Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,246 ✭✭✭✭km79

cgcsb wrote: »
    Thanks, needs to be repeated in the media since we might not know.

Try this evening around 7/8pm .......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

I'm moving apartments at the moment. Is there any issue with me registering at my brothers address? Don't want to miss any appointment card

Thanks, needs to be repeated in the media since we might not know.

Why? It's not first come first served, it goes by date of birth.

Registering on the stroke of midnight won't get you vaccinated any quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

OwlsZat wrote: »
    I'm moving apartments at the moment. Is there any issue with me registering at my brothers address? Don't want to miss any appointment card

For HSE it's a text

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

Flying Fox wrote: »

Not sure about that my boss and his wife registered right after each other and vaccinated 10 mins apart

• Registered Users Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Flying Fox wrote: »

No, but a bit like pushing in a queue, it'll make me feel better :cool:

Not sure about that my boss and his wife registered right after each other and vaccinated 10 mins apart

And what's their age gap?

I have friends younger than me who registered the day before me, but I got done first because I'm older.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ShayNanigan

HSE told me it's not their number... :confused: They asked me to report all suspicious calls asking for personal or banking details in relation to the vaccinations to the Garda.

The saga continues... The people calling from that 01 511 9755 number left a message for me. They said they were HSE Live and needed "some *unintelligible* about your PPS number *unintelligible* more information *static* your Covid vaccine". The caller said her name was Siobhán but she had an Indian accent. Repeated my name a couple of times and told me to call the number 0800 700 700 which basically seems to be a hacker number in India. Not bloody likely I'd call them back.

Just in case anyone else gets calls from that number. I don't trust them and to me this sounds very suspicious. If HSE really needs to contact me, they have all my information and can call from their regular number.

EDIT: Just got a confirmation from HSE Live that it is definitely NOT their number and they will report it immediately. If that number calls you, don't answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    Called 8 pharmacies today and none taking bookings for J&J. One took a booking for Pfizer somehow so I’m currently waiting for that.

Is there a separate portal opening Monday for J&J? 30yo here.

There is indeed. People over the age of 18 will be able to register to receive a J & J or AstraZeneca vaccine through one of the mass vaccination centres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

My wife turns 30 next week, will she be able to register tomorrow or will she have to wait another week?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

My wife turns 30 next week, will she be able to register tomorrow or will she have to wait another week?

https://twitter.com/HSELive/status/1412380128575905793

She can register on the day of 30s

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lyle

Not going to lose the plot on this until there are further studies and more published data about that drop in efficacy to 64%, but it is a bit of a kick in the teeth if they're right. The severe disease prevention remaining in the 90%+ region is great news though, that's the main percentage we do not want to see dropping.

It's problematic, the infection efficacy, and might mean we have masks a bit longer than otherwise but after you get to a certain percentage of people vaccinated, this does become less of an issue. If we can reach that 70/80/90% vaccine coverage in adults by September, the key problem of that efficacy drop, the potential spread of disease from vaccinated but infected people into unvaccinated people, should hopefully become moot.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Should be. It seems to go by the year of birth but her day is actually in five days anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SaltyJohn

If she turns 30 any time this year, she can register I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Tomorrow. It's the younger age next week for j&j/az.

The portal won't take it if she's not eligible yet anyway. She's eligible for Pfizer.

My daughter failed to get a vaccine appointment through pharmacies. It's like dog eat dog out there!!
    She was nervous over AZ/j&j but willing to take it.
    Looks like she may be lucky to register sooner than expected for Pfizer now, rather than mid August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭mightyreds

The media giving dribs and drabs of info as usual. So the portal is open to 30+ from tomorrow but no time stated. Is it from midnight tonight? from 6am? from 9am?

5 this evening when the dev pushes out the update before he heads home would be my guess. (never used salesforce so unsure of the process involved)

Woody79 wrote: »

Interesting... but somewhat expected.... the figures were always going to be skewed under lockdown conditions...

63% is still higher than most seasonal flu jabs which hover around 50% for the majority

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Strazdas wrote: »
    There is indeed. People over the age of 18 will be able to register to receive a J & J or AstraZeneca vaccine through one of the mass vaccination centres.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

Got the J&J jab this morning.

Had a sore arm at first but I'm grand now. Although my friend got his yesterday and he got quite sick as the evening went on, so we'll see what happens.

I'm just so relieved to have it done. Can't believe I'm all finished now when this time last week I thought I'd be lucky to have my first dose by August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

airy fairy wrote: »
    Tomorrow. It's the younger age next week for j&j/az.

The portal won't take it if she's not eligible yet anyway. She's eligible for Pfizer.

My daughter failed to get a vaccine appointment through pharmacies. It's like dog eat dog out there!!
    She was nervous over AZ/j&j but willing to take it.
    Looks like she may be lucky to register sooner than expected for Pfizer now, rather than mid August.
    It's day 2 of the pharmacies and many may not even have supplies yet! Being a lot smaller even as a collective group means they'll fill very fast. Patience needed there!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

darem93 wrote: »
    Got the J&J jab this morning.

Had a sore arm at first but I'm grand now. Although my friend got his yesterday and he got quite sick as the evening went on, so we'll see what happens.

I'm just so relieved to have it done. Can't believe I'm all finished now when this time last week I thought I'd be lucky to have my first dose by August.

It will usually take until later that evening or the next morning before you get the worst of the side effects. With both doses of AZ, I was flattened for two days after, but fine until late in the evening on the day of the doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

What's the average wait time between Pfizer jabs through the HSE portal, lads? Brother has his first jab next week and has a trip away at the start of September so is sweating it to be fully done by then. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Duff wrote: »
    What's the average wait time between Pfizer jabs through the HSE portal, lads? Brother has his first jab next week and has a trip away at the start of September so is sweating it to be fully done by then. Cheers.

Around 4 weeks, maybe a bit less. If he has his first shot next week, he'll be well, well done in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lyle

rm212 wrote: »
    Around 4 weeks, maybe a bit less. If he has his first shot next week, he'll be well, well done in time.

Just to note it can be a bit longer, depending on where you are, it's up at 5 weeks for some people in some places (I've heard of this in Dublin particularly but also Cork) but they should still be done in plenty time for September.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Thanks, lads. We're in Louth so thing seem to be loving pretty quickly here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭airy fairy

What's the situation with the vaccine travel pass?

Assuming we had a super dooper online registration and process of a cert.....

If I get J&J today, for example. Can I get the pass today or will it not be valid until the 2 weeks it takes for the vaccine to give prime immunity?
    Same with 7 days after for 2nd shot of Pfizer and so on....when is the cert valid from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

29 and received the J&J this morning in a pharmacy. Basically told to expect a fever of some kind. Knowing my luck I will have zero side effects, as I have none now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

airy fairy wrote: »
    What's the situation with the vaccine travel pass?

Assuming we had a super dooper online registration and process of a cert.....

If I get J&J today, for example. Can I get the pass today or will it not be valid until the 2 weeks it takes for the vaccine to give prime immunity?
    Same with 7 days after for 2nd shot of Pfizer and so on....when is the cert valid from?

Pass not valid (or even issued) until "fully vaccinated" which is 2 weeks after J&J jab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭1992ChainGang

29 and received the J&J this morning in a pharmacy. Basically told to expect a fever of some kind. Knowing my luck I will have zero side effects, as I have none now!
    I got J&J yesterday in pharmacy. Was grand all yesterday, muscle aches and chills today. Kind of easing now, I'd recommend getting a packet of paracetamol in case.

Advertisement