Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Niall145 wrote: »
    At this stage is it still worth calling pharmacies (have given details to around a dozen already), or am I likely to get Jannsen vaccine sooner by waiting for the online portal that's opening next Monday (age 30)?

If you specifically want Janssen, I would imagine pharmacy is your best bet. Vaccine portal will be for an Adnoviral vaccine (AZ or JJ) but the Janssen supply seems to be all earmarked for pharmacy now, and I cant imagine there is enough stock to facilitate a MVC day. AZ stocks are not much better but larger deliveries seem to be coming than the Janssen deliveries

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Henkka

I got my first Astrazeneca jab at Aviva 7/5. I got a date for second dose at UCD 13/7. That is 11 days past the 8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭cgcsb

is_that_so wrote: »
    Relax, this was always going to happen. It's up there with GPs doing 20 somethings! Once supplies arrive it'll all go faster.

I've no issue with spare doses, due to no shows going to whomever. The problem is when pharmacists have lists in the thousands and they call their friend's son (not on the list) to come in and get. :mad:

Henkka wrote: »
    I got my first Astrazeneca jab at Aviva 7/5. I got a date for second dose at UCD 13/7. That is 11 days past the 8 weeks.

It is also 17 days before the 12 weeks. Was never going to be smooth reducing the intervals like that in a short time frame. I got my 2nd AZ in UCD at 11 weeks 2 days I think. The longer interval period might be better for you long term anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

I registered on 20 June for the vaccine for 35 to 39.im 38 still wait on my text ,Im seeing younger people getting the vaccine before me .my sister boyfriend registered as went live got a text 3 day after he 37.

I can't understand why I'm left guessing and the HSE can't even be bothered to give me a idea when I will get a text.what the point of have a online portal when you sign in just for it to say waiting for appointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Portal is now open for 30-35s.

Change the thread title!!!!

Registered, now we wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Still says 35 or over on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

rob808 wrote: »
    I registered on 20 June for the vaccine for 35 to 39.im 38 still wait on my text ,Im seeing younger people getting the vaccine before me .my sister boyfriend registered as went live got a text 3 day after he 37.

I can't understand why I'm left guessing and the HSE can't even be bothered to give me a idea when I will get a text.what the point of have a online portal when you sign in just for it to say waiting for appointment.

They are concentrating primarily on 2nd jabs at the moment because of the Delta variant but 2nd doses are closing in on parity so expect huge movement on 1sts again soon. Especially with the Romanian supplies arriving next week (that's why the vaccine portal opened ahead of schedule).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

cgcsb wrote: »
    I've no issue with spare doses, due to no shows going to whomever. The problem is when pharmacists have lists in the thousands and they call their friend's son (not on the list) to come in and get. :mad:

Pharmacies are private businesses.

Everyone from 30 up should have a shot in their arm in the next 2 or 3 weeks.
    We've waited 7 months so far. What's another few weeks.

• Advertisement

There will be some of this no matter what happens unfortunately. I would say from experience, most places sent links on to their relatives to register ASAP but most places are operating on a first come first serve which is the fairest system. I was surprised the HSE didnt put in a sequencing system to filter by age etc, would have made life a lot easier for pharmacies.

For instance in one store, I have currently 1360 registrations of which 358 are 30-34, 584 are 25-29, 18 - 24 is 398. With hingsight going for the younger age cohort for a one and done may have more sense given the additional supply of Pfizer that has been secured or alternatively if a fear of clotting go for the oldest one first etc.

Opening it to 18-34 given supplies has led to a lot of frustration

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Real Life wrote: »
    Still says 35 or over on the site

Ignore it. Worked for me 1988.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

nocoverart wrote: »
    Obviously not a Vaccine but I got a B12 injection last week and I’m due my Vaccine tomorrow, wonder does that matter?

No, that's just a regular vitamin and will not clash with your vaccine at all.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Pharmacies are private businesses.

Sorry but they are not giving a private vaccine though are they? they're giving tax payer bought medicine to their mates ahead of everyone else.
    Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Everyone from 30 up should have a shot in their arm in the next 2 or 3 weeks.
    We've waited 7 months so far. What's another few weeks.

