Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

As I said your case as you describe it would not be within the remit of most people and as they have tried to help you but you have taken it on yourself to refuse that help I don't see what you have a 'right ' or entitlement as you say to complain about .

It comes across as whinging and moany, more than a bit unreasonable , and entitled .

I don't think I am the first to say this to you and no doubt as you continue on this , won't be the last .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I think for your own peace of mind and your mental health you should put it behind you and look forward . Get on to your TD and the HSE and get it sorted

Constant giving out on a forum wont get you very far with your quest

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Even if 100% of over 12s were vaccinated the virus might continue to circulate amongst the under 12s. It's possible that some kind of firebreak lockdown over school holidays would knock it on the head though, until it was re-seeded again.

Any reference to children being reservoirs of infection tends to result in people losing their sh!t though. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

How long does it take from registration to 1st dose for a 15 year old nowadays please? (Swords / Aviva)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,698 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

it seems to be about 3-4 days and usually occurs at the weekend, but it may be faster going the walk-in route at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭amandstu

Well,I did specify the general population (if that is not a contradiction in terms)**

I was wondering whether a hypothetical population that was fully vaccinated with existing vaccines and with the present variant ,would that population spread the disease amongst itself?

The reason I wanted to know is that I have heard that vaccinated people can spread the disease even if they have no symptoms.

** ie ,can one specify something that is characterized as "general"?🙄

In the short term id imagine it would stop spread in a given country.

However new variants and vaccines waning would mean it would start spreading again after a certain period.

It probably would mean it could never spread as quickly or do much damage ever again.

Thats probably what is needed at this stage, vaccinate everyone from 5 upwards.

Sometimes in limited circumstances the state does know better than its citizens.

Im not in favour of mandatory vaccinations but in an ideal world....

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

As the title says does anyone regret talking the jab, as vaccine effective rates drop rapidly after 4 months and over half the folks in ICU are fully vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

it would be a lot worse if we were not vaccinated - so no. I dont regret it. I think I would only regret taking ( or not taking ) something that later caused me an issue. I think the vaccine protects me and 90% of others who take it, so no I dont regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,917 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Where are you getting the over half of people in ICU are fully vaccinated figure? If it's the Irish times article. You need to include some background.

"The proportion of vaccinated people requiring treatment in hospital has been increasing over recent months, as the number of vaccinated people in the wider population has risen."

90ish percent of adults are vaccinated....so proportionally far more unvaccinated people in ICU I would bet...

I got AZ both jabs, flu like symptoms for next morning after first, then no worries, second jab no side effects. So nope don't regret it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,917 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yeah......still very glad I got the vaccine.

From 12th Aug article

"Almost 96% of Covid-19 related deaths since April have been people who are not full vaccinated against the disease, with just seven of the 155 completing their full vaccinated regime."

Transmission is reduced because less vaccinated people get infected and the viral load , if they are, reduces quicker.

That's my understanding of it anyway .

Vaccinated people are becoming infected due to less efficient immune systems with age or underlying conditions , or with immunocompromise, and mainly where circulating infection is higher , ie where vaccine uptake is not as good or outbreaks .

We will not get rid of it totally but it will fizzle out with more vaccination , or less favourably, more infection and resulting wildtype immunity .

Then there is the further issue of importation from countries with poor vaccination and / or high levels of continuing infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

So almost half of the ICU is the unvaccinated 10%. A clear signal that vaccines work.

Dont regret getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Pomodoro

avv

Post edited by Pomodoro on

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭geo88

Nope, not at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

'Talking the C19 vaccine'? ........yes twice 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Ozvaldo

those vaccinated in ICU could be 90 years old or with other underlying conditions sure well just say its covid

Nope although probably some people would if they believe your opening misleading post

Those " vaccinated people in ICU' ...show the link you got that from .

I think you will find that most have underlying conditions , especially immunocompromise, and probably would not have gotten so ill otherwise .

If we had 100% of the population vaxxed then hospitals would be full of vaccinated people .

So the fact that 50 % or thereabouts are vaccinated in ICU with 85% population vaxxed is not really relevant .

• Registered Users Posts: 82,771 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You need the age and general health status of those in hospital. The vaccine wasn't going to give someone aged 89 who has spent multiple non-Covid overnights in hospital the last 2 years some kind of holy grail type medicine where they would be setting new records in the Dublin City Marathon, it would just mean they would have less chance of death purely from catching Covid.

Ideally we need stats on those in hospital how many of which are over 70, how many have underlying conditions and how many have history of overnight stays in hospital the last 2 years.

Ask any of the elderly priests if they regret getting the COVID vaccine, or just ask the pope:

Pope Francis urges people to get vaccinated against Covid-19 - Vatican News

None of them regret it, all of them will likely get the boosters when they need it.

Religion and science are on the same side here, which side are you on OP? The Taliban have banned the vaccine are you in a group with them now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

The OP is an outrageous manipulation of the figures to push a baseless agenda.

If the ICU is 50% unvaccinated, that's a huge figure given less than 10% of the population are not vaccinated, and is literally QED vaccines are effective.

Ah but we are all replying to his manipulative nonsense .

So QED ( sic) he is getting some satisfaction I guess .

Even more so that the unvaccinated 50% are generally the younger group who think they're immune to SARS-COV2 and the vaccinated group trends into people with underlying issues or immune problems.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Polar101

The question makes no sense.

If I hadn't taken the jab, how would my current situation have improved? It wouldn't, I'd be more vulnerable to the virus than I'd be now that I did take it. So obviously I don't regret taking the vaccine - it didn't cost me anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Registered on Monday afternoon, appointment in Swords today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,237 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Thanks but I have perfect peace of mind!! What's wrong with people here - someone dares to point out faults with the great vaccination system and they are accused of all sorts! Or is this thread only for adoration of the system?

No it's not.

It's one of the best and balanced threads on the forum.

But you have been on this for weeks now and you have refused an attempt by HSE staff to get you vaccinated completely , while others here have accepted it and moved on , but yet you continue and people are getting fed up .

So you had a problem initially , fair enough , I agreed with you then . They tried to sort it for you , you refused . You could have taken one dose of Pfizer and talked with management about the second dose , or just not taken it . You would still have been well covered . 2 doses of vaccine , one AZ one Pfizer , as well as recovery cert , a lot would be more than happy with that .

You have a cert which will expire at the end of the year you say , but hey you don't need it unless travelling after that . And who knows what will be the regulations next year. Recovery may be deemed ok for a year by then . Reckon the US and Australia and others will still require a cert for entry .

You are now complaining that nobody has time for your posts anymore .

As I said before post away , but you can't be saying that there is something wrong with the thread just because people don't agree with what you are saying anymore .

Your choice though at this stage .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

No . But you made your point over and over and over . We get it , you are annoyed but in my opinion you should be addressing the people who can help you . Its tiresome to hear the same point made over and over when we know you were offered an alternative and turned it down

I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction soon

• Advertisement

I'm sure there was a certain level of schadenfreude from people when you posted about your latest woes as a lot of seems to be self inflicted (I'm guessing others were too polite to say it :).

However, wish you luck in getting it sorted, but I would truly advise to just follow what the doctors/HSE say, whatever it is, or you'll just be back here again with another issue soon enough.

Advertisement