Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

ixoy wrote: »
    The US has set a target of 70% of all adults to have at least a single dose by July 4th. We're hoping to do better than that. It's interesting that in our case it's supply as the current limiting factor but over there they have loads, are offering incentives and may still fall behind Ireland by their target date. Different attitudes around skepticism don't help.

Id be really surprised if they hit that number ever let alone on july 4th with all the anti vax and trump republicans who will refuse it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭kg703

Do we think 35-39 will be able to register next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,059 ✭✭✭✭josip

embraer170 wrote: »
    Turns out it is now so easy to get a the yellow WHO vaccine card. GPs don't have them, or at least not the GP a family member contacted today.

Yes, recording Covid vax details in the Carte Jaune looks like a red herring.
    Currently, under International Health Regulations (2005) (IHR), yellow fever (YF) and poliomyelitis are the only vaccinations that can be recorded in an International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICVP).

https://nathnacyfzone.org.uk/factsheet/5/international-certificate-of-vaccination-or-prophylaxis-icvp

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

Apogee wrote: »
    On 17th May: 41% one dose & 15% second dose

Change over 22 days: One dose +15%. Two doses +11%.

30th June is 22 days time, so at same rate as above (and assuming the numbers aren't a major underestimate due to cyberattack) ---> 71% one dose & 37% two doses.

So with that rate in mind we're about the guts of 11 days behind schedule even if there's no major increase in supply over the next 3 weeks, which I believe is expected to increase, so we should do even better.

So what are the estimates, maybe looking at the 4th/5th of July to hit the 82% with a first dose?

It's been an impressive roll out despite so much not in our favour, from the HSE generally, to a crippled HSE computer system, constantly changing supply lines, constantly changing vaccine recommendation etc. Have to say overall I think we've done exceptionally well, the end has well and truly arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭embraer170

josip wrote: »
    Yes, recording Covid vax details in the Carte Jaune looks like a red herring.

https://nathnacyfzone.org.uk/factsheet/5/international-certificate-of-vaccination-or-prophylaxis-icvp

Well Germany is using the vaccine booklets for the COVID 19 vaccine (on request).

https://www.thelocal.de/20210602/reader-question-where-can-i-get-germanys-yellow-vaccination-booklet-and-do-i-need-it/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

Registered seven days ago and getting my first vaccine jab today. Amazing efficiency going on somewhere in the HSE system.

Never have I been so excited to get a needle in my arm. Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I'm 40 in 8 days time so can I register now do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭rameire

KKkitty wrote: »
    yes you can, they are going by year of birth.
    Im a day behind you. Happy birthday.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

KKkitty wrote: »

Yeah if you were born anytime in 1981 or before you can register. I know some who is 44 who registered in the 45-49 group.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

JDD wrote: »

Its amazing seeing the enthusiasm for this rollout, I only know 1 person who doesn't want it.

• Advertisement

rameire wrote: »
    yes you can, they are going by year of birth.
    Im a day behind you. Happy birthday.

Thanks and the same to you.

Has anyone had issues with receiving the verification code the portal sends you?

I've tried a few times today without receiving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭Apogee

I've just registered there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Anyone help me out?
    My mate registered for the vaccine and received the following text:

"Use (code here) to verify using mobile chrome on unknown"

We both seem stumped. Mobile chrome? Chrome browser on phone? But unknown? Anyone see that before.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Anyone help me out?
    My mate registered for the vaccine and received the following text:

"Use (code here) to verify using mobile chrome on unknown"

We both seem stumped. Mobile chrome? Chrome browser on phone? But unknown? Anyone see that before.

Yeah it's just identifying your browser that you registered with
    Just enter the code to verify

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Stheno wrote: »
    Yeah it's just identifying your browser that you registered with
    Just enter the code to verify

Thanks for getting back
    They said they done that but doesn't work. Odd situation.

Would you know if there is a helpline ot something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,196 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I have just registered for my vaccine ye.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,196 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Has anyone had issues with receiving the verification code the portal sends you?

I've tried a few times today without receiving it.

Nope no problem. I received two because I accidentally hit out when registering the first time so had to do it again. All done now though just the wait now. My brother and brother in law both got there first vaccines over the last couple of days. The brother got the Maderna one and the brother in law the Pfizer one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Apogee wrote: »

7% of cases over 55. Very impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I got my vaccine today, the first one. I recently had Covid & asked the nurse if I need the second & they don't know. So how do I find out for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭JPup

If you are under 50 I thought they said one was enough if you've had it in the past 9 months but not sure how they are implementing that.

At any point in the process either in registering online or at the vaccination centre did they ask you if you recently had Covid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭larchielads

Seems to be 2 weeks between cohorts or was it always that way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭corkie

kg703 wrote: »
    Do we think 35-39 will be able to register next week?

Allot of the 55+ are due a second jab this week or next. So might delay the rollout for that age group?

https://twitter.com/DonnellyStephen/status/1402594168422207488

Knine wrote: »
    I got my vaccine today, the first one. I recently had Covid & asked the nurse if I need the second & they don't know. So how do I find out for sure?

In this era of variants, I wouldn't ask that question, I'd just go and get the 2nd jab it's free and will copper fasten your protection

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

This may have been asked, and perhaps a silly question, but what exactly is the cut off age for J&J vaccinations? Is it nobody under the age of 50 receiving them? Am I missing a trick or will we not have a huge surplus of these vaccinations then?

Turned 30 this year, interested to see when I'll get mine. I was thinking I should get first dose by end of July, but hard to know.

In this era of variants, I wouldn't ask that question, I'd just go and get the 2nd jab it's free and will copper fasten your protection

It was a Variant that I had! I just thought they would be better informed about it

JPup wrote: »
    If you are under 50 I thought they said one was enough if you've had it in the past 9 months but not sure how they are implementing that.

At any point in the process either in registering online or at the vaccination centre did they ask you if you recently had Covid?

Yeah I read that too but have seen nothing concrete & they did not seem to know in the vaccination centre. They only asked if I had it in the last 4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

JDD wrote: »
    Registered seven days ago and getting my first vaccine jab today. Amazing efficiency going on somewhere in the HSE system.

Delighted to hear but baffled that people are so surprised it's going very well. This is an organisation that co-ordinated and delivered 1.4m flu' jabs last year. It may have lots of other problems but this they do very well and without fuss every year. This likely success was flagged in January and even before that, when there was no programme in sight!

Seems a good point to salute all of those who have been involved in this monumental effort, the country is grateful.

• Advertisement

Knine wrote: »
    It was a Variant that I had! I just thought they would be better informed about it

They are just Vaccinator's, some are nurses
    They're not luke o neill
    I'd just take it if I were you
    You won't have had the Indian variant
    Each time this thing varies, it steals a little march on vaccinations
    The less opportunity it has the better

Advertisement