Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

At least 7 or 800 50 to 59's got AZ in Greystones on May 18th when they ran out of pfizer
    Fair enough but it doesn't look like its use has been widespread within that group. So probably July 18th for them with the new guidelines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    4 and 7 mainly got Pfizer via GPs or in MVCs

Group 4/7 were mainly AZ from March to the April decision to stop. About half were given it. That’s the group I’m in (well 7 anyways).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Polar101 wrote: »
    Hopefully it will pass soon!

I didn't get a fever, but was pretty sick on the second day (which was yesterday) - spent most of the day in bed and had to take some paracetamol because I got a bad headache. But today I'm feeling back to normal. So at least the side effects didn't last very long.
    Got my Pfizer jab 1 on Tues. Fresh as a daisy yesterday. Today feel very lethargic. Not bad enough for bed and was able to get out and do what I had to do but brain a bit fuzzy also. Best way I can descibe it is like that feeling when you know it's the start of a cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

is_that_so wrote: »
    I don't think the 50-59s have been done with it. For them it seems to be J&J or mRNA vaccines.

They were offered it, but yes not in mass like the 60+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,141 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

ddarcy wrote: »
    Group 4/7 were mainly AZ from March to the April decision to stop. About half were given it. That’s the group I’m in (well 7 anyways).

I didnt realise that . I know 2 in group 4 and 3 in 7 who got Pfizer but it was late April

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

TefalBrain wrote: »
    There is no chance of people abiding by another lockdown, zero.

They asked us to lockdown to protect the vulnerable the last few times and that is now not an issue with that cohort vaccinated so they have run out of road. The vaccine was always the end game and we are now there.

Life must now go on.

Not quite . The asked the eldely / vulnerable to cocoon to protect themselves. They also asked people to protect themselves but also the elderly
    and vulnerable. They asked everyone to observe restrictions to keep the rate of infection down so that health care resources and services could cope with those that did get sick. We did that and we've kept down both case numbers and deaths with the result we have the lowest rare of both compared to our nearest European neighbours.

If infection rates rise for any reason (and I'm hopeful confident they wont) then we would have little option especially if something like the Delta variant was infecteing those with only one dose (and thats the absolute majority of people including most of those vulnerable under 65 ) or none

Yes life must go on but we are in the midst of the biggest vaccination programme in the history of the state. And for the moment that's remains a huge priority

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

The French proving everyone wrong with their vaccination rates. Should go through the 30m barrier on Saturday. It was estimated at one point only 40% of the adult population would take a vaccine.

pMfJr9N.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Polar101 wrote: »
    Hopefully it will pass soon!

I didn't get a fever, but was pretty sick on the second day (which was yesterday) - spent most of the day in bed and had to take some paracetamol because I got a bad headache. But today I'm feeling back to normal. So at least the side effects didn't last very long.

Got mine (Pfizer dose 1) yesterday morning. Got a bit of a sore shoulder by the afternoon, and developed a relatively mild headache later in the night. Still had a bit of a headache for most of the day today but didn't stop me working or anything. Just felt a bit like I'd had a couple of drinks last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Got my Pfizer jab 1 on Tues. Fresh as a daisy yesterday. Today feel very lethargic. Not bad enough for bed and was able to get out and do what I had to do but brain a bit fuzzy also. Best way I can descibe it is like that feeling when you know it's the start of a cold.

Got Moderna a few days back and arm was very sore day after .. then as you described got that heavy head like I was coming down with cold and throat felt a bit dry.
    With feeling like this after first dose I imagine I will be in a heap after second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The French proving everyone wrong with their vaccination rates. Should go through the 30m barrier on Saturday. It was estimated at one point only 40% of the adult population would take a vaccine.

pMfJr9N.png
    Good for them. The last poll had them at 65%, hopefully that too is increasing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭noplacehere

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I didnt realise that . I know 2 in group 4 and 3 in 7 who got Pfizer but it was late April

Yeah ddarcy is right. I’m in a group of Very high risk. Most of us that were done early through hospitals etc were given AstraZeneca. I’m due my 12 week dose at the end of June through Blanchardstown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

