Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Knine wrote: »
    I got my vaccine today, the first one. I recently had Covid & asked the nurse if I need the second & they don't know. So how do I find out for sure?
    You should get the second.

The advice in relation to having caught covid in the previous 9 months relates to the health guidelines. That is, if you had covid in the last nine months, you can consider yourself protected enough to meet other infected/vaccinated people without facemasks. You still should get vaccinated, and get both doses though.

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/get-the-vaccine/when-you-have-been-vaccinated/

There was some talk about only giving a single dose to people who'd had covid before, but it was quietly shelved as it would be too much hassle to administer that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Since when are the HSE telling people what variant they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭JPup

wardides wrote: »
    This may have been asked, and perhaps a silly question, but what exactly is the cut off age for J&J vaccinations? Is it nobody under the age of 50 receiving them? Am I missing a trick or will we not have a huge surplus of these vaccinations then?

Turned 30 this year, interested to see when I'll get mine. I was thinking I should get first dose by end of July, but hard to know.

Very little chance you will be offered J&J. I doubt it will go below 45 at this stage.

Yes, Ireland and the EU as a while will shortly have many millions of spare vaccines which will then be sent on to the rest of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Since when are the HSE telling people what variant they have?

Was wondering that myself??

1huge1 wrote: »
    Was wondering that myself??
    Sounds like mumbo-jumbo to me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Sounds like mumbo-jumbo to me....

Wow.

A HSE Doctor rang me to tell me we had one of the variants & to discuss if we had been travelling.

Hardly something someone would make up. People really should think before they post ****e

Wow.

A HSE Doctor rang me to tell me we had one of the variants & to discuss if we had been travelling.

Hardly something someone would make up. People really should think before they post ****e
    okay, sure

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

corkie wrote: »

The impact of our COVID-19 vaccination programme continues to be seen. This daily age-specific incidence rates of confirmed cases per 100,000 population
    from 9th May to 3rd June shows how those age cohorts fully vaccinated have seen outbreaks and clusters almost eliminated.

https://twitter.com/DonnellyStephen/status/1402594168422207488

In fairness if you showed an year with seasonal virus levels it would look the same as that chart I’d imagine. I sure 2020’s charts looked the same without vaccines too.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

okay, sure

Maybe learn to be a little more civil when someone has information you weren't aware of

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/testing/close-contact-of-a-covid-19-variant-of-concern.html

Protocols are different when a variant of concern is identified.

Wow.

Apologies, I certainly wasn't disagreeing with you if thats how it came across, just first I had heard of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭kg703

Allot of the 55+ are due a second jab this week or next. So might delay the rollout for that age group?

https://twitter.com/DonnellyStephen/status/1402594168422207488

Thanks, looks to be two weeks in between. I'm 33 so I'll be probably registering early July. Husband is in the next group though. Literally can't wait.

One of the GPs in my area has it on their website that if they have leftovers they call people on a cancellation list..... My GP won't even vaccinate cohort 7. I'm just impatient but it's so hard now not to book myself into every restaurant going when we are so close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭useless

How do I read this chart? I was assuming that the 19-24 age cohort has the most cases as its consistently in the 'red' zone, but what do the numbers represent? I thought it might have been the % of that days cases that fall into that age cohort, but the numbers across the horizontal for any day dont add up to 100.

Its number of cases per 100,00, colour coded.

e.g. on the 3rd of June, the age cohort 19-24 had a incidence rate of 28.7 per 100,00. The colour coding is automatically generated by the chart depending on the data fed into it. But essentially, the higher (worse) the values are, the more red they are and vice versa for green.

What will happen over time is that the green will extend further and further to the left (down the age cohort).

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭SJFly

In fairness if you showed an year with seasonal virus levels it would look the same as that chart I’d imagine. I sure 2020’s charts looked the same without vaccines too.

