Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Chuck Norris 2021

radiospan wrote: »
    How many weeks since the first jab? I was told in Cork that the wait is currently 5 weeks between doses. (Heard 3 and 4 weeks other places)

It was 4 weeks on Sunday. If it falls on 5 weeks I'll be out of the country. I'll then have to isolate on return so it could be an extra two weeks before I can get it. I assume that won't be an issue with the HSE?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Will those 30 to 34s be able to grab a Janssen when they register this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Will those 30 to 34s be able to grab a Janssen when they register this week?

afaik it's a different portal that opens on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 15,266 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

GLaDOS wrote: »

Appointments starting from next week... those Romanian doses coming in handy so.

They had initially said 25-29 early August for registration from Pfizer & Moderna, would expect that to be brought forward a few weeks as well now so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Hi all, I should have had my second shot yesterday (Pfizer - City Hall Cork), but I'm still waiting on an appointment. Anyone know approximately how long the delay is at the moment? Have a lot of travel within the country to plan this week, and have to go abroad with work next week, so trying to plan.

Make sure to check the online portal if you haven't. A colleague never got a text but it was up on the portal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Cona44 wrote: »
    Anyone know what is happening with Pharmacy’s giving vaccine for 18-34s?

My local pharmacy’s are not taking bookings and just say they atr waiting for stock...
    It's not like turning on a tap, there are particular dates around J&J deliveries so be patient!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Chuck Norris 2021

Mimon wrote: »
    Make sure to check the online portal if you haven't. A colleague never got a text but it was up on the portal.

Thanks! I'm checking it a few times a day but still nothing. A neighbour who had an appointment for the first shot 15 minutes before me is also waiting. I wouldn't be bothered normally about the wait, it's just I'm hoping I won't have to delay it further due to travel commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's not like turning on a tap, there are particular dates around J&J deliveries so be patient!

To add to this - two of the pharmacies I contacted last week took the weekend to look at numbers etc. and realised they can't do vaccines because of staff shortages, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

https://twitter.com/irishvaccinebot/status/1412346719031808002?s=20

54,022 done yesterday. Hub updated before HSE site this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Considering we had expected a big slow down in the vaccinations through July the change to JJ/AZ plus the extra doses from Romanie means July is going to be a serious month. Should be seen big figures. End line in sight lads.

ADULT Population.

One above is ALL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

16+ I presume as that's who's eligible for jabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/irishvaccinebot/status/1412346719031808002?s=20

54,022 done yesterday. Hub updated before HSE site this morning.

They are showing no increase in J&J since Sunday (still on 72k), makes sense as presumably the pharmacies probably won't be updating their tallies daily.

Expect to see large jumps in J&J at the end of the week perhaps.

1huge1 wrote: »
    They are showing no increase in J&J since Sunday (still on 72k), makes sense as presumably the pharmacies probably won't be updating their tallies daily.

Expect to see large jumps in J&J at the end of the week perhaps.

HSE site says pharmacy totals arent included.

J&J went down 1 yesterday weirdly enough.

rm212 wrote: »
    After the 2 weeks.

So are border personel expected to check the date of your vaccine and know the time for a particular vaccine to become effective? Seems a big ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Called 8 pharmacies today and none taking bookings for J&J. One took a booking for Pfizer somehow so I’m currently waiting for that.

Is there a separate portal opening Monday for J&J? 30yo here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

cgcsb wrote: »
    So are border personel expected to check the date of your vaccine and know the time for a particular vaccine to become effective? Seems a big ask.

I'm pretty sure the covid digital pass would do that for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

1huge1 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the covid digital pass would do that for them.

I tried to answer this on the travel thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117602844&postcount=3468

• Advertisement

The media giving dribs and drabs of info as usual. So the portal is open to 30+ from tomorrow but no time stated. Is it from midnight tonight? from 6am? from 9am?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Appointments starting from next week... those Romanian doses coming in handy so.

They had initially said 25-29 early August for registration from Pfizer & Moderna, would expect that to be brought forward a few weeks as well now so

I think it more to do with the lack of uptake in 35-39 group than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The media giving dribs and drabs of info as usual. So the portal is open to 30+ from tomorrow but no time stated. Is it from midnight tonight? from 6am? from 9am?
    It's always from midnight. Always has been, always will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,437 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

More or so want the J&J causes its one shot and done

You'd be at a disadvantage with the others because there 2 shots and the vaccine passport is only for the fully vaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Has been around 6pm on the previous workday for the last few groups hasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

ceegee wrote: »
    It's open for every age group over 30 at the same time, it's just staggered to prevent too much website traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lyle

The last opening for 35-39 actually went live on the evening of Friday 18th June despite that cohort being told it opened on Sunday 20th. Whoever was responsible for opening the digital floodgates obviously didn't fancy doing it on a weekend!

Yeah it's goes live the evening before. In the case of the 35-39s it went live two days before.

eoinbn wrote: »
    I think it more to do with the lack of uptake in 35-39 group than anything.

What?

• Advertisement

Thanks, needs to be repeated in the media since we might not know.

Advertisement