Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,108 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

They are ahead on second doses also.
    Correct, they're at 42% to our 20% second doses (of total population). And they're probably still dosing slightly faster than us, so the gap will be maintained.

They have also recently announced a reduction of the AZ dosing gap to six weeks.

It's a mad scramble to beat the rise of the delta.

40, still waiting on an appointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭celt262

40, still waiting on an appointment.

Ditto 42

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RavenBea17b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

celt262 wrote: »
    Ditto 42

Judging from the appointments thread, I think they'll get going on the 40-45 group in earnest next week. If there are 200k registered as Lumen said above, they'll knock them out in 7-14 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,060 ✭✭✭✭josip

Looking at the UK hospitalisation numbers and our recent cases/ICU numbers I think both countries are effectively in the same (good) place coming into the summer.
    'Summer' has always meant July and August for me and we have another 3 weeks of vaccinations to go which will be another three quarters of a million doses.
    There won't be another wave.

I think it's been a few pages since the last 'thank goodness for Pfizer' post, so it's appropriate to say it again.
    Without them, we'd be in a very bad place with another year written off.
    I also think that the EU/Pfizer reacted rapidly and correctly to increase the Pfizer EU capacity when it became obvious that there were serious issues with AZ's ability to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭murtyd17

I don't have any valid (in date) IDs that are listed on the HSE website to get the vaccine
    Has anyone used an our of date passport for id?

This is what is on the HSE website

This can be your:
    passport - book or card
    driving licence
    Public Services Card
    travel pass
    National Age Card - issued by the Gardaí
    You will not be vaccinated if you do not have photo ID.

https://twitter.com/RufusSG/status/1402756968847138818

Looking good (so far) against variants including Indian Kappa/Delta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Judging from the appointments thread, I think they'll get going on the 40-45 group in earnest next week. If there are 200k registered as Lumen said above, they'll knock them out in 7-14 days.

All depends on locations. Three people that report into me got it this week. 44,42,41 in Sligo . They all got it over the last two days. All with Pfizer. So the group is already being eaten into.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

Croke Park seems to be a bit behind, They are doing the late 40's at the moment.

I queued for 35 minutes last night in Croke park to get the shot. Altogether I was in the vaccination center for an hour.

• Advertisement

murtyd17 wrote: »
    I don't have any valid (in date) IDs that are listed on the HSE website to get the vaccine
    Has anyone used an our of date passport for id?

This is what is on the HSE website

This can be your:
    passport - book or card
    driving licence
    Public Services Card
    travel pass
    National Age Card - issued by the Gardaí
    You will not be vaccinated if you do not have photo ID.

Expired passport should be fine. Its an ID they want not a travel document and its still you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

They are ahead on second doses also.

They are at 43% fully vaccinated, we are currently at 20.4%.

Well you expect them to be ahead considering they started a good few months before us. The point is we are closing the gap on the 2nd dose now.

We have ramped it up since April which is great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Anyone here abreast on how well Greystones MVC are going?

My colleague (45-49) got his appointment there within a day of registering, so I assumed they were flying along.

Myself and herself haven't had any word nearly a week after registering. Not that I'm worried at all, I'll get it whenever, was just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

No date for vaccine registration for 30-39 year olds

Paul Reid said that the HSE is not in a position to say yet when vaccination registration will open for people aged 30-39 years.

He said they should be in a better position by the end of next week to confirm when it will start.

Vaccination will open first for those aged 35-39.

The HSE said it wants to see the full uptake of vaccination for those over 40 first before announcing registration for 30-39 years.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0610/1227310-covid-tracker/

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

I saw the following on RTÉ:

“Professor O'Farrelly urged those who are waiting for their second shot of AstraZeneca to be patient, saying "we will all get fully vaccinated", adding it is likely people will have to continue getting booster vaccinations over the coming years.”

I don’t like the government going beyond the 12 week dosing guideline for people (like myself) who have been unfortunately stuck with this 3 month vaccine, and that dismissive vague statement is quite worrying for those who should have already had dose two… with them mentioning boosters in the same breath it almost seems like they’re deferring a second dose!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

From same press conference above:
    HSE CEO Paul Reid said it's hoped 270,000-290,000 vaccine doses will be administered next week.

