Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

I'm in the 45-49 bracket and registered the 1st day I could. Still no appointment for the vaccine. Closest center is Croke Park.

My fried who is a couple of years younger than me got his last week in the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Cork2021

JTMan wrote: »
    Irish Times article on the approval of the Belgian site here.

- EMA said the decision would “have a significant and immediate impact on the supply of Comirnaty, the Covid-19 vaccine developed by BioNTech and Pfizer, in the European Union”.
    - The increase due to Ireland will bring the number of Pfizer doses delivered to the country to roughly 2.75 million between April and the end of June.
    - According to Pfizer, the acceleration in manufacturing will allow them to reach the deliveries they had already promised, meaning Ireland is about to get more doses than it has been receiving up until now.

We had used 1.28 million doses of Pfizer according to the covid app on the 11th of May.. so anyone hazard a guess as to how much we’ve used to now? And how much will we have for June?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

So you just pretend to be 45 to 69 on that first page?

Yeah, click the 45-69 link. And then input your real date of birth.

As per other posts, the site definitely now works for those aged 40-44.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Cork2021 wrote: »
    We had used 1.28 million doses of Pfizer according to the covid app on the 11th of May.. so anyone hazard a guess as to how much we’ve used to now? And how much will we have for June?

Complete back of the envelope. On the 11th of May we had done 38 doses per 100 or about 1.9 million total. Assuming we have kept the same ratio of Pfizer (which we probably haven't) about 68% of the total and assuming we are at about 54 doses per million (another guesstimate) that'd be about 1.8 million Pfizer used out of a total of 2.68 million administered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I registered 2 weeks ago and still no text for an appointment.

• Advertisement

JTMan wrote: »
    Yeah, click the 45-69 link. And then input your real date of birth.

As per other posts, the site definitely now works for those aged 40-44.

Excellent. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

I registered 2 weeks ago and still no text for an appointment.

I do wonder what’s going on in the Galway MVC.......I’ve heard of NOBODY getting called lately .Anyone who has been lucky enough to get vaccinated in last few weeks but from their own Gp having a surplus

snotboogie wrote: »
    Complete back of the envelope. On the 11th of May we had done 38 doses per 100 or about 1.9 million total. Assuming we have kept the same ratio of Pfizer (which we probably haven't) about 68% of the total and assuming we are at about 54 doses per million (another guesstimate) that'd be about 1.8 million Pfizer used out of a total of 2.68 million administered.

So approx 950,000 doses for June!
    Really want the HSE systems to get back up and running. Vaccine stats are crucial to my lunch break! Has missed them as much as I miss pints on a Saturday afternoon haha

km79 wrote: »
    I do wonder what’s going on in the Galway MVC.......I’ve heard of NOBODY getting called lately .Anyone who has been lucky enough to get vaccinated in last few weeks but from their own Gp having a surplus

Paul Reid saying 50k done there

https://twitter.com/paulreiddublin/status/1399813889936838658?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

km79 wrote:

I know a few in 50 to 51 age group got theirs last week there, they are doing 2nd doses for hcw this week as far as I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Few lads I know who are 50 were called within a week of registering but seems to have slowed down for my age group.

Few lads I know who are 50 were called within a week of registering but seems to have slowed down for my age group.

Yeah that what I meant alright
    The sub 50 group

seamie78 wrote: »
    I know a few in 50 to 51 age group got theirs last week there, they are doing 2nd doses for hcw this week as far as I know

That might explain it so
    And also explains why Local gps were giving them out like confetti at the end of last week !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,034 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

At least three people posted appointments there in the past four days on the Confirmed vaccine appointment thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

strongback wrote: »
    I'm in the 45-49 bracket and registered the 1st day I could. Still no appointment for the vaccine. Closest center is Croke Park.

My fried who is a couple of years younger than me got his last week in the Aviva.

Same: think that south siders are getting priority as they pay more tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭larchielads

Just register and ignore the age notices as you go along

Would that work for people under that cohort just enter in whatever date to create account then give proper details once registered?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Same: think that south siders are getting priority as they pay more tax.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Would that work for people under that cohort just enter in whatever date to create account then give proper details once registered?

It works for year of birth 81 even if you're not 40 yet. It won't accept 82 as a year of birth.