In theory If you got dose 1 in GP can you get second dose in MVC assuming it’s the same vaccine ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭Apogee

Headline figures from HSE briefing this afternoon:
    https://twitter.com/PriscillaLynch/status/1402978140977311744

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bluebell76

Hi
    I’m due to get my first dose of Pfizer on sunday. The problem I have is I would be due to get my 2nd dose in 4 weeks time & I will be travelling around Ireland when I’m due to get my 2nd injection. Does anyone know if you can (1) reschedule 2nd appointment (2)can 2nd dose be longer than 4 weeks? (3) If I reschedule orginal appointment - how many times can you reschedule 1st appointment? I rang the help desk earlier & couldn’t give me a proper answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

bluebell76 wrote: »
    Hi
    I’m due to get my first dose of Pfizer on sunday. The problem I have is I would be due to get my 2nd dose in 4 weeks time & I will be travelling around Ireland when I’m due to get my 2nd injection. Does anyone know if you can (1) reschedule 2nd appointment (2)can 2nd dose be longer than 4 weeks? (3) If I reschedule orginal appointment - how many times can you reschedule 1st appointment? I rang the help desk earlier & couldn’t give me a proper answer

Ireland ain’t that big - could you not drive back for dose 2? That’s what I’m planning to do if it arises for me. Otherwise you can postpone and you should get another in a week or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭celt262

Anyone having issues logging into the portal tonight?

Edit: got in on Phone wouldnt work on PC for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

celt262 wrote: »
    Anyone having issues logging into the portal tonight?

yes I get this message when it tries to verify my identity

__MISSING LABEL__ PropertyFile - val TemporaryError not found in section SmsVerificationStartUi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Hi

Text back "new" when you get the second appointment and they'll give you a new one a few days to a few weeks later. 2nd dose doesn't have to be exactly 4 weeks.

Text back "new" when you get the second appointment and they'll give you a new one a few days to a few weeks later. 2nd dose doesn't have to be exactly 4 weeks.

I know somone who did that and got an appointment 3 days earlier than the original one.

spannerism wrote: »

__MISSING LABEL__ PropertyFile - val TemporaryError not found in section SmsVerificationStartUi

I was getting that on the computer and tried the phone and got in no bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Hi

I will be in same situation and hopefully if only a couple of hours away I will drive back , if any further away I will request a new appointment. Other issue is I don’t want to be unwell for a full day after vaccine as I will be driving a fair bit that week .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

The plan of doing 400,000 doses a week in June looks like it won't be met. Slightly disappointing but 250k is not to be sneezed at but seems capacity in vaccination centres is close to being maxed

duffman13 wrote: »
    The plan of doing 400,000 doses a week in June looks like it won't be met. Slightly disappointing but 250k is not to be sneezed at but seems capacity in vaccination centres is close to being maxed

More of a supply issue than capacity to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭plodder

getting that as well. Seems to be a salesforce issue

‘Why do you sit out here all alone?’ said Alice…..
    ‘Why, because there’s nobody with me!’ cried Humpty Dumpty.‘Did you think I didn’t know the answer to that?’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Hi
    I got my 1st Pfizer dose Tues. I'm due for dury duty exactly 4 weeks from that date so I could be 2 weeks minimum delayed for my 2nd dose. Both nurses I spoke to said it will make no difference to the effectiveness of the vaccine if it it is delayed by a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Any chance a 34 year old will be double dosed by August 1st going by age based roll out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭JPup

Any chance a 34 year old will be double dosed by August 1st going by age based roll out ?

35-39 good chance I’d say. 30-34 probably not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Most likely not, but definitely not too long after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I would say mid-August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭plodder

if you click reload (or shift reload) when you see that, it will go on to the next screen okay

‘Why do you sit out here all alone?’ said Alice…..
    ‘Why, because there’s nobody with me!’ cried Humpty Dumpty.‘Did you think I didn’t know the answer to that?’

Advertisement