No, it wouldn't. That chart is showing incidence rates coming down in the older (vaccinated) age groups, while simultaneously going up in the younger (unvaccinated) age groups, as restrictions are lifted. It's pretty clear evidence that the vaccines are doing their job. Good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

wardides wrote: »
    This may have been asked, and perhaps a silly question, but what exactly is the cut off age for J&J vaccinations? Is it nobody under the age of 50 receiving them? Am I missing a trick or will we not have a huge surplus of these vaccinations then?

Turned 30 this year, interested to see when I'll get mine. I was thinking I should get first dose by end of July, but hard to know.

Unclear at the moment. It has been said that J & J and AZ might be offered to the under 40s "if no other vaccine is available", so we don't really know if that has happened.

Vaccine registration for people aged 30-39 to open next week
    Deliveries in Johnson&Johnson vaccine lower than ‘worst-case’ scenario shortfall
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/vaccine-registration-for-people-aged-30-39-to-open-next-week-1.4588613?mode=amp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭techdiver

Is anyone else having issues with the vaccine system text bombing them with the 2 factor code for logging in? I attempted to log in today and the code never arrived for a while, but now I am getting multiple message with the same code every hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Strazdas wrote: »
    Unclear at the moment. It has been said that J & J and AZ might be offered to the under 40s "if no other vaccine is available", so we don't really know if that has happened.

My bet was and still remains that they'll give it to the pharmacies and let them hand it out to anyone who wants it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

My bet was and still remains that they'll give it to the pharmacies and let them hand it out to anyone who wants it.
    Not yet, maybe in August or September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭corkie

kg703 wrote: »
    Thanks, looks to be two weeks in between. I'm 33 so I'll be probably registering early July. Husband is in the next group though. Literally can't wait.

One of the GPs in my area has it on their website that if they have leftovers they call people on a cancellation list..... My GP won't even vaccinate cohort 7. I'm just impatient but it's so hard now not to book myself into every restaurant going when we are so close!
    Deliveries in Johnson&Johnson vaccine lower than ‘worst-case’ scenario shortfall
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/vaccine-registration-for-people-aged-30-39-to-open-next-week-1.4588613?mode=amp

^^^ :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Can’t come fast enough!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

I am still feeling a bit ****ty after getting Pfizer dose one yday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

km79 wrote: »

Stick with it. Two paracetamol and you'll be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Some posters have said similar especially regarding old injuries.

There is also a suggestion that those who felt "really" bad after mRNA dose 1 could have had covid19 already but all anecdotal. You'll be grand touch wood.

Had a bit of a sore arm only after my first shot. Parents were a bit off form for two days after their second shot of Pfizer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Got my 1st Pfizer dose yesterday. Arm feels a little dead but no other issues. I have spoken to a couple of people though who felt the same as yourself for a day or 2 after the Pfizer jab. Hope you feel better tomorrow mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RavenBea17b

I got my vaccine today, the first one. I recently had Covid & asked the nurse if I need the second & they don't know. So how do I find out for sure?
    Unless you were given the one shot Jansen, then YES, you will need your second jab to be fully vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

201,000 45-49 year olds have registered and 160,000 have had a first dose as at 3rd June. I’d imagine most of the rest have been done in the last week so I’d say 40-44 will get first dose mainly this weekend to about 20th June.

35-39 to start in some areas from the 21st?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RavenBea17b

They are just Vaccinator's, some are nurses
    They're not luke o neill
    I'd just take it if I were you
    You won't have had the Indian variant
    Each time this thing varies, it steals a little march on vaccinations
    The less opportunity it has the better

What percentage of cases over the last four five weeks have been the Indian/ Kappa variant. It has been increasing from what I read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    201,000 45-49 year olds have registered and 160,000 have had a first dose as at 3rd June. I’d imagine most of the rest have been done in the last week so I’d say 40-44 will get first dose mainly this weekend to about 20th June.

35-39 to start in some areas from the 21st?

Know a couple of 43 year olds getting their first jab tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

So will 30-39 be getting only MRNA? Or will we be getting J&J and Aztrazeneca?

Advertisement