So it's ok? Honestly Irish people sometimes, own worst enemy. It'll be grand, never mind the corruption. Shure won't your turn come anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The European Union have ordered nearly 40 million additional doses of the Covid-19 vaccine produced by Johnson & Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Registered, now we wait.
    well hope your not left waiting like me.it nearly 3 weeks for me still wait on a text.

Sorry but they are not giving a private vaccine though are they? they're giving tax payer bought medicine to their mates ahead of everyone else.

So it's ok? Honestly Irish people sometimes, own worst enemy. It'll be grand, never mind the corruption. Shure won't your turn come anyway.
    TBH this looks more like your own anxiety about this. You're not the first to go through this and other groups have been there before you. Your day with the needle will come so it might be best to distract yourself with other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

What's a private vaccine?

The HSE pays them to distribute vaccines to select age groups. How they do it is up to them. I understand your frustration, but this is a tiny inconvenience.

So what if you get a vaccine today or in two weeks? In practical terms, it matters little tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Strazdas wrote: »
    No, that's just a regular vitamin and will not clash with your vaccine at all.

Fair play! appreciate the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,329 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Just a quick question-if one is unable to get the vaccine, for whatever reason, will there be an option to get it later on in the year?

Thank you in advance for any answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

rob808 wrote: »

Same. Timeline is awash with <35s posting selfie’s in pharmacies now too. Great to see, but very frustrating when Donnelly is tweeting about first appointments for 30-35s next week. I know I’ve waited 16 months for this but hard not to get irritated by it. I pessimistically booked a holiday for end of august because I knew it wouldn’t be the “31st” of June by the time I got a first dose as they had claimed. But cutting it very fine now to get both doses and the waiting time after to get considered fully vaccinated.

At least I can say “I told you so” to my wife, so I’ve that going for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

corruption?
    right sure.

Pharmacies are entitled to give the vaccine to anyone between 18-34 who hasn't been vaccinated.

There isn't any caveat on whether that needs to first come, by age, or even lucky dip selection if they so wish.
    they're entitled to give out the vaccine, however and to whoever they see fit once the minimum requirement is met

It's not corruption if someone needs to wait a few extra days or weeks, and that's all it will be

• Registered Users Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

nocoverart wrote: »
    Fair play! appreciate the reply.

No problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AhhHere

Looking for some answers.

- Had a boots appointment. Was cancelled
    - Another pharmacy called for 2 weeks time
    - should I still register with HSE in case the pharmacy appointment falls through for whatever reason?

Not counting anything until I have it. Want to make sure I give myself the best chance.

AhhHere wrote: »
    Looking for some answers.

- Had a boots appointment. Was cancelled
    - Another pharmacy called for 2 weeks time
    - should I still register with HSE in case the pharmacy appointment falls through for whatever reason?

Not counting anything until I have it. Want to make sure I give myself the best chance.
    Yeah you can do that. Once you get vaccinated the other one will be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

bennyl10 wrote: »
    corruption?
    right sure.

Pharmacies are entitled to give the vaccine to anyone between 18-34 who hasn't been vaccinated.

There isn't any caveat on whether that needs to first come, by age, or even lucky dip selection if they so wish.
    they're entitled to give out the vaccine, however and to whoever they see fit once the minimum requirement is met

It's not corruption if someone needs to wait a few extra days or weeks, and that's all it will be

And pharmacies dont have the facilities , the time or the staff to go through the applications with a fine tooth comb
    They get their vaccine and make lists and jab who is on the list . They cannot be trying to sort by age or gender or any other criteria

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

The European Union have ordered nearly 40 million additional doses of the Covid-19 vaccine produced by Johnson & Johnson.

Ursula is great for ordering stuff but unless these are arriving soon it's pretty meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AhhHere

Yeah you can do that. Once you get vaccinated the other one will be cancelled.

Thank you. Have noted all places I'm registered so plan to call to remove from all lists after I get the jab.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush... yada yada yada.

TBH this looks more like your own anxiety about this. You're not the first to go through this and other groups have been there before you. Your day with the needle will come so it might be best to distract yourself with other things.

I'm not really that annoyed about it. :pac:
    But it is a joke to say that a private business can do as they see fit with public property.

• Advertisement

AhhHere wrote: »
    Thank you. Have noted all places I'm registered so plan to call to remove from all lists after I get the jab.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush... yada yada yada.
    I believe it will be automatic.

Advertisement