I’m surprised by this. I had thought that by mid-June we would be doing closer to 400k a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

revelman wrote: »

Wtf happened with the pretty serious miscommunication so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

Just posting this as an FYI for anyone yet to get the jab. I got my first one (Pfizer) yesterday and felt fine until I got very strong heart palpitations at lunchtime. I'm 44, fit and healthy, no heart problems etc. I didn't know that it was one of the lesser known side effects of the vaccine, though I had read a few headlines about the myocarditis in young men.

I had never experienced anything like this before, so when my hands started to go numb I got my husband to call an ambulance. Luckily by the time the ambulance arrived 15 minutes later my heart rate had returned to normal and the feeling came back in my hands. It was really horrible, but I probably wouldn't have panicked and made it worse had I known it was a likely (or even unlikely) side effect.

Clearly, I'd still take the vaccine again and it really was only a momentary thing - all over and done with in half an hour. So please don't let it put you off. But better to know these things right?

revelman wrote: »
    From same press conference above:

I’m surprised by this. I had thought that by mid-June we would be doing closer to 400k a week.

Theres been massive J&J shortages and pfizer while being the major workhorse still hasn't reached the projected numbers either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Paul Reid said that the HSE is not in a position to say yet when vaccination registration will open for people aged 30-39 years.

He said they should be in a better position by the end of next week to confirm when it will start.

The HSE said it wants to see the full uptake of vaccination for those over 40 first before announcing registration for 30-39 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Reid said in the conference that there will be very significant Pfizer deliveries in the last 2 weeks of June

Tyrone212 wrote: »

Then where were the multiple outlets that reported it was going to start next week getting their info from?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,289 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

VinLieger wrote: »
    Wtf happened with the pretty serious miscommunication so?

What serious miscommunication ??

The word that the portal might open next week was mentioned by 2 papers firstly citing "sources" , there wasn't an official announcement

VinLieger wrote: »
    Then where were the multiple outlets that reported it was going to start next week getting their info from?

The usual "sources"

If they're right then great, if they're wrong its just got peoples hopes up. Always wait for an actual announcement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

strongback wrote: »
    Croke Park seems to be a bit behind, They are doing the late 40's at the moment.

I queued for 35 minutes last night in Croke park to get the shot. Altogether I was in the vaccination center for an hour.
    From what has been posted here the Dublin centres seem to be very busy in the evenings.

The usual "sources"

If they're right then great, if they're wrong its just got peoples hopes up. Always wait for an actual announcement.

It has to have come from a cabinet member who needs to be hauled across the coals

Reid said in the conference that there will be very significant Pfizer deliveries in the last 2 weeks of June

MM seemed to indicate on Newstalk this morning that AZ would also have some very large deliveries last 2 weeks. Looks like a repeat of the end of Q1 for AZ when they tried to claw back some of the decreases in the last week or two

JDD wrote: »
    Just posting this as an FYI for anyone yet to get the jab. I got my first one (Pfizer) yesterday and felt fine until I got very strong heart palpitations at lunchtime. I'm 44, fit and healthy, no heart problems etc. I didn't know that it was one of the lesser known side effects of the vaccine, though I had read a few headlines about the myocarditis in young men.

I had never experienced anything like this before, so when my hands started to go numb I got my husband to call an ambulance. Luckily by the time the ambulance arrived 15 minutes later my heart rate had returned to normal and the feeling came back in my hands. It was really horrible, but I probably wouldn't have panicked and made it worse had I known it was a likely (or even unlikely) side effect.

Clearly, I'd still take the vaccine again and it really was only a momentary thing - all over and done with in half an hour. So please don't let it put you off. But better to know these things right?

Glad you got your first jab, one step closer to normality again. You did the right thing, getting an ambulance and getting yourself checked over and you are feeling right as reign again. Make sure you get this side effect added to the list of side effects/symptoms on the HSE report card. As you said, its because you knew of symptoms that you didn't panic. Glad you feeling better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Pfizer seem to be short 30k this week and next week. Hopefully they can make it up in those 2 weeks. That would see 350k mRNA vaccines delivered in each of those weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭eoinbn

MM seemed to indicate on Newstalk this morning that AZ would also have some very large deliveries last 2 weeks. Looks like a repeat of the end of Q1 for AZ when they tried to claw back some of the decreases in the last week or two

AZ production has been fine quarter. It seems to be more peaks and troughs than mRNA production but is just a reflection of how it is manufactured.

Advertisement