Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

Strazdas wrote: »
    Six days with the Aviva for me - registered on a Wednesday evening and was vaccinated the following Tuesday.

My mate had his vaccination in the Aviva 12 days after applying. He applied in the 3rd week of May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Probably all ready discussed so apologies if it has , but do people recon teenagers will be done before they are back to school in September? Or is that even being discussed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭JPup

harr wrote: »
    Probably all ready discussed so apologies if it has , but do people recon teenagers will be done before they are back to school in September? Or is that even being discussed yet.

I think at this point in time it is more likely that vaccines will be administered through the schools in September. The rollout pace is a bit behind what was envisaged a couple of months ago since we are not using AZ and J&J for under 50s. Over 18s will still be getting second doses throughout August. I expect 12-17 year olds to follow after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

My Mrs registered last night (age 44 and portal was open). Got her text this afternoon confirming appointment for this Saturday. Less than 1 day turnaround!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Couple of interesting points from Europe today:
    Malta are on 118 doses per 100, theyll overtake Israel by the weekend. I have no idea how Malta and Cyprus (70 doses per 100) have gotten so many vaccines? They seem to just be using the EU allocation unlike Hungary and Serbia.

Germany are now over 60 doses per 100, 61.5 as of today, storming ahead of the rest of the EU. On the 1st of May Germany were on 35 shots per 100 and the US were on 73, today Germany are on 61 and US are on 88. They could well catch up to the US by the end of June with hopefully the rest of the EU not far behind.

Speaking of far behind, Bulgaria are the last EU country under 40 shots per 100. Latvia hit 40 today. Bulgaria meanwhile are on 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mioniqa

namloc1980 wrote: »
    My Mrs registered last night (age 44 and portal was open). Got her text this afternoon confirming appointment for this Saturday. Less than 1 day turnaround!

Wow, that's impressive. What MVC/region?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RavenBea17b

To be quite honest with that’s extremely low.

Think of it this way. If you made 5 million people a sandwich, how many of that 5 million will have an allergic reaction to something, accidentally choke on the bread, get food poisoning or just have an unfortunate incident like develop an illness that may or may not have anything to do with your sandwich, but may coincide with having eaten that sandwich?

Around 59% of the adult population have been fully vaccinated (last figure I saw).
    I wonder out of the 5 million vaccinated, were men, and then in below 40 age range. I think the whole population of Israel is around 8.6 million.

There were 62 mentioned towards the end of April. Now 275 at the end of May.

I suspect that as the numbers of younger people receiving their jabs increase, the awareness of this probable link, it will may well increase as criteria check - have you had a second jab recently etc.

Either way 2nd jab is so important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

mioniqa wrote: »
    Wow, that's impressive. What MVC/region?

Cork - Páirc Uí Chaoimh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Cork - Páirc Uí Chaoimh.

Could have guessed, consistently at the front down there for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

Any idea where Limerick MVC is at the minute? Gone back through the thread but nothing mentioned recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Anyone with more of a science head on them? What do ye think of this immunologist, Dr Byram Bridle? He seems to think they made a mistake with these vaccines, something to do with the spike protein.

My first thought is if they made a mistake, why aren't the FDA pulling these vaccines from use?

https://omny.fm/shows/on-point-with-alex-pierson/new-peer-reviewed-study-on-covid-19-vaccines-sugge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,108 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Anyone with more of a science head on them? What do ye think of this immunologist, Dr Byram Bridle? He seems to think they made a mistake with these vaccines, something to do with the spike protein.

My first thought is if they made a mistake, why aren't the FDA pulling these vaccines from use?

https://omny.fm/shows/on-point-with-alex-pierson/new-peer-reviewed-study-on-covid-19-vaccines-sugge

https://byrambridle.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Healers39

Same for me. Registered last night when portal opened. Got a text earlier today confirming appointment in Pairc Ui Chaoimh for this coming Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Mmmm new account eh, I wonder how many other accounts you have/had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

why is it taking so long for them to return with an appointment date after you register?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

why is it taking so long for them to return with an appointment date after you register?

I'm 47 registered on 21 May, my brother is 45 and registered 2 days later, he has an appt for this Friday and I havent heard a thing yet. Called them today and they said its random when you are called and people aren't called by age, so what was the fcuking point of opening it by age??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm 47 registered on 21 May, my brother is 45 and registered 2 days later, he has an appt for this Friday and I havent heard a thing yet. Called them today and they said its random when you are called and people aren't called by age, so what was the fcuking point of opening it by age??
    Is your brother living in the same house? Even if so, the point of separating out the dates for sign up is to reduce load on the server so the site handles all the people signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    The recommendation is expected to "have a significant and immediate impact on the supply of Comirnaty, the COVID-19 vaccine developed by BioNTech (22UAy.DE) and Pfizer, in the European Union," the European Medicines Agency said.

Unfortunately I can't find what the figures are.

Michael Martin said in a tweet today that 284k Pfizer arrived... isn't that about the same as usual?
    Belgium got the extra but maybe a perk from being the manufacturing country?

ixoy wrote: »
    Is your brother living in the same house? Even if so, the point of separating out the dates for sign up is to reduce load on the server so the site handles all the people signing up.
    so they are taking in the information and then just sitting on it for days or weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,108 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Michael Martin said in a tweet today that 284k Pfizer arrived... isn't that about the same as usual?

In May we were getting about 180k/week of Pfizer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Getting very very excited folks. We're flying it

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

funnydoggy wrote: »

True, but I miss the daily vaccination numbers so we can get a visual representation of our progress every day. When can we expect it back? Have any journalists asked?

Godot. wrote: »
    True, but I miss the daily vaccination numbers so we can get a visual representation of our progress every day. When can we expect it back? Have any journalists asked?

I know. I'm the same. I'm jonesin for my daily fix lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Godot. wrote: »
    The CMO expects data on deaths to be resolved very soon so whatever very soon is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

Brother got text today for vaccine Saturday (born 1974)
    Wife got text for next Monday (born 1976)
    Galway MVC Moderna

That escalated quickly :D

km79 wrote: »
    Brother got text today for vaccine Saturday (born 1974)
    Wife got text for next Monday (born 1976)
    Galway MVC Moderna

That escalated quickly :D

Delighted for you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

Delighted for you :D

They have a few years on me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Healers39 wrote: »
    Same for me. Registered last night when portal opened. Got a text earlier today confirming appointment in Pairc Ui Chaoimh for this coming Sunday.

Already dealt with on the appointment thread but lest anyone thinks this means Cork is finished with 45-49, we are absolutely not. Loads of 43 and 44 year olds (1977 and 1978) got appointments today immediately on registering but loads more of us 1974, 75 and 76 still waiting! All very strange. And nor is it geographical, a few stories on the other thread already (including from me) of younger spouses getting appointments while older 45-49 spouses still waiting.

whats the average time between registering and a getting appointment date txt and btw the day you get the txt and the actual date of the first shot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭pauldry

whats the average time between registering and a getting appointment date txt and btw that and the actual date of the first shot?

Average time seems to be 10days. Some get appointment in 2 days others nearly the max 21 days

Advertisement