Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭airy fairy

L1011 wrote: »
    Registering on the main portal is for mRNA only for those age groups

There will be a different, opt-in registration option for MVC delivered AZ/JJ for those age groups in the coming days.

So j&j won't be done on the portal similar to what's there now for the age cohorts? I just presumed it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

airy fairy wrote: »
    So j&j won't be done on the portal similar to what's there now for the age cohorts? I just presumed it would be.

J&J via pharmacy will continue to be by pharmacies own lists

There will be *another* portal for MVC J&J / AZ, later this week apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

L1011 wrote: »
    J&J via pharmacy will continue to be by pharmacies own lists

There will be *another* portal for MVC J&J / AZ, later this week apparently.

Will it be opt in for AZ & J&J or different options for selecting AZ ......J&J

That's my concern and also will they go down the age groups with 34s offered appointments first or will it be a random selection.

Hopefully will be made clear soon.

I could do with a J&J ASAP:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Yeah, I feel fairly rough now :o:D

Yep, the Janssen knocked the heck out of me for a couple of days too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Will it be opt in for AZ & J&J or different options for selecting AZ ......J&J

That's my concern and also will they go down the age groups with 34s offered appointments first or will it be a random selection.

Hopefully will be made clear soon.

I could do with a J&J ASAP:D

Chose one or both has been said.

It is very unlikely that anyone using that will get an appointment for less than two weeks away from now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Yeah open now for 30+ on the portal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Mr.S wrote: »
    I got mine last night before closing and it hit like me like a ton of bricks over night, like the flu and couldn’t stop shivering.

Fun times!

Did you take panadol? Any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Out of 19.5 million people in California who completer their vaccine series, just 7,553 have gotten sick with the virus - meaning a breakthrough case rate of 0.039 percent.

Among those 7,553 people, most had mild COVID-19 cases. Only 62 died from the virus.

These so-called 'breakthrough' cases occur when people contract the disease 14 days or more after receiving their second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine or the one-shot Johnson & Johnson jab, and which officials say are not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Also be aware that they wont give a vaccine if you had any other vaccine in last four weeks . A friend got turned away because she had a tetanus shot 10 days before

That used to be the case, but policy was changed a few weeks ago and you aren't asked about other vaccines now.

Big ramp up in MVC capacity underway also at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Also be aware that they wont give a vaccine if you had any other vaccine in last four weeks . A friend got turned away because she had a tetanus shot 10 days before

I can't find this anywhere else and they are not asking about other vaccines in the pre appointment questionnaire.

Did this happen to anybody else?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

civdef wrote: »
    That used to be the case, but policy was changed a few weeks ago and you aren't asked about other vaccines now.

Big ramp up in MVC capacity underway also at the moment.

Can you give more detail on the ramp up you mention?

With big supplies coming, and the physical infrastructure in place, one obvious thing to do if the staff can be got is to extend the MVC operating hours every day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Out of 19.5 million people in California who completer their vaccine series, just 7,553 have gotten sick with the virus - meaning a breakthrough case rate of 0.039 percent.

Among those 7,553 people, most had mild COVID-19 cases. Only 62 died from the virus.

These so-called 'breakthrough' cases occur when people contract the disease 14 days or more after receiving their second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine or the one-shot Johnson & Johnson jab, and which officials say are not surprising.

That's some good news.

Do they know anything about transmission? How did the 7,553 catch the virus? Was it from unvaccinated people? Or is there spread from vaccinated to vaccinated?

That's some good news.

Do they know anything about transmission? How did the 7,553 catch the virus? Was it from unvaccinated people? Or is there spread from vaccinated to vaccinated?

You'll never get that level of detail from a study of 19.5 million people

• Registered Users Posts: 38,437 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would i be better off registering through the HSE portal as a precaution when it opens for my age even though i registered with 2 pharmacies for the J&J ?

Am i correct in saying we will be getting a choice from next week through the portal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

pre registration - im in no rush on this vaccine they'll get to me when its my turn

post registration - maybe i should just log in to the portal and check it out again, why haven't they text me yet its been almost 20 seconds since i registered

• Registered Users Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Would i be better off registering through the HSE portal as a precaution when it opens for my age even though i registered with 2 pharmacies for the J&J ?

Am i correct in saying we will be getting a choice from next week through the portal ?

I'm guessing that there would be no problem registering on the portal, even if you are already registered with two pharmacies. The whole system is interconnected and will know when you have received your vaccine.

You'll have no choice with the portal though. You will be offered either AZ or J & J when being sent your appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭SJFly

Has there been any update on the Romanian vaccines? It seems to have all gone very quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Still in discussions seemingly , it was briefly mentioned in one of the news bulletins on Tuesday. It seems deal wasn’t as finalised as first reported. I wonder how long we have before they are unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Great progress since boards shut down. Well above EU average and only a day or so behind Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Champagne Sally

Fantastic progress on the Vaccination front. Am I correct in saying that these figures do not include the pharmacy doses yet?

• Advertisement

Anyone know how long it generally takes for a new appointment to be issued?

Wife originally got second dose appointment for today, however was forced to cancel on Tuesday as is currently on antibiotics for tooth infection.

@Champagne Sally

"Am I correct in saying that these figures do not include the pharmacy doses yet?"

I haven't seen any significant Janssen numbers in the stats tweeted by CDI, so I guess not.

Another significant miletone during the past week is that we have overtaken the US

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Do we have any word on how the pharmacies plan to post their data? Like will it be the end of the month mass transfer rather than in dribs and drabs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Has anyone who's received the J&J vaccine from a pharmacy got their DCC yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Well since we were all away.. I got my J&J jab on Sunday. Very very mild side effects too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

They've only been at it a week or so, so that's unlikely. Think the aim with the certs is to get the vast bulk of those done via MVC/GP out by today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That should come up in the HSE briefing, either as a question or an answer.

Advertisement