Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭Apogee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭Apogee

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Great to see the progress on the vaccine, but that HSE hack update doesn't sound wonderful. Only 25% decrypted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭Russman

I have a family member that ran into and old school pal of his with the exact same DOB

My best friend of 30 years who is 3 months younger than me was 90mins after me in Citywest today !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Fantastic up take figures in the older age groups. Understand that this is likely to reduce as we move down the age brackets but good indications so far.

Also 53% already with first dose is great considering where we were in this country back in January.

Good times are getting closer folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭celt262

Fantastic up take figures in the older age groups. Understand that this is likely to reduce as we move down the age brackets but good indications so far.

Also 53% already fully vaccinated is great considering where we were in this country back in January.

Good times are getting closer folks.

Is it not 25% fully vacinated?

celt262 wrote: »
    Is it not 25% fully vacinated?

Sorry typo. 53 is first dose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Asking for a friend. Can you get vaccinated at your GP if you get an invitation from the doctor's to do so but don't have a PPS number? Friend just got an SMS but don't have a PPSN yet and registration for his age group hasn't yet begun today. Can't book an appointment at his GP's online booking system because he's lacking the PPSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Le Bruise wrote: »
    My Whatsapp group of old college buddies (Ranging between age 41-43) was hopping on Tuesday night when one of the lads found out you could register early.

They nearly all went on and registered, thinking they were skipping the queue. I'm sure many many more were like them. Won't make an iota of difference to when they're called, all they were doing was putting extra pressure on the system. As someone said earlier....this is why we can't have nice things!
    Seems to be a few posters in the "Got a confirmed vaccine appointment" thread that would contradict this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Asking for a friend. Can you get vaccinated at your GP if you get an invitation from the doctor's to do so but don't have a PPS number? Friend just got an SMS but don't have a PPSN yet and registration for his age group hasn't yet begun today. Can't book an appointment at his GP's online booking system because he's lacking the PPSN.
    I would have thought a call to the GP or the HSE helpline would answer that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,141 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

To register online for a vaccine
    If you do not have a PPSN you call the helpline to register

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

The HSE helpline has a different answer for every call ie its useless
    Its only for people really with no Internet who need to register
    They make it up is the experience of this thread

I got a stock answer alright read from a script. Wait 3 weeks from the time of application and if no text is received then contact the HSE.

I was told the appointments are given out randomly and not by date of birth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Apogee wrote: »

Is the 70-79 up to date? We know the HSE has struggled to get numbers from GPs. 65% seems very low for the fully vaccinated figure given that were originally suppose to be complete by the middle of May. I would have expected them to be 90%+ by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

strongback wrote: »
    I got a stock answer alright read from a script. Wait 3 weeks from the time of application and if no text is received then contact the HSE.

I was told the appointments are given out randomly and not by date of birth.
    That's why there is a 3 week window, enough time to do all of an age group! That said some of the posts on the appointments thread would disagree with the claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Seems to be a few posters in the "Got a confirmed vaccine appointment" thread that would contradict this.

Didn't realise that! Quite odd though, if they're telling people to wait their turn to take the pressure off and then rewarding those for jumping the queue by giving them a quicker vaccine date...surely more will do it?

As ShooterSF said above, far better this way then no one wanting to get the vaccine!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭ShayNanigan

is_that_so wrote: »
    I would have thought a call to the GP or the HSE helpline would answer that.

I told him that but apparently they don't know either. Was told to call again tomorrow. He's trying to reach the helpline to see if they'd know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mossie

They seem to be arranging it by age, right down to the day by the looks of it... I have a family member that ran into and old school pal of his with the exact same DOB

Yeah. My brothers are twins and got appointments 5 minutes apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Did we get the AstraZeneca delivery this week? We were supposed to be getting a big shipment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I suppose nobody has any idea when 35-39 year olds can register? Has there been a gap of a week or so between each age group so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭blackcard

If they reduce the period between the first and second Astrazenica jabs to 8 weeks, will there be enough vaccines available to give to people to make this happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

They seem to be arranging it by age, right down to the day by the looks of it... I have a family member that ran into and old school pal of his with the exact same DOB

The same happened to me when i went for my first shot. My old school pal with the exact same DOB as myself was sitting in the chair next to me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Klb1978

Registered this morning, got all the way through and it said awaiting appointment. I tried to log in later to show my husband and it says login failed each time. Password is correct I saved it to my phone but if I try to reset password it just brings me in a cycle of entering my email, DOB, name and back to my email to a link that brings me back to the same page over and over again. Not a chance to put in a new password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Did we get the AstraZeneca delivery this week? We were supposed to be getting a big shipment.

Who's queuing up to take it?? The room noise is that it's less effective against newer variants and that the issue with potential clots is across all ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

astrofool wrote: »
    ...... I'd be more concerned with issues in the 60+ level where people have fallen through the cracks in the system.....:)

Absolutely, I myself know two people in their late 60's who registered in the first days and haven't been called. Looking at Facebook I realise they are not the only ones falling through the cracks. Something is definitely stupid about a system that says its focusing on protecting the older members of the population but also ignoring them at the same time. Calls to HSE and GP's are getting sod all interest! We've given up at this stage now. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Polar101

A study on an Indian variant hospital outbreak which happened in May in Finland.

Some numbers:

- 100 people infected, 57 patients and 42 staff (1?)

- of the patients, 41/57 had received 1 dose of vaccine, and 2 had received 2 doses
    - 17 of them died (all over 60 years of age). One of the patients who died had received 2 vaccine doses, 11 one dose and 5 were unvaccinated.

- of the staff, out of the 42 infected, 17 had received 2 doses of vaccine, 2 had received 1 dose and one had had Covid before. 23 were unvaccinated. All had mild symptoms only. Staff had received Pfizer vaccines.

Outbreak started from a close contact of a patient, who had traveled outside Europe. And then it spread further from an asymptomatic staff member.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ll31

Anyone got appt for 2nd Pfizer in city West? Due by end of week but have heard nothing, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ll31 wrote: »
    Anyone got appt for 2nd Pfizer in city West? Due by end of week but have heard nothing, thanks

Turn up 4 weeks to the day at same time ?

Polar101 wrote: »
    A study on an Indian variant hospital outbreak which happened in May in Finland.

Some numbers:

- of the patients, 41/57 had received 1 dose of vaccine, and 2 had received 2 doses
    - 17 of them died (all over 60 years of age). One of the patients who died had received 2 vaccine doses, 11 one dose and 5 were unvaccinated.

- of the staff, out of the 42 infected, 17 had received 2 doses of vaccine, 2 had received 1 dose and one had had Covid before. 23 were unvaccinated. All had mild symptoms only. Staff had received Pfizer vaccines.

Outbreak started from a close contact of a patient, who had traveled outside Europe. And then it spread further from an asymptomatic staff member.

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,791 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Polar101 wrote: »

Some numbers:

The full article and headline from one of the virologist behind the study:

Virologist: Indian variant not major concern in Finland, though care should be taken

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/virologist_indian_variant_not_major_concern_in_finland_though_care_should_be_taken/11950617

Advertisement