Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Can we get percentage of people with 1st dose and percentage with their second dose included in thread title?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

eoinbn wrote: »
    Your numbers are correct - if 900k fully vaccinated which might not be accurate.

Also we will not vaccinate 300k with their first dose in the first week of July. July will very likely be slower than June.
    In the past week we got 320k mRNA vaccines. Roughly 120k went on second doses and 200k on first doses. That means come the last week in June we will need to be vaccinating 200k people a week with second doses so only 120k will be with first doses per week in July.

There are other factors to account for here - small increases in supply in July, Curevac finally showing up in Q3 as well as Pfizer potentially under delivering in June(seems to be true for the next 2 weeks) which would mean less second doses required in July.

Just wondering where you are getting the vaccines delivered. Gov.ie hasn't updated in weeks. It's such a pain not having up to date data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Israel has reported 0 cases for the first time. 60% with first dose and 58% fully vaccinated.

Malta also recorded zero cases today for the first time in 11 months. They have 75% first dose and over half the population on their second dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭JPup

Can we get percentage of people with 1st dose and percentage with their second dose included in thread title?

I don’t think so because of the ransomware attack. Precise numbers no longer being published.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Pharmacies receiving 50,000 J&J next week for anyone who is over 50 who hasn't been vaccinated. Seems a bit of a logistical nightmare for them to drum up people to vaccinate. Some will have slipped through the cracks which this might help mop up but can't imagine it's a large number.

Also very strange they arent giving the over 40s a run at it too. Might help speed up the process. I can't imagine there is 50,000 over 50s wanting a vaccine who hasn't been offered one yet

• Advertisement

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Just wondering where you are getting the vaccines delivered. Gov.ie hasn't updated in weeks. It's such a pain not having up to date data.

Presumably from the Belgian site which has been very accurate to date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Dr. Em

Not that it is a competition, but it is interesting to see the EU/EEA vaccination data. https://vaccinetracker.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker-mobile.html#uptake-tab

The figure for Ireland didn't change in the last update (hack-related?) and it is now lower in the middle range for first doses per population, but the breakdown by age-group looks like the rollout here has succeeded in not leaving many behind in eligible age groups.
    It shows that 100% of 80+, 100% of ages 70-79, and 91.3% of ages 60-69 in Ireland have had the first jab. Denmark, Spain and Iceland are the only other countries that have a similar record.

https://vaccinetracker.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker-mobile.html#age-group-tab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Lot of talk about the Seychelles in recent times, things are changing for the better.
    https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/status/1401861825621331968?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Zaney wrote: »
    I’d wonder if it’s somewhat the difference in demographics. Dún Laoghaire Rathdown has one of the oldest average age profiles. So more of that population has been vaccinated already? And the Aviva has more ‘spare’ capacity than is needed for it’s catchment now? No proof other than census average age statistics https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp3oy/cp3/aad/

A UCD vaccination centre opened recently. That is bound to be reducing the demand on the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭deeperlearning

I see the debunked SA variant study is being brought up again. FFS :rolleyes:

Indeed, any study where you don't like the conclusions, you simply declare it 'debunked'.

• Advertisement

Accompanying the statement by a mandatory FFS adds to the academic gravitas.

Rather oddly, the UK government are busily organising boosters to combat the South African variant:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ministers-in-talks-to-buy-astrazeneca-jab-for-covid-variants-xv8599z8j

Talking to yourself there, boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Maybe true, talk from Pharma companies, but it was stated a while back that Astrazeneca are developing next gen vaccine, GSK too - but then again these next generation would be the case anyway.

I suspect that it will be similar to flu, more vulnerable given an annual - everyone else biennial for others.
    COVID has made us look differently at such diseases and not just the vaccination side of things. They may not be the only tool and there is work underway on other therapeutics. Pfizer are working on a tablet anti-viral and there are a few trials with nasal sprays as well.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Digital Green Certificate:

I'm probably pissing in the wind here. Does anyone have any idea on how we can eventually obtain such a thing in Ireland?
    The HSE online resources barely mention it.

I'm mid 40s and vaccinated. My vaccine card is from another (non-EU) country but is recognised here. (J&J if anyone cares)

My query is how to get myself registered as fully vaxxed under the HSE? Otherwise I might just sign up and get the Pfizer instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭corkie

@Tenger

Digital certificates are not even been offered yet to people vaccinated by HSE/GP's

The process in your case will probably be revealed when they are.

corkie wrote: »
    Digital certificates are not even been offered yet to people vaccinated by HSE/GP's
    Indeed. Doesn't bode well for "resumption of travel by 19th July"

7 EU members started issuing theirs last week.

Tenger wrote: »

I'm probably pissing in the wind here. Does anyone have any idea on how we can eventually obtain such a thing in Ireland?

I'm mid 40s and vaccinated. My vaccine card is from another (non-EU) country but is recognised here. (J&J if anyone cares)

My query is how to get myself registered as fully vaxxed under the HSE? Otherwise I might just sign up and get the Pfizer instead.

What country were you vaccinated in? From the limited I've seen of it in work, I think you may have the get your cert issued by the country you are vaccinated in.

The portal (vaccine registration) has specific data which will allow you to verify you were vaccinated by the HSE (GP or MVC) I would imagine it's a similar situation in most EU countries. If it was one of the 7 who started already, you might be able to get it but it won't apply to Ireland until mid July

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,461 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Why not just apply for it in the country you got it, its going to be an EU wide passport so doesn't matter where in the EU you get it? Its also digital so not being in that country right now shouldn't matter.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Galway race course
    Age 56
    Got text for my 2nd jab (Moderna) this Saturday, just day 30 after my first shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Indeed, any study where you don't like the conclusions, you simply declare it 'debunked'.

Nope, it's been debunked by many experts. Google it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Supercell wrote: »
    Why not just apply for it in the country you got it, its going to be an EU wide passport so doesn't matter where in the EU you get it? Its also digital so not being in that country right now shouldn't matter.

Non-EU country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I miss having the data in the covid app. How many vaccines have the HSE delivered now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Non-EU country

The system allows for you to enter in a prior vaccine from another country if you have proof of it. I’d ring the helpline up and they will probably be able to do most all over the phone and add the JJ in and have your PPS number linked to a full vaccine dosage.You may need to go to the MVC though.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 NGUYEN01

Hi there

I should have recieved my 2nd dose of Moderna last week, but has yet to receive an appointment. My wife got Pfizer and was two weeks behind me, but has received her appointment for this week for her 2and shot.

Anyone else out there waiting on a Moderns appt

Doubling Southside

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

NGUYEN01 wrote: »
    Hi there

I should have recieved my 2nd dose of Moderna last week, but has yet to receive an appointment. My wife got Pfizer and was two weeks behind me, but has received her appointment for this week for her 2and shot.

Anyone else out there waiting on a Moderns appt

Doubling Southside

Did you check the portal in case you missed a txt. Its 4 weeks between doses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 NGUYEN01

freida wrote: »
    Did you check the portal in case you missed a txt. Its 4 weeks between doses

Yes checked it and also phoned last week. On the list but still no appointment

Advertisement