The 950,000 I said earlier is an understatement considering what Gavan Reilly tweeted! 1.42m due in June! So an increase in capacity will be huge for the rollout.
    Pfizer and biontech have been nothing short of exceptional in the delivery!

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1399805839876186113?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

So approx 950,000 doses for June!
    Really want the HSE systems to get back up and running. Vaccine stats are crucial to my lunch break! Has missed them as much as I miss pints on a Saturday afternoon haha

I'm not sure. Earlier we had the Belgium forecast with extra Pfizer, I'd assume that's the extra, however they have already received the extra doses (they wouldn't have come from the Q4 batch before the capicity was approved by the EU)
    The EU were due 200mil Pfizer in Q2 (2.38mil for us)
    Pfizer brought forward 50mil from Q3 to Q2 for a total of 250mil (2.97mil for us) but the Irish times reporting the updated Q2 figure for us now is 2.75mil.

• Advertisement

The 950,000 I said earlier is an understatement considering what Gavan Reilly tweeted! 1.42m due in June! So an increase in capacity will be huge for the rollout.

Let’s go baby

Time to update thread title too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭larchielads

It works for year of birth 81 even if you're not 40 yet. It won't accept 82 as a year of birth.

Yes but if i put in proper details after that am i good to go? Is there a chance i could be called earlier or will i still have to wait my turn?

Wolf359f wrote: »
    I'm not sure. Earlier we had the Belgium forecast with extra Pfizer, I'd assume that's the extra, however they have already received the extra doses (they wouldn't have come from the Q4 batch before the capicity was approved by the EU)
    The EU were due 200mil Pfizer in Q2 (2.38mil for us)
    Pfizer brought forward 50mil from Q3 to Q2 for a total of 250mil (2.97mil for us) but the Irish times reporting the updated Q2 figure for us now is 2.75mil.

It’s very difficult to know! Especially without the daily updates but the fact we’ve that many to use in June albeit a good few will be second doses, this summer will be a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

There's no increase to the numbers Pfizer already forecasted a few weeks ago as far as I can see.

They essentially knew they would get approval for additional capacity and pulled forward some Q4 & Q3 supplies.

All it means as far as I can see is they're able to deliver the additional supply already promised a while ago.

Only way there could be an increase is if they're front loading more (than originally planned) from Q4 into end of Q2 / start of Q3 but there's been no mention of that since the additional doses announcement a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

So no change to timelines?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

There's no increase to the numbers Pfizer already forecasted a few weeks ago as far as I can see.

They essentially knew they would get approval for additional capacity and pulled forward some Q4 & Q3 supplies.

All it means as far as I can see is they're able to deliver the additional supply already promised a while ago.

Only way there could be an increase is if they're front loading more (than originally planned) from Q4 into end of Q2 / start of Q3 but there's been no mention of that since the additional doses announcement a few weeks ago

The increase from 200mil to 250mil for Q2 (bringing 50mil from Q3 to Q2) was announced back in the middle of April. This new update seems to be additional to that.
    Rough calculation has Q2 deliveries upped from 250mil to 280mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

I don’t know if it’s been posted, but the portal is open for 44 year olds already.

The welcome page has been updated.

I assume you have to wait for the specific day for your year? You can’t just register now unless you are actually 44?

On the landing page is says 44 and on the start page it says 40 to 69.

I can appreciate they probably don’t want a rush early registration though, if it might out the system under pressure. Hence the staggering I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

I don’t know if it’s been posted, but the portal is open for 44 year olds already.

I assume you have to wait for the specific day for your year? You can’t just register now unless you are actually 44?

I can appreciate they probably don’t want a rush early registration though, if it might out the system under pressure. Hence the staggering I assume?

Im 40 and was messing around tonight expecting to get blocked registering at a later step but it accepted the registration. Doesn't look like they validate if you're 44. Maybe I'll get pushed down queue for punishment, feel bad for potentially skipping but I guess they prob order the appointments based on age anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Yeah but it is open now for anyone born in 1981 onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

From what I can gather, trying to register a few days early will not speed up you getting a vaccine. You will get your vaccine with all the other 44 year olds and will not be able to skip into the vaccination centre a few days early.

Advertisement