rather get the Pfizer jab!

If anyone has been able to avail of this I'd love to hear about it
    It’s very hit and miss I know a few who managed it but all were in late 30,s or early 40,s ... I honestly don’t think they would vaccinate someone outside the age group .
    The people I know chanced it after waiting 3 weeks and had not received a date .
    Some centres have a back up list but unsure how or who gets on this list .
    You might be better off ringing your GP to be honest.
    You also have the fact of having to know what vaccines that particular centre are doing on that day or if they are only doing second jabs or AZ only on a particular day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Evil_g wrote: »

I'm not sure which you're referring to. Looks like the first doses on hub include J&J. Hse site separate 1st dose and 1 dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Jassgal wrote: »
    Hi all I've heard a few reports from people in the 20s and early 30s age groups who have shown up at the covid vaccine centres towards the end of the day and have been giving 'left over' vaccine. Not sure how true this is but worth a shot for anyone in that age group who would rather get the Pfizer jab!

If anyone has been able to avail of this I'd love to hear about it

Not true unless they are registered. The only people who can get a "spare" vaccine are those that are registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Skygord

Evil_g wrote: »

It's the sum of 1st doses and single-shot.

• Advertisement

Strazdas wrote: »

Donnelly has said IT is there to address that so if it's already been done in an MVC, a pharmacist will have access to that data and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Responder XY

IS there a data hub that shows the % of each Cohort that has been completed? Not much use seeing that there are 222k vaccine doses adminstered in Cohort 1 if you don't know how many people are in Cohort 1?

cgcsb wrote: »
    In 2 weeks time that Jansen number is going to rocket with all the pharmacists getting harassed for doses.

I wonder how they'll reflect the Jansen doses in the total doses given stat. Will they count one dose as 2 to keep the data consistent as it is a single dose vaccine.
    They'll count it as fully vaccinated, but physically as one dose. Anything else makes no sense.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Donnelly has said IT is there to address that so if it's already been done in an MVC, a pharmacist will have access to that data and vice versa.

That's right - once a person has been vaccinated, it goes straight into the system and I believe any other appointment is automatically cancelled, you don't even need to ring to cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Evil_g

I'm not sure which you're referring to. Looks like the first doses on hub include J&J. Hse site separate 1st dose and 1 dose.

Ah. Sorry. I'd missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Thinking out loud here but I'm assuming if an 18-34 year old registers next Monday on the basis that they will accept AZ or J&J, say they haven't been vaccinated by the time the portal opens for Pfizer or Moderna, I'm assuming they can opt in to them at the time it opens?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

A question for anyone who has had the J&J shot; I’ve been called for an appointment Friday morning however my stag do is Saturday. I’m worried I’ll feel awful on Saturday and ruin all the planning my friends and family have put into it. I’m heavily leaning towards taking the appointment, would anyone advise otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

BigMo1 wrote: »
    A question for anyone who has had the J&J shot; I’ve been called for an appointment Friday morning however my stag do is Saturday. I’m worried I’ll feel awful on Saturday and ruin all the planning my friends and family have put into it. I’m heavily leaning towards taking the appointment, would anyone advise otherwise?

I suspect the hangover on Sunday will be worse than the jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

BigMo1 wrote: »

I'd take it to be honest but that's just me. I'd my first dose of Pfizer there 2 weeks ago and was expecting to feel crap. But nothing more than a sore arm which wasn't that bad.

Of my family so far we've not had anything more than sore arms and an inital bit of fatigue which came and went quickly.

At worst you might have 2 day hangover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Craig_David

Are the pharmacies pretty much all booked up at this stage ?

Advertisement