Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What day would be 40, my housemate (not the chef) wants to register in the portal.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,010 ✭✭✭✭Stark

What day would be 40, my housemate (not the chef) wants to register in the portal.

Sunday (June 6th)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭Apogee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

NIAC advises that the gap between AstraZeneca doses can be reduced to eight weeks :

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/0602/1225598-covid-figures-ireland/

Makes a lot of sense, would speed up the 'fully vaccinated' programme considerably

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Strazdas wrote: »
    NIAC advises that the gap between AstraZeneca doses can be reduced to eight weeks :

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/0602/1225598-covid-figures-ireland/

Makes a lot of sense, would speed up the 'fully vaccinated' programme considerably

Will only speed it up if the deliveries from AZ are there for an 8 week gap.

Could easily still be 12 weeks for some people purely based on supply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,196 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Stark wrote: »
    Sunday (June 6th)

Does the weekend count or do they skip it and today Wednesday is 44s tomorrow 43s Friday 42s register then Monday 41 year old register and Tuesday 40 years old register?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Will only speed it up if the deliveries from AZ are there for an 8 week gap.

Could easily still be 12 weeks for some people purely based on supply.

It sounds like many people are not getting AZ as a first dose at the moment though.

It's probably doable - it would see many AZ recipients get their second dose between now and mid to late July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

AMKC wrote: »
    Does the weekend count or do they skip it and today Wednesday is 44s tomorrow 43s Friday 42s register then Monday 41 year old register and Tuesday 40 years old register?

https://twitter.com/DonnellyStephen/status/1399975673238802432?s=19

I think anyone born in or before 1981 can register right now. They only say to wait till your day comes around to stop the system being overloaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Lucas Hood wrote: »

I think anyone born on or before to 1981 can register right now though. They only say to wait till your day comes around to stop the system being overloaded.
    would you get your appointment any quicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

What's stopping him doing it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Strazdas wrote: »
    It sounds like many people are not getting AZ as a first dose at the moment though.

It's probably doable - it would see many AZ recipients get their second dose between now and mid to late July.

Yeah im not including first dose here.

We had a stockpile built up and were flying through it. Chances are they wouldn't deliver at the pace and volume required to move everyone to 8 weeks exactly.

Somewhere between 8 and 12 weeks is probably possible but unless AZ increase delivery and become reliable with delivery, a 8 week interval might be pushing it purely on the logistics front

would you get your appointment any quicker?

No, it will have no effect - people should really wait until their designated day to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭FrankN1

When will 30-35s get their vaccine approximately?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭JPup

FrankN1 wrote: »

Early July seems a reasonable guesstimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    What's stopping him doing it now

The portal is down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Best case scenario last week of June. Worst case first two weeks of July. That's my guesstimate looking but lack of clear data and delivery unknowns makes it a bit harder.
    Considering where we have come from thats pretty good! You'll be jabbed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Best case scenario last week of June. Worst case first two weeks of July. That's my guesstimate looking but lack of clear data and delivery unknowns makes it a bit harder.
    Considering where we have come from thats pretty good! You'll be jabbed soon.

Would it be approx June then in people’s estimation for shot one for 35-39 year olds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Seems to be a very regular question, specifically for this age group. I wonder if the forums are largely populated by 30-35 year olds, or maybe they're the most vaccine eager in society!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Lucas Hood wrote: »

I think anyone born in or before 1981 can register right now. They only say to wait till your day comes around to stop the system being overloaded.

Yes, I'm 43 and registered yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

VonLuck wrote: »
    Seems to be a very regular question, specifically for this age group. I wonder if the forums are largely populated by 30-35 year olds, or maybe they're the most vaccine eager in society!

Maybe because they are the next group in line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

VonLuck wrote: »

Two weeks ago it was the 40 somethings asking that and two weeks before that the 50 somethings. Go back even further and I'm sure it applied to the 60 somethings and the over 70s as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Anyone any opinion on AZ jab gap being reduced to 8 weeks? Any online info I have seen says the longer gap 12-16 weeks increases efficacy of this vaccine very significantly

Widescreen wrote: »
    Anyone any opinion on AZ jab gap being reduced to 8 weeks? Any online info I have seen says the longer gap 12-16 weeks increases efficacy of this vaccine very significantly
    It's on the cusp.

The recommended dosage is two doses with an interval of 8 to 12 weeks.

Given the opportunity to vaccinate the over 60s a lot faster probably the right call as they would be done from this month rather than July.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

reducing gap might be intended to prevent breakthrough infections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,388 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Cant believe ill be in the next age bracket, feels like a long time in the making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,919 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Registered 2 weeks ago yesterday.

Still no sign of an appointment.

I've checked on the portal as recent as yesterday and still nothing

Theres no comparison study between 8 and 12 weeks so I wouldn't worry
    Trust the scientists before the armchairs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Widescreen

mac.in wrote: »
    reducing gap might be intended to prevent breakthrough infections.

thanks, I take your point. I'm 9 weeks next week since first jab, if I don't get called until 12 weeks I will take it, obviously be careful in meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Just seeing on today's Indo: "Taking to Twitter this morning, Health Minister Stephen Donnelly wrote: “From today: Those who are age 43 can register for a Covid-19 vaccine."

So what happens with the appointments for 43yo that have been registering on the portal from past Wednesday (e.g. before the "official" notification)?

- would they be processed from today only, or can they end up on the wrong queue ...

• Advertisement

mvl wrote: »
    Just seeing on today's Indo: "Taking to Twitter this morning, Health Minister Stephen Donnelly wrote: “From today: Those who are age 43 can register for a Covid-19 vaccine."

So what happens with the appointments for 43yo that have been registering on the portal from past Wednesday (e.g. before the "official" notification)?

- would they be processed from today only, or can they end up on the wrong queue ...
    The system works by age anyway so in principle 44 year olds will be done first regardless.

Advertisement